Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

search down... Apex World Sport 2 fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 05:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default search down... Apex World Sport 2 fitment question

I know that many people have problems with the fitment of the Apex World Sport 2, something about it hitting the gas tank and whatnot.. However it seems these people have had other mods to their exhaust... On a stock 2000 civic ex coupe, would I still have that issue? Also, with future mods in terms of header etc... and better cat when this one dies... is there a size I should go with? like 2.25 vs 2.5 or do I even have a choice with my current set up. If I dont have a choice, which should/can I get.

if you think that this is a waste, what other good fitment catback exhausts, and same size questions.... would you recommend to be quiet, but stainless so I dont have to replace this thing in a year like my last one.

Thank you
Old 09-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: search down... Apex World Sport 2 fitment question (CooBlueDAB)

I got the WS2 for my 96 EX coupe and it fit like a glove. No problems at all, did the install myself and only took a few minutes to get it on once I got the old exhaust off. I have never had any problems of it hitting anything. I do have stock cat and header and at the time do not have a rear sway.

Look in my CarDomain page (in sig) if you want some pics of the underside of the car with it on. I didnt have the car up alot (ramps and jackstands) so it was kinda hard to take pics. If you want more pics of a certain spot lemme know and I can take some.

Mine is 60mm piping. Not sure if thats the only size but its prob the best size unless your going turbo.

And if you dont like this check out the RS*R Ex-Mag. Its a little more expensive but also very quiet and nice.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:35 AM

Default Re: search down... Apex World Sport 2 fitment question (Slow EJ8)

thank you, and those pics tell of the low hang I heard about, it is no worse than stock, in either case, is there any difference between a 96, and a 2000 chasis/body besides the bumper?
Old 09-17-2005, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thank you, and those pics tell of the low hang I heard about, it is no worse than stock, in either case, is there any difference between a 96, and a 2000 chasis/body besides the bumper? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont believe so but Im not sure. Hopefully someone else can confirm. I think its the same part number for the exhaust for 92-00 EX as shown here

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1217440

Old 09-17-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: search down... Apex World Sport 2 fitment question (Slow EJ8)

it should be, but if the chasis are different, it would explain why some people had problems, though I really think it was because their piping was a different length from a cat or downpipe etc....
Old 09-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CooBlueDAB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it should be, but if the chasis are different, it would explain why some people had problems, though I really think it was because their piping was a different length from a cat or downpipe etc....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea it should fit fine with stock cat/header but when you go aftermarket (if you ever do) then you might have to improvise some to make it all work. I would think an aftermarket header wouldnt cause the problem but rather a cat that might not be the exact same length as stock.