Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Shady theives and hes on honda tech

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shady theives and hes on honda tech

So I went looking on craigslist for a guage pod and emailed a seller that I wanted them. A few days after, I was friended on myspace by some honda fanatic. Two days after that the seller called me about the gauge pod. He asked what color my car was and said "Oh, thats so weird. I just friended some chick on myspace with a white coupe." I told him yea thats me. Then he says "And then on Honda-Tech I saw the same pictures of the turbo from her myspace on a thread. Well lets meet up tomorrow after I get outa class." I stopped for a second and thought it was weird how he found me on HT & Mysapce. Then I asked the next day if we could meet at my bfs shop for safety, and he said no. I ask to meet another day, and he says "If you want the part, it would be best to meet today". So blah blah he says he can't meet up, he'll have his gf meet me. I decided to take my bf's 350z and when i told his gf to look for that car she sounds disappointed and says " Wait, why? I thought you were coming in your car." I said nope, sorry. She gets to the meet up spot and we trade parts for money. My bf spots a lil black hatch staying on the other side of where we met up. When she starts her car to leave, he pulls out and waits at the stop sign for her. So we knew this was weird and followed them untilthey turned together into chapel trail, a development in fl.my only thought was that they were gunna scope out my car, or they thought i was coming alone. Either way, nothing matched up. So he never told me his user name, but hes on here. BEWARE! VERY shady. His myspace says "gets money" but has no job. Just be careful.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (LetAGrlShowU)

dam good thing ur on toppa ur game.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (crxricer66)

shady kids man... got plenty of those here in Ny.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just wanna add that i LOVE hollywood FL. i went to miami and i think i spent more time in hollywood.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: (prettylew)

wow, thats scary

mad props on looking out for yourself , if you have any more problems post it up

Old 11-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good thinking. I would want to ride the Z too!
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The thief used the craigslist ad as bait. When people email him, he has quite a few email addresses that he can use to look up people.

He did an email search on myspace, and found your profile. He probably browsed your profile or maybe did an email search on HT to find pics of your car.

Yes, it is possible they wanted to scope out your car, or even jack you in person.

Good thing you are not a dumbass and was in a right state of mind to take the precautions you did. In the future, set up another email account used strictly for craigslist or other sites where it won't be wise to use your main email account. Keep your myspace profile private, and only add people you know. Keep your email address hidden in you HT profile.

And while your at it post a reply to his ad on craigslist warning people not to do business with him.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (Phil_Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxricer66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dam good thing ur on toppa ur game.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is dam right. good thing you were smarter then the dude thought you were,
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (White95SiHB)

wow expletive theives, good thing you were cautious and smart about it.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (96 EJ8)

Smart girl
Old 11-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (black_EM1)

You apparently saw his myspace, why don't you post it on here so others can try to figure who this ******** is?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in florida. I'll beat that ****** within' an inch of his life. I promise you that punk wont be able to steal a damn shopping cart when I'm done with the *****. I HATE thieves and have been a victum 2 seperate times in my life. I do not play with scum. I'm gonna start researching.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bejita)

Angry much, The Punisher?

I mean, Frank Castle. Wait, don't hit me.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Precautions.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (black_EM1)

Good heads up since I live in Hollywood and am in the market for EK parts. Thieves suck, got my 1 friend twice in 2 of his old cars, including once right in front of his house in North Miami.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Shady theives and hes on honda tech (White95SiHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by White95SiHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The thief used the craigslist ad as bait. When people email him, he has quite a few email addresses that he can use to look up people.

He did an email search on myspace, and found your profile. He probably browsed your profile or maybe did an email search on HT to find pics of your car.

Yes, it is possible they wanted to scope out your car, or even jack you in person.

Good thing you are not a dumbass and was in a right state of mind to take the precautions you did. In the future, set up another email account used strictly for craigslist or other sites where it won't be wise to use your main email account. Keep your myspace profile private, and only add people you know. Keep your email address hidden in you HT profile.

And while your at it post a reply to his ad on craigslist warning people not to do business with him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew exactly how he searched me on honda tech, and myspace. i put everything on private for myspace, but i guess i'll do it on here too. I'm not posting his sn from myspace cuz thats just drama that i dont wanna get involved in. possibly make myself more of a target. but he lives out in pembroke pines by chapel trail, so0 beware.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job on being aware of your surroundings and situation. I hope somebody gets this dude. . . Too many crooks and douchebags are around these days.

Btw how is Hollywood these days? I miss my hometown
Old 11-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shady
Old 11-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

thats why i ALWAYS carry brass knuckles in my pocket with my hand in there when meeting ppl of craigslist for parts.... i play baseball so i usually have bats too. haha... prolly not smart to carry those two things tho.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

good thing ur not stoopid! on looking out for yourself!!! Theives should burn in hell!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: (SuperSonikBluEK)

the interesting part is.. i went to delete him off my friends list yesterday and he had already done so. Which means he was following these posts. Thats a good thing
Old 11-23-2007, 05:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah he'll probably post up with a different screen name and location now that you put where he lives. Too bad you didn't get pic's of the car, one picture and I'm sure someone would be able to tell you exactly who the guy is. Glad to hear you and your car are safe.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: (Gear Dog)

You know what the sad thing is, would you really even know if he posted in here? Sometimes when I wander across these threads, I wonder if the actual thieves are the ones posting in the threads "thieves are ******* gay" "expletive thieves". I don't know it just makes me wonder. It's very good that you saw through it though.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: (LeaveMeAloneClifford)

to that guy..
Old 11-23-2007, 10:51 AM

yeah have your "girlfriend" come alone and meet up? sounds scary. sounds like a car jack in person. maybe even lead to rape. if you are a girl. my neighbors dad is an PO, and he said they can track their IP adress. thats how they crack down dope dealers and scamers.

Quick Reply: Shady theives and hes on honda tech