Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

The Saga Begins

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon4 The Saga Begins

Greetings everyone!

I have a long and drawn out story about my experience with my car and maybe sometime later I will tell the tale from finding her on a military base, being in a car club, trading with a former friend, nearly being shot repoing her back, and everthing in between. For now I will start from present day which involves extensive repair after reposessing the car.

Question 1:
I have a buddy that owns a 96 Honda Civic EX Hatchback. Will a drivers side window from this vehicle fit my 95 Honda Civic DX Hatchback?

Question 2:
What are the best riding shocks available that I can mount coilover sleeves too? I would prefer something durable that would allow a 2-3 inch drop from stock.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Saga Begins

No the window will not fit.

a lot of people seem to prefer koni yellows on ground control coilovers but ive never ridden on them. i have only had Tokico shocks which have worked well for me but i think the warranty is void after lowering more than 1.5 inches.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 AM

Thanks a million for the reply. 35 bones for a window sounded great, but only unless it fits.

I will do some searching for those coils. A 1.5 inch limit just will not do though.

Question:
I currently have the stock D15 motor. Is it possible to boost this motor without blowing it up?

I would prefer a B18 or H22 swap but I cannot seem to find one cheaper than a couple grand. I have yet to find one of those "deal of a life time" trades that everyone else seems to find.

I am selling or trading for OEM a fiberglass hood and two fiberglass vented fenders. I will ship if buyer pays S&H.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you can boost it. just make sure you get it tuned asap.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:04 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, you can run a few pounds of boost with no problems if the engine's kept in good repair and tuned right.

For shocks, I'd recommend Koni Reds or Yellows. The yellows are the higher-end ones, but the Reds are much cheaper and perfectly acceptable if you don't need the ability to adjust damping on the fly. Valving on the Reds is comparable to the yellows, although they don't have the ability to go quite as stiff. They will handle a 3" drop just fine, and they're lifetime warrantied.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 AM

3 inch is much better than 1.5. Not practical for most conditions but that's what makes coilovers so nice. Reds sound perfectly acceptable for my use.

Question:
I am still new to the extremes of tunning these little mini monsters. Does there exist a basic guide or list of components that require replacement/upgrade/tuning when doing a boost job?

I know you need to upgrade your fuel delivery to something adjustable. Also your plugs, wires and condition of the ignition all play a role.

Question:
I plan on keeping this engine as my experimental motor. How successful are these little D15's bored over?

I had a buddy of mine with one bored to a D16 equivalent but he changed his motor like he changes his clothes so I never heard a story on it. As well his was naturally aspirated.