Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SERIOUS problems with car. Cant piece it all together (help, please)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERIOUS problems with car. Cant piece it all together (help, please)

been having a lot of trouble with my car lately, and its vital that I fix it because like anyone else, i have to work and this is my only car.

this is an old post from yesterday, but nobody read it so im starting over as the situation has changed, but this may be a factor:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daklown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The other day i went out to start my car and...nothing. I replaced the battery and it ran fine, of course. However, I suspected the alternator because noticed that my voltmeter jumps a little every now and then. Anyways, i started to remove the alt, and unplugged the bigass green plug on teh side, then figured i had better get to autozone and have them test it. I hooked the batt up and fired up the car, and halfway down the road noticed that the car wont rev past 3500. I remembered the green plug, and went home and plugged it in. Same problem, wont rev past 3500. Double checked it like 235253 times with teh same results.

also, its a obd1 D16z6 with b16 ECU (has run fine for over a year with that computer, so i know thats not the problem)

any ideas ? i cant exactly get it to autozone to test the alt.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I went to pull the code a few minutes ago, and the only CEL im getting is 4...Crank Position. The car smells like gas now (hood is popped, but that shouldnt matter) and not only does it peg out at 3500 RPM in all gears, when i mash the gas, it sputters a little in the 2000-2500 rpm range. Could this be timing ? I dont exactly know what Crank Position code would mean, other than maybe things arent lining up down there. This car is a DD and it really is a POS and i dont want to spend a lot of money on it, its not worth more than 2k, but its value as far as getting me places and not be ing out of this world gay warrants keeping it until i can get a 240SX, and since i make 200 a week and im in college, thats not happening (not working during school)

any ideas ? Its a D16z6 obd1 motor.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:55 AM

Default Re: SERIOUS problems with car. Cant piece it all together (daklown)

reset the ecu? check the timing? check the spark plugs?
Old 05-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

ECU is reset

same results, same code.

gonna check spark plugs after work, and timing, but i seriously dont think thats it.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Dat Dere Cell Tech

my real question really is...what would make the crank sensor light come on, and...where is the sensor located ?

I believe the car is in limp mode because of the sensor maybe being broken or unplugged. I dont know how it got that way, but you never know, id just like to check it out. Theres absolutely no reason for my timing to be randomly off or anything like that, so id like to check the more obvious things first.