Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2003, 03:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide.

This is the official vote on whether or not we will allow users to post non-tech related pictures of their cars topics.

I will not say what I really think about this topic because I am one person and my opinion doesn't matter so much because it's everyone's forum.

Let me say this:

If the chioce is made for "Yes Pics Topics are Okay" then there will be a once per 3 months limit, and I will check. This means you get one topic with pics of your Civic or Del Sol every three months. I can simply check the topics created by the users and dock points and delete threads accordingly.

There will be some exceptions, like if a member buys a new Civic or Del Sol and posts pics asking if they got a good deal, etc.

If the chioce ends up being "no" then I will lock this **** down tighter than you can imagine. Threads without technical information DIRECTLY RELATED to the pictures posted will result in 2% lost and the topic deleted.

This means no more "look at my car" threads and simply adding some random technical tidbit of info to try and legitimize it - I am guilty of this in the past, but at least mine completely outlined how to swap disc brakes and how to wire up both JDM and USDM Type R swaps into the 1992-1995 Civics. ...but even that will not be allowed once this rule is set in stone.

If you post up a tech thread with pics you will not be allowed to throw in any full shots of the car unless it is to show some sort of sus work - this means no "strut bar install" pics with 5 different shots of the whole car, etc.

It is YOUR forum guys, so don't mess around with this. This will be the final say in whether we have any sort of discussions about members' Civics and Del Sols in here.

Old 03-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (B18C5-EH2)

1 every 3 months should be good
Old 03-08-2003, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Peagreenhatch)

Old 03-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Peagreenhatch)

Old 03-08-2003, 03:31 PM

Ding ding.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (stevecockrill)

Ding ding.
Sounds like a good idea..But what if someone purchased a new product for instance a new exhaust..What if they posted where they got it and what they payed and how they feel about the outcome...Are they allowed to post pictures of it and the car with it installed?

Old 03-08-2003, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Si.Hatch.92)

sounds like a good idea and I support you (Tom) 100% in making changes on this board...

Old 03-08-2003, 03:40 PM
Future Texas Boy

...except for Newbies. I wouldn`t give them the priveledge until they have 200-300 posts.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Cav

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (vtecvoodoo)

...except for Newbies. I wouldn`t give them the priveledge until they have 200-300 posts.
i think that rule is highy stupid. what about the "newbie" people on here who own their own shops and have been swapping engines for longer then most people on this board have been driving for

i like honda-tech but i think its very ignorant on how alot of people tend to pick on "newbies" cause their new to this message board.

my opions on this might bring up some beef so if it does mods please edit my post, since I AM NOT HERE to start fights or pick on newbies

p.s. POST COUNT MEANS NOTHING!!! unless you accutlay post somthing useful and not crap like "in before the lock" or "go away troll" ect...

Old 03-08-2003, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Cav)

Cav here has some good points.

How can you keep track of someone posting one picture
in a three month span?
Old 03-08-2003, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Cav)

once every three months is kool
Old 03-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Future Texas Boy

what about the "newbie" people on here who own their own shops and have been swapping engines for longer then most people on this board have been driving for
So? Posting pics and giving good technical information have nothing to do w/ eachother. Let them prove themselves. I know plenty of people that have owned shops or worked at them who don`t know ****. You think the monkeys behind the counter are geniuses? Btw, if somebody has the motivation and intelect to open their and own shop, and succeed, I doubt they wold be dumb enough to post "Hey, I`m new, look at my car" on their first post like the typical newbies LOVE to do. Also, they typically don`t have anything to prove if they have been in the game long enough.

[Modified by vtecvoodoo, 4:54 PM 3/8/2003]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Eee Pee)

i psersonally voted "yes" because the EG/del sol forum is the only forum i surf.... but on the other hand i see alot of useless threads that doesnt affect me but it kills the boards...

so putting a limit is a good idea, 1 every three months is kinda sucks because alot of the members get various parts\swaps\etc....(example 1320kid "you one rich ****") . by having this i think it would take alot from the regulars members privileges.

[Modified by DOHCtorTHRUST, 12:57 AM 3/9/2003]
Old 03-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think that rule is highy stupid. what about the "newbie" people on here who own their own shops and have been swapping engines for longer then most people on this board have been driving for

i like honda-tech but i think its very ignorant on how alot of people tend to pick on "newbies" cause their new to this message board.

my opions on this might bring up some beef so if it does mods please edit my post, since I AM NOT HERE to start fights or pick on newbies

p.s. POST COUNT MEANS NOTHING!!! unless you accutlay post somthing useful and not crap like "in before the lock" or "go away troll" ect...
I know how you feel, most of everyone does. But its how life is.. Im speaking for everyone thats a regular when I say its anoying to have 3-7 of the same posts within a week buy all these new kids. If your new, post that, say hi, be welcomed. Gets some posts under your belt, meet some people, get familair and enjoy yourself.
Old 03-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Future Texas Boy

By the way, you have been here for a whopping 97 posts. Wait til` you see the same newbie **** day in and day out for a year or so. I`m sure your opinion will change. It gets old..fast. Watching a site you really enjoy go downhill is frustrating.

[Modified by vtecvoodoo, 4:57 PM 3/8/2003]
Old 03-08-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (B18C5-EH2)

I am voting "No" just because it would be so damn cool to seriously get back to the tech stuff. I know everyone is proud of their car and wants to show it off but I thought that is why there is an Appearance forum.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Nine)

I am voting "No" just because it would be so damn cool to seriously get back to the tech stuff.
Me too.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (Nine)

I am voting "No" just because it would be so damn cool to seriously get back to the tech stuff. I know everyone is proud of their car and wants to show it off but I thought that is why there is an Appearance forum.
The fact is the appearence forum is not a place I want to go or post my pics, because i dont care about the people in that forum. The people whos posts I read and opinions I value are in this forum so it should not be a big deal that a fellow H-Ter wants to show his car off to his "buddy's".

1 non tech related post in a three month period is more than fine with me.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:13 PM
New User

i agree this way some of the question that really need to be on top gets its share of time too.
Old 03-08-2003, 04:30 PM
New User

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (SleeperEG6)

What will Kid1320 do? I think one every 3 months is cool.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (ikonEK)

Yeah 1 per 3 months should be cool, if they need more than that it should be in the appropriate Appearance Forum.
Old 03-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Solbros Owns Me

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (ill phil)

are you really going to take the time and search archives to see if they made another thread within 3 months???? sounds like a lot of work to me
Old 03-08-2003, 05:46 PM

H-T is becoming efficient
Old 03-08-2003, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-08-2003, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide. (BloodShot Ek9)

Once every three months should be sufficent for posting pics. for keeping this a very good forum on H-T

Quick Reply: Say It Right HERE, Right NOW. Pics Threads or Not - YOU Decide.