Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats

I'm looking into buying some different seats for my 99 Si coupe, the Si seats suck, they sit too high and aren't comfortable after long driving. I was debating over either the USDM Type-R Seats or the Del sol Seats. Which would you guys rather have? i know usdm might cost a bit more but looks nice, nonetheless the delsols hold you in more tightly then the Type-R seats. But overall which seat would you guys pick? and state your reasons?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (4DoorGeezer)

sols.. ive had mine for 8 years now. love em
Old 01-30-2004, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (PhreeStyleHB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhreeStyleHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sols.. ive had mine for 8 years now. love em </TD></TR></TABLE>

But why?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (4DoorGeezer)

Type ARRRRRRRRRR. They just look better.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

both are spectacular!!!
Old 01-30-2004, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (King Tut33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Type ARRRRRRRRRR. They just look better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea they do, but what else?
Old 01-30-2004, 05:29 PM

can anyone else give their opinions and reasons, tough decision for me to decide
Old 01-30-2004, 05:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4DoorGeezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea they do, but what else?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are rarer???
Old 01-30-2004, 05:35 PM

ive sat in both and i would pick the type-r seats.

the del sols make u feel like a midget, cuz they sit lower...and the type-r's just look better
Old 01-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just feel so snug and comfortable.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (PhreeStyleHB)

type-R seats it is.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">both are spectacular!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's kind of hard to say one is better than the other.
i have del sols, but i've only had them since christmas. i love mine, and i've been in a few type-r's and loved the feel.

if this was a poll, i would vote, whichever good pair you can get at the cheapest price.

type-r seats will probably be sold at a high price because they are "R" seats
del sols are expensive as hell on ebay, but i got lucky and someone else had bad luck and my friend's neighbor got his del sol bashed in and sold me his seats for cheap, at least cheaper than ebay...

good luck
Old 01-30-2004, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (Jswpstdoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it's kind of hard to say one is better than the other.
i have del sols, but i've only had them since christmas. i love mine, and i've been in a few type-r's and loved the feel.

if this was a poll, i would vote, whichever good pair you can get at the cheapest price.

type-r seats will probably be sold at a high price because they are "R" seats
del sols are expensive as hell on ebay, but i got lucky and someone else had bad luck and my friend's neighbor got his del sol bashed in and sold me his seats for cheap, at least cheaper than ebay...

good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i know it's pretty tough choice to make on both seats... i just want to make sure if the type-R's are worth the money
Old 01-30-2004, 06:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4DoorGeezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yea, i know it's pretty tough choice to make on both seats... i just want to make sure if the type-R's are worth the money</TD></TR></TABLE>

i wouldn't pay more than $250 for either....unless they were immaculate.... my del sols were $100 + my stock ek seats... and they still needed a good cleaning... after a little simple green... it was well worth the money
Old 01-30-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (Jswpstdoff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i wouldn't pay more than $250 for either....unless they were immaculate.... my del sols were $100 + my stock ek seats... and they still needed a good cleaning... after a little simple green... it was well worth the money</TD></TR></TABLE>

does the Del sol seats bolt right on to the EK chassis?
Old 01-30-2004, 06:14 PM

nope i had to swap the rails....

mine on his and his on mine... bloody knuckles all the way
Old 01-30-2004, 06:14 PM

type r is the way to go
Old 01-30-2004, 06:16 PM

the finished product. the grey stripe matches perfectly with the interior

Old 01-30-2004, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (silver ek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by silver ek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">type r is the way to go </TD></TR></TABLE>

because?
Old 01-30-2004, 06:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jswpstdoff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the finished product. the grey stripe matches perfectly with the interior

</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn that matches your silver EK pretty well
Old 01-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had both of those seats and i must say the R seats are much better, they look better and they fell better and it dosn't sit supa stunna low y0!
Old 01-30-2004, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats (99blackcivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99blackcivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have had both of those seats and i must say the R seats are much better, they look better and they fell better and it dosn't sit supa stunna low y0!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, yea i thought they might sit too low i'm only like 5'7-5'8 don't want it to be too low...
Old 01-30-2004, 06:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4DoorGeezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn that matches your silver EK</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn those pictures sure are misleading

my car is Clover Green Pearl

edit: look by the seat belts
Old 01-30-2004, 06:31 PM

damn those pictures sure are misleading

my car is Clover Green Pearl</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahaah,oops
Old 01-30-2004, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it makes anyone feel any better, in 1997, the only cars on the market that actually met the US highway safety standards were the Honda del Sol and some crazy BMW.

Not even the R met the highway safety standards for neck, head, or lumbar support.

Quick Reply: Which Seat would you guys choose? Del Sol vs. USDM Type-R seats