Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

samco radiator hose problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 AM
tnk
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default samco radiator hose problems

to simply put it my d-series samco hoses wont fit my aftermarket radiator. hopefully u guys with more tech experience and help me out.

i want to put them to use since they're sitting around collecting dust. my car is up and running for a while now with regular rad hoses from the auto store but wanted to see if anyone else ran into this problem and how they went about it.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 AM

Default Re: samco radiator hose problems (tnk)

how won't they fit? Is the hose to big/ small? I had that problem when my rad cracked so I bought one from advance and the new rad was different from stock. The outlet and inlet holes were smaller than my stock hoses. So I had to buy a rubber piece they sell that goes around the inlet and outlet holes so the hoses fit... But then I bought the samco hoses and then I had to take the rubber pieces off cause the samcos were smaller than stock.... Hope I helped
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if it almost big enough get a heat gun or anything hot and stick some pole in it and itll expand the hose and stick it on.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: samco radiator hose problems (Dickies_n_FlipFlops)

put some vaseline on it. itll let it slide right on.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Elbow greace and some beer
Old 02-22-2008, 01:06 PM
tnk
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: samco radiator hose problems (wearyfurball)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wearyfurball &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how won't they fit? Is the hose to big/ small? I had that problem when my rad cracked so I bought one from advance and the new rad was different from stock. The outlet and inlet holes were smaller than my stock hoses. So I had to buy a rubber piece they sell that goes around the inlet and outlet holes so the hoses fit... But then I bought the samco hoses and then I had to take the rubber pieces off cause the samcos were smaller than stock.... Hope I helped</TD></TR></TABLE>
well the outside diameter of the hose is 1.25 and the inlet and outlet of the radiator is 1.5. i tried just about everything as far as lube but anyways, i'll look into some type of solution at the auto store.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dickies_n_FlipFlops &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if it almost big enough get a heat gun or anything hot and stick some pole in it and itll expand the hose and stick it on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i'll try that next time i flush my coolant system. hopefully put the hoses to good use instead of letting them sit around. i thought about dipping it in boiling water to try to get it to expand but thought it wouldnt work bc the hoses are around constant hot rad fluid

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16a3delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put some vaseline on it. itll let it slide right on.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zdizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Elbow greace and some beer </TD></TR></TABLE>
tried vasoline, liquid hand soap, silicone lube. oh well, hopefully something will work. i dont need to put them on but it would be nice to.