Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

rsx brake swap?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rsx brake swap?

can the rsx brembo brakes be swapped onto the 98 civic hatch or is it impossible? just want to know if anybody has done it
Old 09-15-2009, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: rsx brake swap?

RSX has brembo brakes?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Arthas
epic thread that was.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha this thread aint too bad either
Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LMAO!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

He won't be back.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
He won't be back.
he might lol. There have been worse that have come back.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:03 PM

i am back and i guess you guys never heard of the type r huh? do some research and you will find that the type r came with brembos. its no wander nissan people dont like honda people so all you who tried to put me down you can suck it do your homework before you try to make people feel like **** they came with front 4 piston brembo calipers
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 PM

The DC5 Type R (Japanese market only) comes standard with a K20A 220 hp (164 kW) 2.0 L DOHC i-VTEC 4 cylinder engine. The "i" in i-VTEC stands for intelligent VTEC, which employs VTC (Variable Timing Control) to advance or retard the timing up to 50 degrees. The Integra Type R comes equipped with Recaro seats, 4-piston Brembo front brakes, a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission, a limited-slip differential, and a stiffer suspension.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What the hell did I miss... someone please tell me
Originally Posted by Arthas
Old 09-18-2009, 04:45 PM

people tried to make me look like an ******* for asking a ? thats what happened
Old 09-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by chuckd502113
people tried to make me look like an ******* for asking a ? thats what happened
Welcome to h-t, where you don't always get your questions answered. hahaha
Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 PM

if people can put ls1's in civic's a rear brake job can be done with some fabrication
Old 09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i am back and i guess you guys never heard of the type r huh? do some research and you will find that the type r came with brembos. its no wander nissan people dont like honda people so all you who tried to put me down you can suck it do your homework before you try to make people feel like **** they came with front 4 piston brembo calipers
true they come on Type-R's but you said rsx. anyway im sure its possible I mean people use NSX calipers right? why not DC5 ones. I havent seen it done yet And I think those brembos go for a lot.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hehe, you said RSX. RSX = USDM. If you were talking about the Type R. Wouldn't you atleast state it as "DC5 Integra" or something about it being type R.

The DC5 Type R (Japanese market only) comes standard with a K20A 220 hp (164 kW) 2.0 L DOHC i-VTEC 4 cylinder engine. The "i" in i-VTEC stands for intelligent VTEC, which employs VTC (Variable Timing Control) to advance or retard the timing up to 50 degrees. The Integra Type R comes equipped with Recaro seats, 4-piston Brembo front brakes, a close ratio 6-speed manual transmission, a limited-slip differential, and a stiffer suspension.
Nice google search .

Btw. I'm not trying to be an ***, but I have to say what I have to say.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:04 AM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

But you said RSX... I "wander"...did you make a mistake or did you really mean to say "Integra Type R"? And did you mean to ask if it was straight bolt-on or if it was a fab-job? I "wander"...
Old 09-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya you said Brembo brakes on a RSX. Which they dont come with. So basically you asked a question with incorrect information, then when people pointed out that you didnt know what you were talking about you got mad and googled to show info from a different car that is only available in the japanese market Type R and not a RSX.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...e-upgrade.html

Only found for EG, something similar... Had to modify the break pads to get it to fit but it works

That thread is on here too, but i didnt bother finding it
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM

rsx,type r both the same thing ok not a whole lot of change between the 2 besides parts and a chassis badge its not like i said civic and meant integra that i could understand im not a *** that doesn't even own a car and come on here just to start **** i just wanted to know if the swap was possible or if anybody has done it. do you flame all the people who say they have a ek9 because they have a hatch when they only made ek9 with the type r i know some of you flamers have and probly still do i didn't have to google nothing to find that info out im a import fan i do my research i own a 93 silvia oops i mean 240sx with a sr20det and s13 front end and a 98 hatch i been in the game for awhile dont try to put me down for asking **** we are all fans of imports here try to show a little respect to people even if they **** up a little
Old 09-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rsx,type r both the same thing ok not a whole lot of change between the 2
Lol. They both are not same thing.

Acura RSX-S=ACURA
Honda Integra R (DC5)=HONDA

Acura RSX-S=USDM
Honda Integra R (DC5)=JDM

Acura RSX-S=K20A2/Z1
Honda Integra R (DC5)=K20A

Acura RSX-S=Acura OEM Brakes
Honda Integra R (DC5)=BREMBO Brakes

Acura RSX-S=RSX
Honda Integra R (DC5)=INTEGRA

Lol, I'm sorry I'm being an ***. But it's just fun doing it when you have the chance.

Just shows us how much we care for your mistakes haha.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:12 PM

you guys over think stuff way to much what ever you call it rsx,type r,acura,honda the bodies are the same wow rhd and lhd they look the same the point of my thread was about the brakes not who knows more about cars then the other i dont care about all the other stuff flame me all you want if you dont have info on my question i dont care about you you have nothing i need all this schooling dont mean **** to me i dont care if im 100% accurate on everything i know what i need to know it took only me and 1 other person to swap my sr20 me and my friends do most of the work on our cars so knowing chassis codes dont mean **** to me that dont make you an import fan mommy and daddy dont pay for my cars to get fixed so you can act like i dont know what im talking about just because i said rsx instead of type r so like i said before if you dont have info on the brake swap **** off
Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyway enough off all this lol im not 100% but i dont think you can just swap the spindles as you can with integra/Si brakes but thats not not to say its not posible.....anything is posible.... just not practical im sure you can just buy a aftermarket kit for your car that will be bolt-on if you really want some crazy brakes or you could go for dc2 type R which is a direct swap or even just integra/SI brakes with good rotors and pads will give lots of stopping power, its all up to you. Don't forget if your putting crazy brakes your gonna need brake booster, master cylinder, prop valve, lines, and fluid that will all work together.

Also you shouldn't get so upset about ppl bashing you first of all it will only encourage them to continue to do it, second its only a forum site who really gives a rats *** what these people think of you, you made a small honest mistake and so do many people on here so wat... if I had a dollar for every time people said they have EK's on here i could go and buy an real ek9............and a dc5 lol
Old 09-20-2009, 09:07 AM

i know i shouldnt i just have an attitude problem especially when people act like i dont know what im talking about i asked a ? all i needed was an answer but thanks for the help i didnt know if you already have civic type r brakes if the rotors would fit with the calipers from the "dc5 type r" your lucky import laws suck here in the states you guys are lucky up there thanks again
Old 09-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well EK is a Chassis code and its basically universally accepted that EK is the 96-00 Civic's (non-si) while EG is 92-95 Civics (including SI).
RSX is not DC5 Integra Type R. its a different car in a different market with a different motor and different parts. Just because it has the same base chassis doesnt make it the same car. If you cant handle people pointing out when you are wrong then the internets isnt for you.

Quick Reply: rsx brake swap?