Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

secondary o2 sensor

Old 04-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default secondary o2 sensor

well, i bought my 4th ek this time a 96 midori hatch with a ls swap. bought it from a honda-tech member. anyways, when i bought it, the previous owner had moved the bulb to the check engine light, so i didn't know there was one.

i have a few extra SI clusters, so i wanted to test them before i sold them. I test one and it immediately throw's a CEL. kind of weird i thought, so i tried another cluster and a CEL again. threw the old cluster back on and no CEL. checked the cluster, bulb is gone.

SO...i contacted the previous owner, he said it was a CEL for vtec and he forgot to tell me. no real big deal, but i thought "how can an ls motor and ls ecu throw a vtec code?" he said because of the si wiring harness, it was making the ecu look for vtec? so i kind of find that hard to believe. lol

finally, yesterday i get around to wanting to change the oil. the drain plug is not the OEM one, it's some odd bolt which is 13mm (which i couldn't get off. lol)...but since i had the car jacked up, i noticed the cat secondary o2 sensor was disconnected. i moved up and i couldn't find where it could be plug'd up to. so here's my questions, ¿what does the secondary o2 sensor plug to, is it the engine wiring harness or the chassis wiring harness?

previous owner rewired the entire car. the dash is a 99-00 si harness, he added power windows, power door locks and etc. the engine harness i think is a si one too. there's a lot of plugs that are not plug'd in right now. i noticed all of them a while after when i started to really look under the hood. sucks cause there's a lot of wiring

i have not checked the code yet because i don't have a code reader. i'm probably gonna try to go to honda this weekend and get the pgm tester (i use to work there and the mananger is pretty cool to check codes for me).

TIA
Old 04-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uh...so what? no one knows? wtf?