Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

seafoam fcked up my engine???

Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seafoam fcked up my engine???

after i seafoamed my stock cx, it started sounding more agressive for the stock engine. it sounds like i have an exhaust now for some reason.

the problem is im getting 200miles per tank.

i changed the oil after using the seafoam and i put it through the brake booster, oil, and gas tank.

i just bought new ngk plugs and will be installing it sometime this week.

do you guys think this will fix my problem???
Old 09-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: seafoam fcked up my engine??? (slitfill)

Hard to say.

Might of fucked up an O2 from all the carbon? Not sure

But I would definatly change the plugs it may have alot of carbon build up on it.

You sure it was the seafoam that fucked it up?...maybe it was something else

Also check your cat/
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: seafoam fcked up my engine??? (SkAnK_aSS_BRyAn)

yeah, im thinking about the cat also. all that damn carbon probably ended up in there.

how much does a used cx cat usually go for in HT?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 PM

what's seafoam?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:44 PM

definitely check the cat and make sure it's not clogged...Are you getting any check lights?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: (4drmadness)

no check lights
Old 09-21-2005, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (slitfill)

well i used it two times and heres what happen to my eg sedan
and my crx!!! both are healthy now

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=963026
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1327044
Old 09-21-2005, 05:33 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slitfill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after i seafoamed my stock cx, it started sounding more agressive for the stock engine. it sounds like i have an exhaust now for some reason.

the problem is im getting 200miles per tank.

i changed the oil after using the seafoam and i put it through the brake booster, oil, and gas tank.

i just bought new ngk plugs and will be installing it sometime this week.

do you guys think this will fix my problem???</TD></TR></TABLE>Right after I seafoamed my cx, I changed the plugs, oil and wires. each got 1/3 of the can
Old 09-21-2005, 05:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slitfill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, im thinking about the cat also. all that damn carbon probably ended up in there.

how much does a used cx cat usually go for in HT?</TD></TR></TABLE>

In HT?

I need a new cat too. If anyone knows where I should get one, plz help
Old 09-21-2005, 06:16 PM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: seafoam fcked up my engine??? (mike-94eg)

yeah, check in the e-bay section
Old 09-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how many miles on the engine?...if might have opened rust leaks...that carbon was covering / clogging? never know...i used it and it worked great...engines alot better
Old 09-21-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: (Hyjnx)

I found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...21750

I was going to get a 2" one, since I have stock cat back.. and a 4-2-1 header.

stock motor.. should I just get their regular cat??
Old 09-22-2005, 01:46 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

seaform in your brake booster? easy way to loose the brakes.

If you use the line to the intake, easy way to hydrolock your motor.

Used in the gas tank on a gummed up motor, easy way for carbon off the pistons to jam a valve open.

All three left a car stranded.

Learn to care for your car and seafoam is not needed.

120k Z6 that had regular oil changes..........

Old 09-22-2005, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mista Bone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seaform in your brake booster? easy way to loose the brakes.

Used in the gas tank on a gummed up motor, easy way for carbon off the pistons to jam a valve open.

Learn to care for your car and seafoam is not needed.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn thats clean!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: (hondasport2000)

Ya, it's clean but still incorrect about seafoam. Yes it can remove carbon build up on your pistons that help keep a seal on an older engine but it will not hydro lock your car. I used this on my car and it made the engine feel brand new, best 5 dollars I spent on my car.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (BrianDelSol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BrianDelSol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya, it's clean but still incorrect about seafoam. Yes it can remove carbon build up on your pistons that help keep a seal on an older engine but it will not hydro lock your car. I used this on my car and it made the engine feel brand new, best 5 dollars I spent on my car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. I've used it twice on my motor, and its good stuff. I wouldn't use it on a high mileage motor though. Although best $5 I spent on my car would be Marvel's Mystery Oil .
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: (IHateJDM)

i think its a fact that seafoam eats exhaust. thi is the second person this happen too!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seaform in your brake booster? easy way to loose the brakes.

