Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

short shifter ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short shifter ?

I have a 98 civic hb with a 01 gsr swap. I'm about to order a short shifter. I was wondering if I should get one for a 98 civic or a 01 integra. Or are the shifters the same? Thanks in advance
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: short shifter ? (silentbeatz)

Get the manuals and compare the hardware. manuals can be purchased off ebay on disk format or pdf format for about 4 bucks. I got my 97-00 civic helms manual from ebay. Best purchase ever.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oprah’s Minge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the manuals and compare the hardware. manuals can be purchased off ebay on disk format or pdf format for about 4 bucks. I got my 97-00 civic helms manual from ebay. Best purchase ever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, this doesn't answer the question, thanks for being a ebay spokesperson though!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silentbeatz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 98 civic hb with a 01 gsr swap. I'm about to order a short shifter. I was wondering if I should get one for a 98 civic or a 01 integra. Or are the shifters the same? Thanks in advance</TD></TR></TABLE>

no, the 2 shifter aren't the same. the civic has a single bend and the integra has a dual bend. before i did my shifter swap i preferred the civic over the integra. but now that i have my b&m straight (no bend) short shifter w/ es bushings, it's the best thing in the world.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: short shifter ? (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah, this doesn't answer the question, thanks for being a ebay spokesperson though!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yah well ebay is good for some things. I personally would never buy a PART off ebay, but a mechanic's manual that will normally cost 70 bucks, i'm all for. I was just making an alternative suggestion that i see nothing wrong with.

But thanks for the interjection anyway, douche.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes shifters are interchangeable, I recommend getting a Dual Bend SS.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: short shifter ? (Oprah's Minge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oprah’s Minge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yah well ebay is good for some things. I personally would never buy a PART off ebay, but a mechanic's manual that will normally cost 70 bucks, i'm all for. I was just making an alternative suggestion that i see nothing wrong with.

But thanks for the interjection anyway, douche.</TD></TR></TABLE>

douche, huh. well first off i've never bought a repair manual for anything near $70. the ones they sell in the parts store work just fine.

and what i see wrong with your alternative suggestion is IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE QUESTION BEING ASKED!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silentbeatz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a 98 civic hb with a 01 gsr swap. I'm about to order a short shifter. I was wondering if I should get one for a 98 civic or a 01 integra. Or are the shifters the same? Thanks in advance</TD></TR></TABLE>

how do expect to read and understand a repair manual when you can't even read and understand what the op is asking. what the hell does a repair manual have to do with finding out what short shifter is better and the comparison between an integra one and a civic.

go back to school, READING COMPREHENSION OWNS YOU!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
how do expect to read and understand a repair manual when you can't even read and understand what the op is asking. what the hell does a repair manual have to do with finding out what short shifter is better and the comparison between an integra one and a civic.

go back to school, READING COMPREHENSION OWNS YOU!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

reading comprehension?? his original post never included the words "what short shifter is better" you retard. The original post read more like the o.p. wanting to know if they are interchangeable and if either one would fit. Therefore, the best way to find that out is to refer to a manual and compare part sizes and schematics.

The O.P.'s first post was open to interpretation. Nice try at insulting me though. LOL you fail once again.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Oprah’s Minge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

reading comprehension?? his original post never included the words "what short shifter is better" you retard. The original post read more like the o.p. wanting to know if they are interchangeable and if either one would fit. Therefore, the best way to find that out is to refer to a manual and compare part sizes and schematics.

The O.P.'s first post was open to interpretation. Nice try at insulting me though. LOL you fail once again. </TD></TR></TABLE>

so your saying he needs to get a repair manual to find out if there is a difference?
wow, you really are a noob. besides, i really don't have to insult you, your ignorance already has done this. i think you need to spend some time doing some researching noob, let me assist you:

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010

and when ever you need a tutor let me know, i'll school you for free!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and when ever you need a tutor let me know, i'll school you for free!</TD></TR></TABLE>

really no need. I'm in the top 15% of the Junior and Senior class at the University of California Irvine, and my membership to the Golden Key Honour society really speaks for itself, but thanks anyway.

p.s. you're still a douche.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

p.s. you're still a douche.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the feeling is mutual!