Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Seriously need some B18C1 Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously need some B18C1 Help

ok so ive searched and searchd and still nothing. ok so i wanna drop a B18C1 Gsr Engine onto my 96 civic dx coupe. i wanna know if anyone out there has done the same mods. i would like to know what kind of mounts i need, what kind of axles do i need to get and troubles can i expect??? Thanks guys i would really appriciate it!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (LwdJdmR)

Nope, no one's put a gsr in a civic Ever, And I'm not surprised you didn't find anything on this site about gsr engines or civics.

» Search Results

Your search for gsr civic returned 878 results.

» Search Results

Your search for b18c1 civic returned 465 results.

» Search Results

Your search for swap civic returned 876 results.

» Search Results

Your search for b18c1 swap civic returned 911 results.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (ek forever guy)

I bet in the time it took you to look up those 4 searches you couldve A. Linked him to something more useful or B. Provided him with some kind of first hand information.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (EM100Si)

Here is the best link he'll ever need:

https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch

But yeah you will definately pioneer the gsr swap into a ek civic so make sure to take notes and lots of pictures so the rest of us can follow.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (EM100Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM100Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bet in the time it took you to look up those 4 searches you couldve A. Linked him to something more useful or B. Provided him with some kind of first hand information.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I basically said the same thing sauceja said.

I bet in the time it took him to make this thread he could have search for it himself had he read the stickies at the top of the thread.

I also failed to see the part of the thread were you were so helpful.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I basically said the same thing sauceja said.

I bet in the time it took him to make this thread he could have search for it himself had he read the stickies at the top of the thread.

I also failed to see the part of the thread were you were so helpful.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

im tired of u ur reminding me more and more of syndacte
Old 05-04-2007, 08:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (hatch96y7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatch96y7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

im tired of u ur reminding me more and more of syndacte</TD></TR></TABLE>

Another helpful member of this forum.

&lt; Sarcastic *****.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how did any of that answer the question asked? Yes it has been done, many times. I have not done it so I can't help you out, but good luck!
later
Old 05-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (hall97civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hall97civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did any of that answer the question asked? Yes it has been done, many times. I have not done it so I can't help you out, but good luck!
later</TD></TR></TABLE>

The point of the responses were that it had been done before, many times, and in many vehicles.

B18c1 swaps aren't anything new. Unless i'm mistaken and it's 1993.

Point being, my post was a clear description of what a search would have netted him. About 200+ hours of reading all about b18c1 stuff.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (sauceja)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sauceja &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
https://honda-tech.com/zerosearch
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BLAH, ive tried a couple of serches on B18c1 and i do get SOME results but its all people selling their parts or complete engine. ANyONE WHO ACTALLY HAS A 94-00 GSR engine, CAN YOU HELP ME OUT. like give me LIL info you know. thanks guys for tryin to help and thank you for all the future help!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude the info is out there if you look for it.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/h...p.php

Only difference is that you need the SI driver side engine bracket. Everything else is exactly the same.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 AM

i looked all over honda-tech...and i found all the info i need to put my 95 gsr into my 96 civic...im not new to swaps i dun a few in ef's and eg's but this is my first ek...and in about 20-30 minutes of research on here i found out step by step info how to do everyting....from installing the motor down to the wiring....so juss open your eyes guy....and don't look for the quick and easy way...not everything in life is handed down to you on a silver platter
Old 05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need the different axles, you can use your stock mounts, except the rear bracket has to change.

Also your wiring, depends do you have a vtec motor in your car now? if so you will already have a lot of it done. cause there is a differnce in wiring for a 96-00 obd2a-obd2b so you have to figure that out.

you can use the a 99-00 civic si axles, wiring,halfshaft, dizzy, rear bracket....or a 94-00 integra, rear bracket, halfshaft, axles,

tell us what you have..... motor, new one and old setup, what year is the new motor you are putting in? obd1 plugs or obd2 .....
Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres a giant FAQ at the top of this forum, you should READ IT.

i'm tired of the stupid question apologists, this guy obviously hasn't searched or read the faq, wtf.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (4gencivicef9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxhybrid. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not everything in life is handed down to you on a silver platter </TD></TR></TABLE>
well i dont expect everything to be handed to me. i just need a bit help here and there. im not expect one person to give me everything the know. i will appreciate any kind of information i recieve and i've tired looking trust me. maybe i just dont know how to use the serach engine corectly.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4gencivicef9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need the different axles, you can use your stock mounts, except the rear bracket has to change.

