Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do?

i bought an exhaust off this place called rythem motor sports on ebay for about 350, and this is an ebay store, and a buisness with a website, not just some guy, so i didn't figure i'd get screwed. i can't believe what they're doing. they never contacted me and then i left negative feedback, so now they won't ship it. i talked to the guy on the phone, what an *******. i'm just in disbelief here. anyway i filed a claim with paypal but they said they might not be able to resolve it, anybody know any other corse of action i could take? this sucks too because i need my exhaust, i just did a swap and they previous owner took out the cat and hacked up the rest of the exhaust(i don't know why its all stock size piping and a stock muffler) so i can't even drive my car till i get an exhaust UGGG
Old 04-19-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do? (Littlegreend15)

ha damn i ordered from thier site about 6 weeks ago, they took the money, and now i finally get ahold of them and they say they havent recieved the header from the manufacturer yet but they will ship out as soon as they get it. i am pissed. 6 more weeks and i am suing them
Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do? (civictildeath)

call your credit card company, they're thieves man, you'll be lucky to get anything out of them. when they finally contacted me they said my exhaust was on backorder, but they shouldn't have even put it on ebay in the first place if they didn't have it
Old 04-19-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do? (Littlegreend15)

If you used a CC with paypal, call up your CC company and let them know whats going on. If you used your debit card, call your bank. They will investigate and if they can't show proof of shipment then your company will file a claim against them and get your money back. Where are you located compared to them? If its local, fill a small claims case against them in their jurisdiction, take em to court with all paperwork and info you need and sue their asses. Usually when you treathen lawsuit, businesses don't want to get involved with the hassel, especially over $300-$400, so they will either refund your money or just send you your ****. I had a problem with them a long time ago too. Never returned emails, calls, anything. Finally got the product but it took forever.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ha damn i ordered from thier site about 6 weeks ago, they took the money, and now i finally get ahold of them and they say they havent recieved the header from the manufacturer yet but they will ship out as soon as they get it. i am pissed. 6 more weeks and i am suing them</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Littlegreend15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i bought an exhaust off this place called rythem motor sports on ebay for about 350, and this is an ebay store, and a buisness with a website, not just some guy, so i didn't figure i'd get screwed. i can't believe what they're doing. they never contacted me and then i left negative feedback, so now they won't ship it. i talked to the guy on the phone, what an *******. i'm just in disbelief here. anyway i filed a claim with paypal but they said they might not be able to resolve it, anybody know any other corse of action i could take? this sucks too because i need my exhaust, i just did a swap and they previous owner took out the cat and hacked up the rest of the exhaust(i don't know why its all stock size piping and a stock muffler) so i can't even drive my car till i get an exhaust UGGG </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok I have extensive EBAY experience. 845 feedback. So let me help you.
First off, paypal, will only give a refund normally before 30 days. (Sometimes 45 days)
So your only thing to do is use Ebays refund system, since you have waited to long.

Eventually you will follow the various steps and file a protection claim.

First you should use Ebays Dispute resolution:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/....html

Basically, you are at the point where you will use the item not recieved process.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/....html

Just remember this.
Buyers can open an Item Not Received or Significantly Not As Described dispute between 10 and 60 days after the transaction date (the date when the listing closes and the buyer commits to buying the item and the seller commits to selling it).

Please pay attention to the 10 to 60 day thing and as soon as possible use this link
to open up your dispute.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eB...spute

I highly recommend doing this after 3 weeks unless absolutely wonderful communication between the other person is occuring

You will not get all your money back, but you won't lose everything, and you can protect other buyers as well.

Good luck.
If you have any questions about ebay, perhaps I can help.

David
Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do? (whitecat31)

ya but i ordered directly from thier website

http://store.yahoo.com/yhst-40....html
Old 04-20-2005, 12:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Littlegreend15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">call your credit card company, they're thieves man, you'll be lucky to get anything out of them. when they finally contacted me they said my exhaust was on backorder, but they shouldn't have even put it on ebay in the first place if they didn't have it</TD></TR></TABLE>

I hate companies that "drop ship".
Old 04-20-2005, 04:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do? (nub.96ek)

Sounds like what that company does is take your order for item A then once they get an order for item A they go and order the same item from another place and re-sell it to you...
Old 04-20-2005, 06:17 AM

