Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

sad night for me... just wrecked the car

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 10:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sad night for me... just wrecked the car

i wa driving to a freidns house and some couple pulled out in front of me and smashed my front end al up mainly the passenger front side. the fender, hood, headlight, front bumper, wind shield is cracked now, and driver fender is damaged from opening up the hood cuz its off line. the good news is it wasnt my fault they got the ticket for i beleive failure to yield and 2 nice people actually stopeed and gave testimony to teh police officer saying that it wasnt my fault, so i am not at fault here. the bad thing is the other person had progressive insurance and i have a really bad feeling they are going to total my car out even though it loosk to be about 2000- 3000 dollars in damage. i dont want them to total it out but what can i do. this really suckx for me. i would rather them cut me a cehack for the total damage so i can go ahead and get the fron end fixed. doesnt appear to be fram damage just new radiator core support needed.

any one got any advice on my situation. if they total the car out i wont be able to find another eg hatch for as cheap as i got this one for which was 1600 bux. im screwed and its not even my fault..

heres some pix updated after the wreck.

Modified by nextelbuddy at 9:05 AM 7/19/2003
Old 07-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sad night for me... just wrecked the car (nextelbuddy)

So sorry to hear it man. At least it wasn't your fault...

It will get better soon
Old 07-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sad night for me... just wrecked the car (Starscream)

if they dont total the car out and i can get them to cut me a check for like 3500 bux. does any one here thinl that i can get teh jdm ITR front end conversion for that price?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:25 PM
Down Since Day 1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From http://www.passwordjdm.com
http://passwordjdm.com/passJDM2.htm

JDM ITR frnt end conversion non-HID $1749.00 plus shipping -incl:bumper, bumper bracket & reinforcement, radiator support, fenders w/side markers, hood, headlamps... everything is original honda, its all metal, and the condition is good!!!

But might be able to find this elsewhere. If they do total your car, take the check, buy it back and build it back up yourself. Sorry about the accident, **** really sucks ive been there.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1 point 6)

can some one explain how i buy my car back if they total it out. my understanding of it is if the damagesa are like 4000 dollars and they total it out and give me 4000 bux. then i have to give the the car. but if i want to buy it back from them how much would i have to pay them if its 4000 bux then why would i want to buy it back?
Old 07-18-2003, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nextelbuddy)

if they do total it out ill yank out my swap and interior and out my stock motor and interior back in. they aont getting my swap. hell no
Old 07-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Down Since Day 1

If they give you 4000, they will ask for like 1000 for the car. They dont ask for the amount they gave you back, its at a very reduced rate. Pretty much whatever they might get for them at auction.

Old 07-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1 point 6)

ah so its worth to buy it back in that case then cuz i know i couod use that 3000 to fix it and get what i want. thanx for the advice
Old 07-18-2003, 10:41 PM
Down Since Day 1

Did you have it towed to a yard? If you did, might want to get it towed to your house just in case. Good security thing, and if you buy it back you dont have to do it anyways. After all, it is YOUR car.
Old 07-18-2003, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

please make it happen man... your car is definitely one of the most legit as far as being unique and in good taste!!!!!!!

sorry to hear but it could be much worse!!!
-Bryan-
Old 07-18-2003, 10:45 PM
New User

if they consider your car a total loss they will cut you a check for lets say 4gs ,...if you want to keep your car,...they will most likely cut you a check for 3000-3500 and let you keep your car
Old 07-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WiDeBoDyEK)

yea i had to take the fender off so i could drive the car back to my house. but as soon as i get the police report im calling their insurance company so i can get a renta car and start the clain process. ill tell u one thing my lower back kind of hurts but i cant miss work to see a doctor about it. if u guys are right about me being able to buy the car back for that cheap then i will for sure do it. with that money i can get the type r front end for like 1500 bux non hid then use the other 1500 to pay a body shop to put it on and make it looks right. and if u have to ill pay out of my own pocket to get the car repainted
Old 07-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what suxks even moe i just got my drag III turbo kit yesterday complete ready to bolt on. now i cant do it till i figure out if ill keep the car or not. kinda sucks
Old 07-18-2003, 11:21 PM

that suks bro, not to long ago u blew a motor to. sorry to hear about ur problems. But atlest it wasnt ur fault and u will be able to get the car going again. Maybe even with that jdm front end good luck man and keep us posted
Old 07-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get a lawyer.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sad night for me... just wrecked the car (holisticbeatz)

i just added some picutres to the first post if any one can look at them and tell me if they think my car will be totaled out i would be greatly appreciated if they could tell me. the reason i ask is because my friend had a 94 read hatch just liek me and some keyed his car and he claimed insurance and they wanted to total his car out for a 1100 dollar paint job isnt that some ****?
Old 07-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

shawn, from the looks of it.. go ahead and swap the engine out. that way, you'd be on the safe side. Progressive is a little bitch to deal with. they cut you the check and then take the car away the next day. No waiting on "let me get my parts off"

If YOU don't think its totaled but the insurance company does, you can always have the option of buying it back.

Oh. here's a hint. Always reject the first check And say "I want market value, not damn bluebook"
Old 07-19-2003, 08:41 AM

Default Re: sad night for me... just wrecked the car (Hatch-E)

wouldnt market in his case be cheaper? whats blue book on it anyway? to me that doesnt look that bad, i dont think the will salvage it IMO good luck
Old 07-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sad night for me... just wrecked the car (gezer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wouldnt market in his case be cheaper? whats blue book on it anyway? to me that doesnt look that bad, i dont think the will salvage it IMO good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Blue book is around $2600-3000 depending on the condition it was in.

Market value is what it would go for in the classifieds. I.e. My friend had just wrecked his car. they were going to give him blue book ($2200 - 92 DX hatch) and he said no. Later that day, he called and said he wanted market value, and showed his insurance company that it was between 3000-3300. So they settled for $3100.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It depends on what insurance company you have, but sometimes if you talk to them and bargain with them, they'll let you keep your car. If you reall want to keep it. I don't know how Progressive will handle it though. We got my brothers Ford Focus back after "$7000 worth of damage", I forgot how much we got from the insurance company, but it was how much was left on the payments. After a new radiator, new rear and front bumpers and a bunch of playing around with the hood and headlight sockets, it only cost us $900 with all new parts. Good luck man

BTW, whats with the passenger side mirror? Or should I say, the lack of?
Old 07-19-2003, 09:41 AM

Thats cool that those people stoped and actually gave a testimony. It'd be nice to see more of that in my area.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: (teh_zyk)

sux man. its time for a new project
Old 07-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Doesn't look that bad, I doubt they will total it. If they do just buy it from them. Fender is around 115.00 I'm not sure what a hood and light will cost. Good Luck
Old 07-19-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Caveman74)

progressice just called me they are coming out to look at the car today so i will let u guys know what they say.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:02 PM

GO TO A DOCTOR!!! if you are in any sort of pain, go. it will be worth it. i got hit in a similar accident, didn't go to the doctor, and two months later i found out that i had torn one of my retinas, it had detached, and i had to have my eye cut up and fixed!!! it was really nasty, and i can barely read out of my left eye now, because of the scar.

go to a doctor now. you may also be able to sue for enough money to not give a **** about your car getting totalled. yeah, it sucks to be a dick, but that's what people have insurance for. i'm handicapped for the rest of my life, so i don't think i'm being an ******* by trying to get money from the insurance company of the guy who hit me.

Quick Reply: sad night for me... just wrecked the car