Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Seat height on these seats in an EG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat height on these seats in an EG?

My question is regarding seat height once they're mounted. My car is going to have a full cage and I'm going to have to wear a helmet. If these would sit any higher than a stock seat, they probably won't do the trick. I like the seats and I've found a good deal on them, I just don't want to risk them sitting too high in the car. I have Del Sol seats in it right now. My other option (and a cheaper option at that) is a set of black S2000 seats which I know sit lower than stock once mounted. They're going into an EG hatch.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seat height on these seats in an EG? (Flite)

they shound sit pretty similar to the eg seats if you have the oem itr seat rails
Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seat height on these seats in an EG? (Rikaro)

GSR(blk leather) seats are amazing on ride height. I have em in my coupe and my bro had some in his eg. They also looked amazing in his hatch. They sit you real low, and a plus you do not have to fabricate ****. Direct bolt in.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Seat height on these seats in an EG? (Flite)

I saw these on ForumsHawaii. I had a red DC5 pair with OEM DC2 rails in my hatch and they sat way high. Higher than stock, much higher than my Del Sols. With these seats, I had to reach too far foward and down to shift. It was uncomfortable.

Not bad for $1000. I'd pick them up for the price, but wouldn't match anything.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 AM

^^^ that was my concern.

And not for comfort. The car is getting a full cage and going to be worn only with a helmet. If they sit higher than stock seats, my helmet will hit the cage.

The price is right though and blue is what I wanted to find (I'm doing a wht/blu thing instead of the normal wht/red) Does Recaro or anybody else make a rail for these seats that mount it lower?

::your car looks a lot like mine::
Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Flite)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Flite &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ that was my concern.

And not for comfort. The car is getting a full cage and going to be worn only with a helmet. If they sit higher than stock seats, my helmet will hit the cage.

The price is right though and blue is what I wanted to find (I'm doing a wht/blu thing instead of the normal wht/red) Does Recaro or anybody else make a rail for these seats that mount it lower?

::your car looks a lot like mine::</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vision makes one-touch sliders that supposedly drops the height. I don't know how much they compare to OEM rails. JHPUSA.com sells them.