Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

SAFC problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAFC problem

Did a quick search without much luck and I know there are better places to post this but this area gets a lot more traffic...

SAFC2 is installed in the car and everything is good, can runs good and all but every once and a while the singnal seems to mess up or something, like if you push down the throttle to 55% according to it and let off some time it will like freeze up and stay on 55% unless I swap to another view or turn the car off and back on....

it only seems to do it for TPS and RPM signals, the map one doens't seem to be affected at all....I know i've seen an answer to why this happens before but I jsut can't remember. any idea's before I start probing around down there again?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: SAFC problem (O3DigitalBath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by O3DigitalBath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did a quick search without much luck and I know there are better places to post this but this area gets a lot more traffic...

SAFC2 is installed in the car and everything is good, can runs good and all but every once and a while the singnal seems to mess up or something, like if you push down the throttle to 55% according to it and let off some time it will like freeze up and stay on 55% unless I swap to another view or turn the car off and back on....

it only seems to do it for TPS and RPM signals, the map one doens't seem to be affected at all....I know i've seen an answer to why this happens before but I jsut can't remember. any idea's before I start probing around down there again?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Could be a glitch in the system or your SAFC2. Did you try looking for loose connections or improper installation. Check the warranty to see if it's covered or not to get it replaced or fixed.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 08-23-2005, 11:33 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (O3DigitalBath)

You could call Apex and find out if there was a problem.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not exactly sure what the problem was, but on a drive around the neighborhood with the car wanting to shut off on me, I completely unhooked the whole thing and double checked that all the wires were in the right spot and redid all the connections, then, then reset every setting on the SAFC and after that I pulled out the fuse and let the ecu reset itself again, and now everything works perfect,

so i'm not exactly sure what was causing that, but i'm thinking maybe one of the connections was weak'sos and it was just acting funny.