I've dealt with them before (talk to tanner), I bought lots of stuff from them and one day they sent everything but a few items, for months I called and called and kept getting the run around about the parts were shipped or back ordered or whatever, finally I posted here on honda-tech and bitched just like you are doing, but I posted in classifieds so rythm actually saw it and contacted me (lol) Tanner eventually resolved it by refunding my money, I've dealt with them since with no problems. But yeah, sometimes they get a little to busy and lose track of stuff, but if you keep on tanner's *** he'll eventually come through.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:42 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (Pioneer162)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've dealt with them before (talk to tanner), I bought lots of stuff from them and one day they sent everything but a few items, for months I called and called and kept getting the run around about the parts were shipped or back ordered or whatever, finally I posted here on honda-tech and bitched just like you are doing, but I posted in classifieds so rythm actually saw it and contacted me (lol) Tanner eventually resolved it by refunding my money, I've dealt with them since with no problems. But yeah, sometimes they get a little to busy and lose track of stuff, but if you keep on tanner's *** he'll eventually come through.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like a shitty company . And Tanner is a horrible name.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:43 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've dealt with them before (talk to tanner), I bought lots of stuff from them and one day they sent everything but a few items, for months I called and called and kept getting the run around about the parts were shipped or back ordered or whatever, finally I posted here on honda-tech and bitched just like you are doing, but I posted in classifieds so rythm actually saw it and contacted me (lol) Tanner eventually resolved it by refunding my money, I've dealt with them since with no problems. But yeah, sometimes they get a little to busy and lose track of stuff, but if you keep on tanner's *** he'll eventually come through.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't think he will come through because he REFUSED to ship it, i talked to the guy on the phone and he said i'm just tellin ya whats gonna happen i can't ship until you remove the feedback, and i said the hell you cant, if you don't ship it, then send me a refund asap, and he said I can't do that. a buddy of mine lives in az i'm gonna see if he'll go down there and pull my exhaust out of tanners ***!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: (Littlegreend15)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Littlegreend15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i don't think he will come through because he REFUSED to ship it, i talked to the guy on the phone and he said i'm just tellin ya whats gonna happen i can't ship until you remove the feedback, and i said the hell you cant, if you don't ship it, then send me a refund asap, and he said I can't do that. a buddy of mine lives in az i'm gonna see if he'll go down there and pull my exhaust out of tanners ***!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds to me like there is more to this story. I'm gonna guess that you got impatient and left a negative feedback for them after a few days maybe even a week because you didn't get a response. You called the shop and got mouthy and now you've pissed em off. So you probably just need to call them back and be NICE about it. Removing the feedback would be a step in the right direction. Getting on here and e-thuggin it up is not going to show them that you're just a nice guy gettin caught up in an accident, it's gonna show them a stunna gettin what he deserves, a stiff one up the rear. Better yet, read my thread. Now compare your's to mine.

Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sounds to me like there is more to this story. I'm gonna guess that you got impatient and left a negative feedback for them after a few days maybe even a week because you didn't get a response. You called the shop and got mouthy and now you've pissed em off. So you probably just need to call them back and be NICE about it. Removing the feedback would be a step in the right direction. Getting on here and e-thuggin it up is not going to show them that you're just a nice guy gettin caught up in an accident, it's gonna show them a stunna gettin what he deserves, a stiff one up the rear. Better yet, read my thread. Now compare your's to mine.

Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you're a idiot, seriously man, i hope you never go into business, because you have an *** backwards idea about how it should work. this is not about pissing them off, i hope they are pissed off, what they are doing is illegal, but they get away with it all the time because of idiots like you that think its ok. i paid them for a product, now they refuse to refund my money or give me that product. leaving negative feedback on ebay, which is 100% true by the way, is not part of any agreement, the agreement is i pay for a product, i recieve that product, simple as that. if you think not holding up your end of an agreement, especially one involving that much money, is ok, that you have no integrity. if you think i'm the only one who has this same problem, read what many people had to say about them on ebay, including the nutral comments, because obvoulsy some people think this is ok and removed it in order to get their product
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eB...s-usa
Old 04-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a lawyer
Old 04-20-2005, 06:57 PM

