Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

She's gone and I already miss her....

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She's gone and I already miss her....

New owner just picked it up and is on his way home. Car is going back to where she was bought new, Seattle.

I'm not going to say who bought it, I'll let them speak up because they are a member here.

Now its on to the next project...

If anyone sees it running around tonight give him a wave, it still has my TW1STD plates on it till tommorrow.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (TwistedSI)

how much did you get for it?
Old 04-18-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (e jay one)

yeh what did you sell it for, and what is your next project?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (civiccpedx)

suck it up you sissy

doesnt it feel like you just gave a kidney away??? I was like that when i sold my delsol. just look to the future
Old 04-18-2005, 06:03 PM

I'd rather not say just because I don't want to be rude to the buyer. I'm happy with what I got and he got a great deal on a super clean low mileage car.

I've had the car over 2 years and got what I paid for it, enough to cover everything I had done to it, and a little more so I did alright. Basically drove it for 2 years for free.

Not too sure what is next. My truck is currently in the shop getting body dropped/bagged so I'm going to roll it some. Will be done in 2 weeks.

I think I'm going to build a 97+ Jeep Cherokee. I've never had a 4by. But if I find a screaming deal on another Honda I will probably snag it up. I was just done with mine, didn't want to ruin it.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
'

Thats one ******* sick *** sweet looking car!

there ain't NO WAY in hell you can secure that kind of car in socal or norcal CA. You will get JACKED SO FAST in CA with that kind of clean *** SI.

Nice how you kept it in such a awesome condition. But yea, that is such a thief magnet...

too beautiful, thieves will rape it.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (TwistedSI)

So you got what you paid for it, and enough to cover all your mods, and then some? No wonder you want to be discreet. He got got!
Old 04-18-2005, 06:07 PM

well good luck with your future endeavours.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you got what you paid for it, and enough to cover all your mods, and then some? No wonder you want to be discreet. He got got! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehehe, not really.

I got a screamin deal on the car 2 years ago when it had 16k miles on it. It was already lowered so all I did was tint the windows, ebay CAI, DC Sports Header, Magnaflow exhaust, a few hundred into stereo, oem fogs, and thats about it. Keep in mind I'm a bargain hunter so I got everything at a good price, I really don't have that much cash into it more than what I paid for the car.

We both got a fair deal. Keep in mind its clean title, low miles, and he is only the 3rd owner. He wanted a nice clean one and thats what he got.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:15 PM

so what did you pay for it with only 13k miles?
Old 04-18-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: (civiccpedx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civiccpedx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what did you pay for it with only 13k miles? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Less than what I sold it for. Lets just say I was shopping for a reconstructed title car and got this one for just a little more. It was a very fortunate find for me at the time.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:09 PM

I'm glad you sold it, it's pretty clean.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (EgRedSi)

nice car man
Old 04-18-2005, 07:20 PM

Damn nice car. You should have sold that **** to me.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 PM

I feel you, when I got my new car IS300. I missed my EG6. good thing I still have it. I honestly miss the Nation. hopefully in July I can afford to drive it some more.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I really can relate to you. I just sold my R yesterday, It was pretty strange seeing someone else drive off with my caR and knowing he ain't coming back. I felt like crap all day, didn't really think it would affect me the way it did .
Old 04-19-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (SASIR2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SASIR2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I really can relate to you. I just sold my R yesterday, It was pretty strange seeing someone else drive off with my caR and knowing he ain't coming back. I felt like crap all day, didn't really think it would affect me the way it did .</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, this is the first car I've sold and it sucks. I loved the car so much but kept trying to tell myself "its just a car" but its not working.

It really sucked this morning while I was driving my wife's minivan to work. I think thats when it sunk in.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That really sucks man. I always loved your car alot. Just what an em1 should look like.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (sonic em1)

Nice car, I'd miss her too.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (deSigi)

damn clean Si
Old 04-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TwistedSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup, this is the first car I've sold and it sucks. I loved the car so much but kept trying to tell myself "its just a car" but its not working.

It really sucked this morning while I was driving my wife's minivan to work. I think thats when it sunk in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice clean Si that anybody would die to have. Sucks too on rollin in the minivan . Why did you sell it? If you don't mind me asking.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: She's gone and I already miss her.... (Bond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nice clean Si that anybody would die to have. Sucks too on rollin in the minivan . Why did you sell it? If you don't mind me asking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just timing basically. And I was bored/done with it. I got the car over 2 years ago and within a few months had everything done to it. So for almost 2 years I've been driving the car the same way. In my opinion it was done and didn't need anything else done to it so figured I should sell it to someone who could enjoy it more than I.

I had the urge many times to go turbo or just do a N20 setup but each time thought about it and decided in a way it would be "ruining" a clean title low mileage car. Figured if I get the urge to build another SI with forced induction of sorts I would start with a salvage title and not feel so bad about it.

And my day to day life is so hectic with 3 kids, work, 2 of the kids in girl scouts, and my wife being very active with them in it, I didn't have the time that I used to to be able to take care of the car like it should be. I used to wash it at least once a week, rain or shine. And keep a nice coat of wax on it and a couple times a year do a nice polish but I just didn't have that kind of time anymore and almost felt like I was neglecting the car.

Lots of little reasons for the sale. It was/is a super nice, clean, and dependable car so I didn't feal bad at all selling it to someone from the forums. I would have sold this car to a friend, something I normally wouldn't do. Someday I may have another Honda or something but for now I need something not so nice that I don't have to wash/care for as often without feeling bad about it.