Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Shocks, need info please....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2002, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shocks, need info please....

I recently got my Ground Controls installed on my 2k SiR, I have a progress camber kit, everything runs smooth, not to bumpy. Before I had Spax 1.75 in my car. I was told by the installer that 3 out of 4 of my shocks are blown. The car rides fine, but I am wondering how important is it to get new shocks? he said I could wait till next year If i wanted to. Please only replies from people who know what they are talking about. Thanks!!!
Old 06-10-2002, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Shocks, need info please.... (CDM SiR)

i rode blown struts for about a yearon my 97 ek..riding on blown sturt is the worst possible ride....i recently installed tociko gas struts this past week which i paid 230$ brand new..i installed them my self....im very satisfied with the ride a excellent improvement!!!my buddy was telling me i should just get tein ha's for about 1,000$... ...i drove his car a few times..i was satisfied with the ride...then i drove my other friends eg with tokico struts....once again satisfied with the ride...........the tein ha's had a stiff vibration to them...which i disliked..i know that tein is a top dawg in the suspension industry with r&d and precision.....the reason i went with the tokicos was that i dont plan on auto xing anytime soon or spending a grand on suspension yet.....since i couldnt stand riding with blown sturts anymore grrrrrrrrrrr..........i decided to purchase tokicos..and all it took was 230$.......i plan on going hybrid soon so i went with the temporary sturt upgrade......the rest of my suspension is done up with cusco front and rear tower bars...front and cusco rear lower tie bars...sways bars.....tokico non adjustable strut neuspeed springs 2 1/4drop....15 " mugen rnr with falken azenis 205/50/15.......once i drop in my b18c1 engine then i will spend around a grand on suspension like tein or zeal ...so its pretty much up to u how much money u plan on spending.....if ur on a tight budget go with the tokico'ssmooth ride ...if u want very choice suspension and dont have a budget i suggest going with either zeal or tein..its all personal preference
Old 06-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shocks, need info please.... (CDM SiR)

your not going to hurt anything by driving around on blown shocks, all it does is make your car not handle as good as it can. i drove around on blown shocks and ground controls for a few months till i got my illimunas.