Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sadly...another SMOG QUESTION! topic

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sadly...another SMOG QUESTION! topic

only prob i have is im puttin out 117 over 92 HC. this is waht the Ref said. i have a carb legal edelbrock 65mm throttle body... but its only carb legal for a GSR. so i have to put a stock b16 on. also said my intake was carb legal....for a sohc...FTW!?
(honestly if i go buy a b16 65mm throttle body is it gonna be built any differently? other then the throttle cable position, no. same with the intake, a 3in intake is a [freak]ing 3in intake...damn CA smog bs ) anyways. he also said he couldnt get the temp up to i believe it was 190*F (which i think is because i had my fan wired to my ignition but i just rewired it back) so he said he couldnt get it to proper temp but did the test newayz. so i put my buddies LS DC2 cat on, put my sotck header, intake, and vacumm line that goes from valve cover to intake back on. my buddy says he has a stock b16 throttle body for me but my ? is will putting a stock b16 throttle body,rewiring my fan so its not always on, and putting my sotck intake on pass me? i also have new spark plugs w/ about 4-5k miles on em, and did an oil change less then a 1k miles back . also will it help if i fill up 91 shell?

PLEASE HELP ME....this is not a fun car...its my daily so im stuck drivin my girls bodykitted out neon...
Old 04-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

change ur cat
Old 04-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (FTP racing)

So you have everything back to stock, good. What I think he was thinking is that the ECU will not go into closed loop if the temp doesn't reach a certain temp. Like 170 or so. So the ecu is staying in open loop which runs a richer fuel map until warmed up. Thus you are failing for HC/too rich.

As for the CARB stuff you have to realize 1, that you did the mods incorrectly first of all (So don't blame CA for it) and 2 the ref has to follow the rulebook. If he doesn't he will lose not only his job but his career too.

Go get it tested with the stuff you did you should pass. But one question, what temp does the dash guage get to? It should be just under half way. If it is get it tested.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the temp was like to dashes under half...with the fan hooked up to stock it so now its about dash and a 1/2 under half