Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

safe drives role cages

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
My car breaks a lot!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default safe drives role cages

what do you guys/girls think about the safe drives role cages?? pretty cheap right? what do you think about a 6 point in my civic si.....not planing on any real racing, mostly for looks
Old 12-16-2005, 11:40 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: safe drives role cages (teamvirus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamvirus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you guys/girls think about the safe drives role cages?? pretty cheap right? what do you think about a 6 point in my civic si.....not planing on any real racing, mostly for looks </TD></TR></TABLE>

Bad idea...... Unless you're car is going to be a full track car then stay away from cages period. End of discussion.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: safe drives role cages (SOHC4life 96)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Bad idea...... Unless you're car is going to be a full track car then stay away from cages period. End of discussion. </TD></TR></TABLE>your a *** if u get it for looks. either go fast and get one or dont even think about it. that easy!
Old 12-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: safe drives role cages (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your a *** if u get it for looks. either go fast and get one or dont even think about it. that easy!</TD></TR></TABLE>

well said.
bolt in cages are a waste. and not to mention not NHRA legal. weld it in or dont do it at all.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:19 AM
be professional

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamvirus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what do you guys/girls think about the safe drives role cages?? pretty cheap right? what do you think about a 6 point in my civic si.....not planing on any real racing, mostly for looks </TD></TR></TABLE>
6-point cage is a bad idea for daily driving, unless you use SFI padding on all exposed bars and plan to wear a helmet and harness on every trip. Track safety equipment is meant to work together as a system - not to be half-assed, which can cause more injury than no equipment at all.

If anything, i suggest a 4-point bar only for a daily driven car.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:42 AM
HT Order of Merit

Default Re: safe drives role cages (Targa250R)

A roll cage in a daily driver will probably cause more harm than good in an accident.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 PM
My car breaks a lot!

Default Re: safe drives role cages (JDM_Ej)

i have racing seats and harnesses
Old 12-18-2005, 12:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamvirus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have racing seats and harnesses</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have del sol seats and seat belts. I bet you have your harness bolted to the floor or some dumb place too. Which is another TERRIBLE idea. You're gonna wind up killing yourself doing stupid **** to your car. Stop putting **** in your car to "look" cool. You won't look so cool 6 feet under.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make bars to hook your harness to, just get one of those and call it a day. I'm assuming this is why you want a roll cage in the first place, otherwise why would you mention it.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicSpoon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teamvirus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have racing seats and harnesses</TD></TR></TABLE>

ohhh coool. hey do you also have cool neon lights, 24's, an ugly bodykit w/ gay *** decal's? they look cool (not)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC4life 96 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have del sol seats and seat belts. I bet you have your harness bolted to the floor or some dumb place too. Which is another TERRIBLE idea. You're gonna wind up killing yourself doing stupid **** to your car. Stop putting **** in your car to "look" cool. You won't look so cool 6 feet under. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you'll probably end up killing yourself with all stupid *** **** that you dont need but "looks cool".
Old 12-18-2005, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTECeg2)

Since when do role cages look cool?

It's a bunch of bars all around your car?

and listen to everyone here, there right it will cause more harm then good in an accident, and there is no point ricer boy