Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER?

Old 05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER?

So, Today I visited an old friend I haven't seen in a couple months. Had a little cook out in his back yard and chilled for awhile. His sister stops by and then leaves and about 2 hours later I get ready to leave, and when I get to my car, what do I see? a dent the size of a basket ball in my front bumper.

Kinda knew it was his sister since she just bought a 96 Audi A4.. and it's this copper color. Well we look at the dent and its got some rub off from her car on it.... my buddy calls her up and asks her if she hit my car... she deny's it and says that she didn't. My friend gets pissed at her and knows it was her since we had evidence. she pulls over (on the phone) and says there is nothing wrong with her car. Well he calls his father and tells him about the situation. We get a return phone call from his father after talking with her, telling us that there were scratches ( that she admitted to her father, just not us) and that he would pay for the damages. Finally a couple hours later, after she finally returns to my friends house. She looks at the car with WIDE eyes and realizes she couldn't drive a ******* go cart in a mall parking lot without hitting something. To tell you the truth I'm not even mad. I was at first since I didn't know who did it, and though it was a hit and run... funny eh? I was gunna get it repainted anyways, haha.

Cliffs:
Visit friends house
Sister comes home and hits my car ( deny's doing it at first, then admits after speaking with pissed off dad)
All getting paid for... So I don't really care... Time for a new lip and a fresh paint job on my front bumper

So anyways, long story short. Where would be a good place to get a replacement OEM bumper for a 99 Civic Si? I was thinking about http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com but I don't know anyone that had purchased anything from them.

Oh and how much do you think It would cost to get the front bumper/Lip painted? Since it's Saturday night, I won't be able to get to the auto body shop to get a quote... just looking for some estimates

Thanks,
Brian.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:25 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://SLhondaparts.com
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

Old 05-08-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (Irishweird00)

The lips come painted
I think if you go to honda and ask you can get the bumper pre painted as well. So it will be a complete bolt on job and no hassles with body shops. Something you may want to look into to retain oem paint quality too.
Old 05-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (_BEN_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _BEN_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The lips come painted
I think if you go to honda and ask you can get the bumper pre painted as well. So it will be a complete bolt on job and no hassles with body shops. Something you may want to look into to retain oem paint quality too. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, but you also have to take into consideration that paint fades. I'd take it to a bodyshop and have it color matched.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (_BEN_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by _BEN_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think if you go to honda and ask you can get the bumper pre painted as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? I've never heard of that one. Can somebody confirm or reject this statement? Body shops are expensive, so a pre-painted one will certainly be cheaper.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (EricUSC)

That sucks. At least you don't have to pay for the damages.

Is your friend's sister hot?
Old 05-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (00MRSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00MRSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That sucks. At least you don't have to pay for the damages.

Is your friend's sister hot? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha... I think shes the exact opposite of hot... Prolly why it's so easy for me to take her money
Old 05-08-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (Happyman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Happyman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yea, but you also have to take into consideration that paint fades. I'd take it to a bodyshop and have it color matched.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would it fade? would it be a half *** job from honda?

PS: what lip do you guys think I should get? I was thinking a Mugen Style since it's all getting painted anyway
Old 05-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (Irishweird00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Irishweird00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why would it fade? would it be a half *** job from honda?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Paint does fade over time. Just ask BauleyCivic. He'll tell you.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: Second ACCIDENT of my cars 1yr anniversary. where to get NEW BUMPER? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Paint does fade over time. Just ask BauleyCivic. He'll tell you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh ok, I understand what your saying... as far as color matching goes... it would be better to have it color matched cuz the car would be a different color... than buying a new bumper pre-painted and the color would be off.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought a bumper from hap
shipping was too much and they wrapped it too tightly and it got warped (bent top to bottom). After a few weeks of being installed it kinda fixed itself..but not 100%

They do not come pre-anything. No paint, no primer. Bare
Old 05-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

how much did shipping cost you? I need a front and rear bumper....

I hit my rear bumper a long time ago.. and I better do it now while im getting everything else done.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:24 AM
Banned

Default Re: (Irishweird00)

does anyone know how much the EBP paint costs?