Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

securing you ecu idea

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default securing you ecu idea

After seeing THIS thread I thought of this idea, you have to zoom in on the picture for some reason. I drew this up in mspaint and took a screen shot

save the pic and then zoom in on it. but anyway, teh general Idea is to lock the ecu down with brackets and locks. it could potentially save people who has aftermarket ecu's like aem ems.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Re: securing you ecu idea (Boostage)

It's a good idea for a daily driven car. But for a race car there wouldn't be a purpose, unless of coarse you park your race car outside somewhere, where it could be broken into.

But for the daily driven vehicles I have seen with exposed ECU's I would most definately say it's a good idea, and shouldn't be too expensive either, just take's some fab work.

Or you could even make a full on box for the ECU to sit in, as a "house" for the ECU. Get a lock, and key and weld it to the chassis. A little much I know, but it's a thought.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: securing you ecu idea (KlawzOfDeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KlawzOfDeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Or you could even make a full on box for the ECU to sit in, as a "house" for the ECU. Get a lock, and key and weld it to the chassis. A little much I know, but it's a thought. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I like your idea as well
Old 10-14-2004, 06:08 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: securing you ecu idea (Boostage)

Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: securing you ecu idea (yanta)

Or you could just leave the ECU bolted to the factory position. Very few thieves of the "smash and grab" variety are going to actually take the time to unbolt your ecu. Otherwise just take it with you if you feel the need to leave it out.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:20 PM

it doesnt matter cuz all of our ecus dont have immoblizer
Old 10-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (letmeseeyouskip)

So is this reffering to bolting in your ecu in the stock location? Why not just put the kickpanel over it so its not exposed?
Old 10-14-2004, 08:00 PM

Default Re: (green00EX)

Think about it though, from 2 different views.....

#1 Honda thief- The honda theif would know exactly where it would be located, behind the passenger side kick panel, would know exactly how many bolts and what size bolts. Would also know exactly how to remove the harness or to even just cut the harness. Thus using the ECU for his or her own pleasure, or knowing what it is worth and sell for some money.

#2 Normal Car Thief- They smash, (if exposed) they see ECU, may or may not have tools of removing the bolts, ECU=$$$$ to the unknowing thief, and figures it is worth alot of cash, thus cutting wires off with the ECU. I know this would be different if the kick panel was on it, but I would have to say about %95 of thief's know hondas some-what well enough to steal it properly, if they at least "THINK". But then that would cancel out that theory since, they aren't thinking too much if they are breaking into a car.

Just thought's, ideas. I rather have extra protection then have little to none at all, and keep my investment of my car in 1 piece, rather than parts needing to be replaced.