Learn to care for your car and seafoam is not needed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How can you lose the brakes by feeding seafoam into your brake booster line? This is how everyone does it and I have never heard of anyone losing their brakes...

I have also never heard of seafoam causing head damage or "jamming a valve open".

There have been hundreds of people on here that have used Seafoam with excellent results.

Oh, and sure, regular maintinence is the best for an engine, everyone knows that. But, how many of us are the original owners of our vehicles? Who knows if the previous owners took good care of the engine or not?

Old 09-22-2005, 08:12 AM

ive heard nothing but good things and bad things about this stuff, i still want 2 try it keeping my fingers crossed i dont think i will be putting it in my oil
Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 AM
Banned

Default Re: (BrianDelSol)

Modified by CardDealer at 4:31 PM 11/16/2006
Old 09-22-2005, 08:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mista Bone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

for having regular oil changes, that oil sure looks pretty black
Old 09-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatchish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchish &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive heard nothing but good things and bad things about this stuff, i still want 2 try it keeping my fingers crossed i dont think i will be putting it in my oil </TD></TR></TABLE>
i'm thinking about using it to.. but my engine has 130,000 miles... do you guys think that it's to many miles for this stuff... I don't wanna loose the seal in the chambers and get a lower compression....
Old 09-22-2005, 08:35 AM

Default Re: (Split Image Prez)

i think people with older engine's and engines with more miles have better luck, when my friend use's it he lets the brake booster line sip the seafoam slowly and then after he does that he lets it sit for 5 mins and then goes and drives it for awhile, IMHO i would never put it in my oil maybe my gas, but never oil.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hatchish)

I've personally used it on 5 cars with excellent results every time.

I slowly pour about 1/3 of the bottle into the brake booster line, slowly feeding it in and using the vacuum to suck a little at a time. If the engine starts bogging down I stop pouring and let it come back up. I repeat this without letting the engine die.

Then I turn it off, and pour another 1/3 into the valve cover and 1/3 into the gas tank. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then take it for a spirited drive for about 5-10 minutes. Then I drive home and change the oil and spark plugs.

You just have to use common sense. Change your oil right away, I wouldn't let the seafoam sit in there for too long. And you won't hydrolock your engine if you feed it in slowly and stop when it bogs down. Just be smart about it and it will work.

Every car I've used it on has had increased acceleration, a smoother idle, and increased gas milage (only 1-3mpg but any increase is good right?).

I guess with every product like this there will be those who oppose it which is fine. But I personally really like the stuff and I don't have anything but good things to say about it.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (EJ1 wilcox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ1 wilcox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've personally used it on 5 cars with excellent results every time.

I slowly pour about 1/3 of the bottle into the brake booster line, slowly feeding it in and using the vacuum to suck a little at a time. If the engine starts bogging down I stop pouring and let it come back up. I repeat this without letting the engine die.

Then I turn it off, and pour another 1/3 into the valve cover and 1/3 into the gas tank. I let it sit for about 10 minutes and then take it for a spirited drive for about 5-10 minutes. Then I drive home and change the oil and spark plugs.

You just have to use common sense. Change your oil right away, I wouldn't let the seafoam sit in there for too long. And you won't hydrolock your engine if you feed it in slowly and stop when it bogs down. Just be smart about it and it will work.

Every car I've used it on has had increased acceleration, a smoother idle, and increased gas milage (only 1-3mpg but any increase is good right?).

I guess with every product like this there will be those who oppose it which is fine. But I personally really like the stuff and I don't have anything but good things to say about it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well i have read alot about seafoaming and it seems pretty diffucult to me and im scred to try it out....where is the brak booster line?? is it the master cylinder??..or is there anyone out htere that can do the sea foam for me?? i live in MN...help anyone??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: seafoam fcked up my engine???