Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Should I Switch?

Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I Switch?

Hows it going guys

Currently I have a 95 Integra LS and I'm thinking about selling it to buy an 2000 Civic Si..My question is, is there a big difference between the two, and do you think it would be a smart move or should I just keep what I have...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I Switch? (sprco)

dude if your not obd-2 already, don't you dare go to obd-2. its def not worth all the problems they have, only while modding it though, if you understand wat i'm saying?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well is your integra modded? as in do you have an engine swap
Old 07-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Frickin N00bs,

anyway, OP, what are you looking for in a car? future plans? what do you do with your car?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Should I Switch? (longshot)

As if buying an OBD-2 Conversion harness and chipping your ECU is SOOOO hard.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should I Switch? (JxMac206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JxMac206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As if buying an OBD-2 Conversion harness and chipping your ECU is SOOOO hard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

MPE
Old 07-03-2008, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Should I Switch? (JxMac206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JxMac206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As if buying an OBD-2 Conversion harness and chipping your ECU is SOOOO hard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. I have a 2000 si with a converion harness and a chipped p28. Nothing to it.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so I think I need to read up on some stuff cause you guys are loosing me lol..
As for mods, my Teg now is stock because the seller lied about the maintenance, and so basically my "modding" was just getting the car to normal running status, but plans for right now are simple bolts and suspension
Old 07-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sprco)

Em1's are fun, my buddy has one with I/H/E. Theyre chick magnets

but it depends on what you want out of a car
which one do you like better?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think I would like the Si a little more, is the power a big difference between the two?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in higher rpm's yes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (nix94delsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sprco &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Currently I have a 95 Integra LS and I'm thinking about selling it to buy an 2000 Civic Si..My question is, is there a big difference between the two, and do you think it would be a smart move or should I just keep what I have...</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Em1's are fun, my buddy has one with I/H/E. Theyre chick magnets...</TD></TR></TABLE>

IMHO, the '99-'00 Si is the '55 Chevy of the CiViC World!

If you're given to 'rods' not 'ricers', this would definitely be a smart move!

As nix94delsol said, they're FUN to drive - more FUN than any other CiViC for sure!

Um... as for the chick comment...

Personally, I drive a EJ7 shell with a full EM1 swap, e.g. a shaved, dropped, lighter and faster form of a '99 Si.

I get two reactions from chicks - they're drawn to it like flies to sugar - or it scares the **** out of them, like someone is gonna jump out and rape 'em. Kinda depends on the chick, you know...

Anyway, I've never got so many stares in my life - from guys and chicks alike!

Sooo...

If you like street rods, you wanna car that's fun to drive, and you don't mind a LOT of attention - go for it!

If you just wanna 'normal' ride - this is NOT the car for you! Stick with the LS...
Old 07-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlackDeuceCoupe)

lol Nice way to sum it up
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

em1 for sure.. it is pure sex... i always loved it
Old 07-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sprco &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hows it going guys

Currently I have a 95 Integra LS and I'm thinking about selling it to buy an 2000 Civic Si..My question is, is there a big difference between the two, and do you think it would be a smart move or should I just keep what I have...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I say you're dumb if you do it.

First of all, the '95 'teg is OBD-I, doesn't have all the emissions **** you'll have to get with the 2000 Si - but let's put that aside for a second.

The 2000 Si has a relatively small engine (ricers think the B16A2 is the ****, meanwhile it IS ****) compared the size/weight of the car (it's a behemoth) making it not fast - sort of like your car, but the difference is, your car has an ***-ton more torque than the SI due to its larger displacement and it doesn't make its power at 90 billion RPM like the Si so you won't be downshifting and flooring it for every ink of a hill like you do with the Si. Only reason your car is slower is because the B16 trans is shorter than ****. Though the 'teg is heavy too, the LS's motor can actually move it, where the Si's can't (at least not quickly in any 'quick' manner).

Combine that with the fact that it's a high theft car and you'll get boned on insurance, and I'd say it'd dumb as hell to sell ur teg and buy an Si.

EDIT:
Think about it this way:

If you buy the Si:
Chance of theft: UP
Torque: DOWN (a lot)
Speed: ~SAME
Gas Mileage: DOWN (the Si has a short transmission, so despite its small size it gets raped in fuel economy on the highway, though is good in town)
ROOM: ~SAME
INSURANCE: UP (a lot)
EMISSIONS CRAP: UP

So on and so forth.

Modified by Syndacate at 3:08 AM 7/4/2008
Old 07-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

but Syndacate they look so sexy... and u can always sell the b16 for one of the b18's, cause the ricers are all over the b16's.

but the teg does handle better and ur way right bout the insurance
Old 07-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDM_EjONE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_EjONE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but Syndacate they look so sexy... and u can always sell the b16 for one of the b18's, cause the ricers are all over the b16's.

but the teg does handle better and ur way right bout the insurance</TD></TR></TABLE>

True, but an LS swap into a B16 isn't worth it IMO unless you pair it with a GSR, ITR, or B16 transmission...and/or boost it.

I'm not a fan of the '99/'00 Si to begin with, so obviously my opinion is pretty biased from the start, but if you look at what the op's pros vs cons (in actual numbers, not opinion) it doesn't seem to be a smart move what-so-ever.

Though to each his own, some people enjoy going to the movies in their '99/'00 Si's and wondering if during the 2 hours they're in there their car won't be there when they get back.

I had a friend that worked at the mall - she got her car jacked in plain daylight...at a mall...GO Si's!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 08:39 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Interesting comments...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The 2000 Si has a relatively small engine... compared [to] the size/weight of the car... making it not fast.

<FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE (in stock form) - That's one of the reasons I went with a HX shell.</FONT>

Combine that with the fact that it's a high theft car and you'll get boned on insurance...

<FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE - another reason I went with a <u>shaved</u> HX shell, e.g. stealth!</FONT>

Think about it this way:

If you buy the Si:
Chance of theft: UP <FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE</FONT>
Torque: DOWN (a lot) <FONT COLOR="blue">Down: TRUE (a lot): FALSE</FONT>
Speed: ~SAME <FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE</FONT>
Gas Mileage: DOWN (the Si has a short transmission, so despite its small size it gets raped in fuel economy on the highway, though is good in town) <FONT COLOR="blue">FALSE - I get 37 MPG (city) 42 MPG (highway) with my B16A2</FONT>
ROOM: ~SAME <FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE</FONT>
INSURANCE: UP (a lot) <FONT COLOR="blue">Heh! What they don't know won't hurt 'em.</FONT>
EMISSIONS CRAP: UP <FONT COLOR="blue">GLOBAL WARMING: DOWN</FONT>

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not a fan of the '99/'00 Si to begin with, so obviously my opinion is pretty biased from the start...

<FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE - but thanks for being honest!</FONT>

Though to each his own, some people enjoy going to the movies in their '99/'00 Si's and wondering if during the 2 hours they're in there their car won't be there when they get back.

<FONT COLOR="blue">TRUE - I don't leave my car unattended without putting a (locking) car cover on it. CiViCs look a LOT less appealing with a ratty, stained, birdsh!t covered rag on them. I don't even wanna touch it...</FONT> </TD></TR></TABLE>