Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SHOOOOTTTT blew my head.....

Old 05-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOOOOTTTT blew my head.....

ok so i have a d16z6 honda civic. my wood-drift key for my cam/cam gear broke now my car sounds like a damn diesel. im guess i ruined all my valves by now. my question for you guys is, what are my options on heads i can throw on this sucker. thank guys
Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: SHOOOOTTTT blew my head.....

its spelled "woodruff"

Its possible that you didnt actually bend any valve ans that it just jumped timing. You may as well pull the cam and replace it and set the timing correctly. Its worth a shot. Doesnt take too long to swap cams on a SOHC.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how could i check when i take that off if its bad or not?
Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hayner41
how could i check when i take that off if its bad or not?
Before you do anything, do a leakdown test.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

will you plz explain what that is. i understand forum guys want you to search first which i did but i cant find anything that sounds right...
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Google "leakdown test"

We arent going to spoon feed you.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the help
Old 05-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a compression check man all u need to do is go into autozone get a compression tester rental tool. and make sure they give u all the connections for it take your plugs out set the wires on the intake after u take them off the plugs in the order u take them off so u dont get them mixed up. then u put the hose in the cylndr u want to check check them all look at a book to see what the cylndrs psi should be crank it over until the needle moves about 5 times on each. on my car i just did today its at about 80 in 2 cylnders n 50 n the other two i got stuck rings..

If u do not have any compression or low compression in any cylnder bro u got bent valves. you can change those farily easy dude with a valve spring removal tool and the intake and exaust valves are like 5-15$ not sure on that u will have to check around and see what u can find..

there is a Dual-gauge leakdown and Single the single will work just fine
if u need to know how to do it is easy dude just google video then type leak down and u can see how its done i tried to explain it the best i could but im sure there is still some stuff your not sure about
Old 05-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by richi86
its a compression check man all u need to do is go into autozone get a compression tester rental tool. and make sure they give u all the connections for it take your plugs out set the wires on the intake after u take them off the plugs in the order u take them off so u dont get them mixed up. then u put the hose in the cylndr u want to check check them all look at a book to see what the cylndrs psi should be crank it over until the needle moves about 5 times on each. on my car i just did today its at about 80 in 2 cylnders n 50 n the other two i got stuck rings..

If u do not have any compression or low compression in any cylnder bro u got bent valves. you can change those farily easy dude with a valve spring removal tool and the intake and exaust valves are like 5-15$ not sure on that u will have to check around and see what u can find..

there is a Dual-gauge leakdown and Single the single will work just fine
if u need to know how to do it is easy dude just google video then type leak down and u can see how its done i tried to explain it the best i could but im sure there is still some stuff your not sure about

Thank you! that is what i was thinkin it was just wasnt 100 percent sure. trust me im a forum guy to so i no how annoying it is to get asked the same thing over and over. im just new to the honda scene. im on an s10 forum. more into building rock crawlers. again thank you for explaining it. it helps quite a bit more then just "google it"
Old 05-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hayner41
Thank you! that is what i was thinkin it was just wasnt 100 percent sure. trust me im a forum guy to so i no how annoying it is to get asked the same thing over and over. im just new to the honda scene. im on an s10 forum. more into building rock crawlers. again thank you for explaining it. it helps quite a bit more then just "google it"
I dont really see how doing a Google search is such a strenuous task. I even gave you the exact term to type in. All you had to do was click the first link in the search query.

Anyway, GL with fixin your car.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a "leakdown test" is synonymous with ALL vehicles not just hondas. if your into s10's and rock crawlers they all do leakdowns as well. no need to get defensive. just google it and they will SHOW you how to do it.
adam jeffery