Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Sad Sad Turn of Events...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad Sad Turn of Events...

Well guys... I have to abandon my 1994 Turbo Civic project. It's a sad day for me as I really enjoyed the car even in it's stock form. I've always liked the bare-bones older Honda models for some unexplainable reason

I installed a Greddy turbo kit without fully doing my homework and blew out the rings... this began a cycle of extensive research accompanied by extensive spending to re-build the thing. I got as far as having my D15B7 block built with Crower rods and custom built JE Ceramic Crowned Pistons for a 9:1 compression with a D16Y8 head... and it stalled there...

Still need head studs, full exhaust, tuning, valve cover ventilation setup, rebuilt D16Y8 head, gauges, tuning, and some other misc items to make it run. Costs spun out of control and it's been parked for just about the entire year of 2007.

I was going to set this up as a demo car for my company... I have about $1,000 and 2 months time spent sound deadening the body of this car. That alone makes me hate to see it go... and the fact that I now need to attempt to sell off all these parts and take a big loss is a bit annoying as well *laughs*

I found a lower cost option for a demo vehicle... bought a big Chevy truck that has a cut-through completed into the bed already... fully upgraded suspension; air bags in the back, 5000 pounds springs up front, and all kinds of other stereo related goodies. Saved me, easily, 3-4 months of time building something comparable in the Civic.

Ah well... one of these days when I'm not strapped due to starting and promoting my company I'll do another Civic turbo project! Until then, my stock 2002 LX will have to suffice.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sad Sad Turn of Events... (sundownz)

sorry to hear that dude - oh well, everything happens for a reason
Old 08-17-2007, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Sad Sad Turn of Events... (sundownz)

Sorry to hear man.

**** happens, just keep it well and don't completely abandon it and you can finish it when you get some extra $.