Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Shop Adjusted idle too 2GRAND for IACV being broke..need help to adjust back down need help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop Adjusted idle too 2GRAND for IACV being broke..need help to adjust back down need help ASAP

was up at a shop bout 3 months ago and my IACV was having a leak so they tried adjusting my IDLE high in order to fix this problem temoprarily..well i finally bout a new IACV and put it on now my problem is that my car idles at 2 grand...how can i lower the idle down on the car all help appreciated...
i tried searching and no one really has a walk through on how to do this..pictures would help out greatly also
Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Shop Adjusted idle too 2GRAND for IACV being broke..need help to adjust back down need help ASAP

On the top of the TB there is a flat-head screw. Turn this screw. To set it correctly jumper the service connector first.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Shop Adjusted idle too 2GRAND for IACV being broke..need help to adjust back down need help ASAP

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesmogman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On the top of the TB there is a flat-head screw. Turn this screw. To set it correctly jumper the service connector first.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What do you mean by jumper the service cable first?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

still need help

Old 01-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First off what car? Service connector,timing connector. Just use a paperclip.

You can just turn it down for now. If you want to set it correctly to the rpm specified you use the connector.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thesmogman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First off what car? Service connector,timing connector. Just use a paperclip.

You can just turn it down for now. If you want to set it correctly to the rpm specified you use the connector. </TD></TR></TABLE>
First off, what?? To set the rpm correctly (500-575 ish) your suppose to unplug the IACV and start the car, its going to sputter at first and throw a CEL for it. THEN you adjust the idle screw accordingly. After you set it, turn the car off and plug the IACV back in, erase the code and start it back up. I think what your talking about with the service connector is to find out your codes, mainly for obd1 and earlier models.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Like I said what car? Sorry EK means nothing to me. Yes OBD0/I Service connector. For timing and idle adjustments

If obdII then yes pull the iacv connector and throw code and reset/remove code.
I can not believe that a shop would do this to an OBDII car though.
Then they might of?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its an 96 EK with 00 B16a1 head GSR block and B18c5 tranny...
So basically

1.unplug IACV
2.start car up and adjust IDLE to wear I want it...(500-575 ish)
3.turn car off and plug IACV back in
4. Turn car back on an dnow I should be good..
Old 01-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

When you pull the connector off the IACV with the motor running the computer will have a problem with it and throw a code and the check engine light will come on.

Do your adjustments, plug it back in, then get the code removed.

If you don't reset the computer/ECU the car will have the check engine light on for 30 drive cycles or about a month. So reset the ECU or get the code removed.

Some auto parts stores will remove the code for free. Kragen does it here in CA.
I don't like to tell people to remove the +battery cable for 10 seconds because some cars will lose the stock radio codes and they are a pain to get back. If you know your car doesn't have these codes then reset the ECU this way and you are good to go.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Banned

Or you can pop off the relay/fuse box top underneath the hood and remove the HAZARD and BACK-UP fuses for about 10 sec and plug them back in.