Also your wiring, depends do you have a vtec motor in your car now? if so you will already have a lot of it done. cause there is a differnce in wiring for a 96-00 obd2a-obd2b so you have to figure that out.

you can use the a 99-00 civic si axles, wiring,halfshaft, dizzy, rear bracket....or a 94-00 integra, rear bracket, halfshaft, axles,

tell us what you have..... motor, new one and old setup, what year is the new motor you are putting in? obd1 plugs or obd2 ..... </TD></TR></TABLE> well i have a 96 civic DX non-v-tech engine with obd2 plugs. and thanks bro for the info.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seriously need some B18C1 Help (Luserkid)

GOOD SITE......

step by step....but there is still alot I dont understand..

one they used the stock d series axles, which a b series has a half shaft. two the rear bracket has to be changed. Yes the if you have a 96-00 you have to get the 99 si mount bracket for the driver side. also the stock linkage would not work with the b series.. also the d series has a different fuel rail which the b series you will have to change...

The site is great..... love it just alittle lost on some of the stuff
Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok well one you have to wire up vtec and you will have to get a p28, p72, ecu...

also how you will find one of those ecus...there will be a a white sticker one the side of the ecu telling you what it is 000-p28-00 the middle number is what you our looking for.....now if you do not know anything about wiring or anything about the ECU.....GO to RYWIRE.com they are great and affordable...they giive you instructions on what to do what they send the harness back...I never had a problem..

now for the other motor what do you have what plugs our on the motor..make sure you have a dizzy, intake manni, exhaust manni, hydro tranny,half shaft, take a look at luser website he put up it will give you a good base...of what you will have to do...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMN BRO THANKS A FU**IN LOT! you helped soooo much.

well this is my small project that imma start up within 3 months i hope. but knowing all this info now will give me a good start and knowledge of things and problems that i might comeby when i get my engine.

OUT WITH MY D16y7 In with the new (GSR)
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM

I find it so funny that there is a full page of bullshit about swapping a GSR engine into a 6th gen, when if LWD who doesn't have JDMR **** could have saved so much time just reading the first stickied FAQ.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/878010

What a complete waste of bandwidth.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Link in the sig.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ag-Eng &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What a complete waste of bandwidth.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, then there's that.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
orb
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hooray for drama.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (orb)

ill take your motor
Old 05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mikes2000civicsi)

damn seriously if you guys dont have anything good to input to this thread just STOP WASTING YOUR TIME MAN!
Old 05-09-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (LwdJdmR)

im in the middle of the same swap into an ek hatch

heres what i had to buy after i got the motor

99-00 si power steering pump (if your keeping power steering)

you also have to change the drivers side mount bracket, the one with the 2 studs that bolt up to the mount. you have to get the bracket off a 99-00 si OR you can use the bracket from a 90-93 integra. im pretty sure you have to do this no matter what mount kit you buy for an ek, i bought my mount kit from kteller.com for $350. there pretty nice looking mounts, feel stiff.

you have to get a b-series throttle cable

i got integra axles

make sure the half shaft bearing is still good, if not get a new half shaft

if you have the motor out make sure you get it leak down tested. if the valves leak send the head out, shouldnt cost too much unless you need to start replacing a bunch of valves

do the clutch and flywheel while the trannys out. change both axles seals too

im using a 99-00 si wire harness with a chipped p28 ,i had to buy an obd2B to obd1 conversion. you can use your factory harness if you dont want to spend the money on a vtec harness but then you will need to wire the vtec (2 wires). and if you use your stock harness and want to convert to obd1 you need an obd2a to obd1 harness, the plugs are different from obd2a and obd2b

you should get a gsr walbro fuel pump

change all the belts, water pump etc while the motors out.

there probly more, youll just keep running into things while your doing it

Quick Reply: Seriously need some B18C1 Help