Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

(Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices?

hello plps

Search for awhile and tired of reading bs.

when i try to start my car no matter how long i crank it, it will never start the first try. but the 2nd try it will always start. why is this? i don't like having to turn over the car twice b4 i can start it. pisses me off.

Also, one of my blue bulbs in my 00 civic just went out. and trying to find out which bulbs i should buy. no ricer crap. don't care what color i just wanna see well at night. im half blind so night time driving requires a lot of effort for me. a good light would make things easier.

thanks for any input.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (THC07)

no idea about the start, but for bulbs, i've had good experiance with Silvania Silverstars.
they're really bright white and i've gotten a few of my friends who only buy oem parts to pick em up because of how nice they work so for silverstars
Old 12-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Darth ModerVader

Philips Vision Plus, or you can try the newly released Philips X-treme Power, both available from http://autolamps-online.com

As for the starting issue, I'm honestly not certain. Is it up to date on all maintenance?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (Padawan)

Ive heard that the silver... don't last more then 850 hrs????
don't know if this is true.
what kind of bulb should i be looking for?
H4 HID 9003
any input on what "hyper light" means?

the car is all maintained, just did a h22 swap and replaced a whole lota ****.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive heard that the silver... don't last more then 850 hrs????
don't know if this is true.
what kind of bulb should i be looking for?
H4 HID 9003
any input on what "hyper light" means?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The SilverStars most people refer to (Sylvania) are not very good. They're coated, and many people find that they burn out quickly.

You want a 9003/H4 bulb for your car - nothing with "HID" in the description.

"Hyper light" or "hyper white" etc., are terms used to describe coated bulbs that are intended to give a bluish/white appearance to simulate HID lighting. The coating reduces light output and the bluish colour of the light is not ideal for driving. Basically, you don't want them. I'd suggest sticking with the ones I named above.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ithe car is all maintained, just did a h22 swap and replaced a whole lota ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Again, I can't offer much regarding the starting problem, but the fact that it's a swap does introduce another element. It initially sounds like some sort of fuel delivery issue, but it could honestly be any number of things.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Awsome thanks.

im gonna try the 80% Xtreme ones.
just placed an order. thnaks for the info, they look like great light bulbs.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Darth ModerVader

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Awsome thanks.

im gonna try the 80% Xtreme ones.
just placed an order. thnaks for the info, they look like great light bulbs.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please let me know how they work out. I am currently running the Vision Plus, since the X-treme Power had not yet been released when I bought mine. However, the information I've seen indicates that they should perform very well.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (crimsonv4mpire)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crimsonv4mpire &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no idea about the start, but for bulbs, i've had good experiance with Silvania Silverstars.
they're really bright white and i've gotten a few of my friends who only buy oem parts to pick em up because of how nice they work so for silverstars</TD></TR></TABLE>

****** A. I paid 28.99 for a set of Sylvania Silverstar (0903 I believe) at advance autoparts and I've never been happier (until I actually changed the bulb and found that either my rad support is bent...or my frame is still twisted....).

Vision wise tho, totally. I mean they're not HID's, but for 30 bucks, they're like twice as bright as my stock ones.

Totally rule.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

****** A. I paid 28.99 for a set of Sylvania Silverstar (0903 I believe) at advance autoparts and I've never been happier (until I actually changed the bulb and found that either my rad support is bent...or my frame is still twisted....).

Vision wise tho, totally. I mean they're not HID's, but for 30 bucks, they're like twice as bright as my stock ones.

Totally rule.</TD></TR></TABLE>

go hit a deer or somthing. then buy some of the Xtremes. youll see what youve been missing with your Silvas

... i dont think you can kick my ***. lol
you or your car. lol. hit me back IM this thread is toast.

Padawan

ill let you know when i get em. thanks again
Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I paid 28.99 for a set of Sylvania Silverstar (0903 I believe) at advance autoparts and I've never been happier (until I actually changed the bulb and found that either my rad support is bent...or my frame is still twisted....).

Totally rule.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sylvania rates the H4 SilverStar low beam output at 910 lumens +/- 10%, the same as their standard H4 halogen bulbs.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Padawan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sylvania rates the H4 SilverStar low beam output at 910 lumens +/- 10%, the same as their standard H4 halogen bulbs. </TD></TR></TABLE>
If this is truth...I might go ahead and jump ship...I have been using the silverstars for years now....no issues...what-so-ever....
Old 12-07-2006, 07:09 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (GTlvr82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If this is truth...I might go ahead and jump ship...I have been using the silverstars for years now....no issues...what-so-ever....</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not saying there are "issues", just that there are better options available in the same price range. Most people are only familiar with the SilverStars, but there are certainly other high-performance bulbs to choose from.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my Taurus SHO did the same thing with the start issue... it was a bad fuel filter and a leaky injector...

god the old SHO brings back so many memory's. i loved that car.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (USDMej1)

Super High Output
Old 12-08-2006, 04:51 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Padwan has said is absolutely correct. You're going to want a high-quality non-coated bulb. If you'd like to read more about lighting and the theory behind it, click the link in my sig.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THC07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello plps

Search for awhile and tired of reading bs.

when i try to start my car no matter how long i crank it, it will never start the first try. but the 2nd try it will always start. why is this? i don't like having to turn over the car twice b4 i can start it. pisses me off.

thanks for any input.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my guess is that it is loosing prime and ca't pressure the fuel system and it goes the second time around. Does it only do it when it's cold or what about if the car is warmed up then turn it on again?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Searched) 2nd try starting??? headlight bulb choices? (Kista20)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kista20 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my guess is that it is loosing prime and ca't pressure the fuel system and it goes the second time around. Does it only do it when it's cold or what about if the car is warmed up then turn it on again?</TD></TR></TABLE>

cold warm it dont matter, all the time. no matter what i do, will never start first try.
i have a new filter, and nothing is leaking fuel.

nice lighting theory