There you go with that name calling stuff again. I don't see anywhere in that auction where they said that the item was in stock, nor do I see any specific timetable on when orders are shipped out or how long it takes to deliver, maybe you should have checked. It's not the best way for them to do business, but I understand how 'drop ship' companies work, you just need to be patient. Ever order anything on TV? Those say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you're that impatient go find a local shop that has it, but my guess is you were trying to save some $$$, again you get what you pay for. One way, or another.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know to much about e bay but i say f-it retrack your neg feed back let them send you the product then once you get the product just leave a neg feed back. it really shouldnt matter they are the professionals in the bussiness so they need to act like pros.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Littlegreend15 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">call your credit card company, they're thieves man, you'll be lucky to get anything out of them. when they finally contacted me they said my exhaust was on backorder, but they shouldn't have even put it on ebay in the first place if they didn't have it</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really in that manner, but inform the credit card company so that they can file a claim for you
Old 04-20-2005, 09:10 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pioneer162 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There you go with that name calling stuff again. I don't see anywhere in that auction where they said that the item was in stock, nor do I see any specific timetable on when orders are shipped out or how long it takes to deliver, maybe you should have checked. It's not the best way for them to do business, but I understand how 'drop ship' companies work, you just need to be patient. Ever order anything on TV? Those say allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you're that impatient go find a local shop that has it, but my guess is you were trying to save some $$$, again you get what you pay for. One way, or another.
Have a nice day!</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't have to say anywhere in the auction that the item is in stock. A company is not to charge you until the item is ready to be shipped. If they do you have the right to refund if you choose not to wait for them to get the item in stock. Any CC company will tell you that. So if the company is telling him to remove the feedback and they will ship, then they are acting illegal by bribbing him. Personally, I would get a lawsuit going to teach them a lesson. I guarantee you that once a lawsuit is mention they will straighten up. I had the same problem with the company I bought my swap from where they weren't returning my calls about missing parts in the swap. As soon as I called up the bank and filed a claim and threathened with laawsuit, lookit that..magically they were able to answer my calls and emails.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who cares if he left negative feedback .... its illegal to refuse shipment because of it.. and refuse a refund... wtf... how could you say he should be nice about it pioneer?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: (95civickid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95civickid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know to much about e bay but i say f-it retrack your neg feed back let them send you the product then once you get the product just leave a neg feed back. it really shouldnt matter they are the professionals in the bussiness so they need to act like pros.</TD></TR></TABLE>

theres a notice if you go to retract feedback that says you cannot repost it, so lets say i remove the feedback, then they say **** you, you pissed us off, we still won't ship. i wouldn't put it past such a shady company, know what i mean?

btw that pioneer guy, its people like you that allow companies to treat everyone like ****, because you think its ok. ever notice how when you go to a fastfood resturant the people are ******** half the time, but nobody cares so it continues, there was a time when the customer was always right, but the customers got apathetic about being treated like ****, so it goes on, same thing here. that company treats their customers like **** because they think they're all dumb kids who don't know any better. well i'm not a ****** kid, and i don't take this ****. i will take legal action if nessessary, what don't you understand about the fact that taking someones money and hold it hostage is ILLEGAL, you are the reason people like me have to deal with this
Old 04-20-2005, 09:25 PM

Default Re: (JDM EJ1 95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EJ1 95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who cares if he left negative feedback .... its illegal to refuse shipment because of it.. and refuse a refund... wtf... how could you say he should be nice about it pioneer?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-20-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: (JDM EJ1 95)

if they dont ship, visit them in person. i plan on it http://maps.google.com/maps?q=...hl=en

i think i may contact the better business bureau too. too much cash is gone with nothing to show.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rythem Motorsports &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All information collected is to insure that your order is processed and shipped in the quickest manner possible and to prevent fraudulent orders.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-20-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: (civictildeath)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictildeath &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i may contact the better business bureau too. too much cash is gone with nothing to show. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly. And when banks get claims for disputes, thats one of the first places they inquire. If others have filed on this company, there is an easier chance it wont take as long to get your refund and hopefully with enough complaints they will get shut down or at least better manangement.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (grlracer97)

I sent them an email through ebay.. I was actually looking at their site about the time I saw your email. Anyway, I will not buy from them until your issue is resolved. I might find another seller anyway.
As for retracting feedback.. That can not be done unles you use a PAID mediator through squaretrade. This cost about 20 dollars and both parties have to agree to talk, and one of the party member pays. If THEY want to pay the 20 then go ahead and remove the feedback. Otherwise, report them to ebay, and then go about reporting them for fraud. ALSO, if you are across state lines, other forms of fraud can be charged as well.
I wish sellers gave honest communication instead of this stuff.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (whitecat31)

Whether you are an ******* or not, they took your money so they owe you something for it. If they dont want to deal with you, they can give you a refund. Believe me, I've been on both sides of this. I could say some things about the fast food example, but anyway, he's not the bad guy if he gets nervous and pissed when they have had his money for a while and he's got nothing to show for it.

Definately don't take that guys advice and let them keep delaying. You pass all these deadlines and lose any chance of resolving it, next thing you know the business is gone and so is your money cuz you were a little too patient.

In the process of suing MMR USA aka MB Motorsports as we speak.

Quick Reply: Rythem motorsports is trying to steal my money, what to do?