Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!!

Searched and found no info on this...

OK, here's the problem. I have a '92 CX hatch w/ a completely stock '93 d16z6 motor in it with the stock '93 Si exhaust system right now. Essentially this makes the CX an Si from an engine-only standpoint. I want to buy and install the RSR GT2 exhaust for my car (this is a header-back system from what I undestand) but am kind of iffy on if it will bolt right up or not. The d16z6 header has a 2-bolt flange at its end where it meets the exhaust, and the GT2 exhausts for the hatchback pictured on many websites (including RSR's) show the exhaust having a 3-bolt flange at its end where it meets the header.

Does anyone know if the GT2 comes with a 3-bolt flange or 2-bolt flange at the header for the 92-95 hatchbacks??? Are the pictures just wrong? <u>If it is 3-bolt, how the hell does it just "bolt right up" like everyone says?</u> Do I need some adapter or something?! ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED! I know someone out there must have this exhuast on their EG w/ z6 motor!!! Thank you

Pictures of what I'm talking about.....1st pic is my stock z6 header config (2-bolt flange at the end) and the 2nd pic is what is pictured for the 92-95 hatchback RSR GT2 exhaust on many websites (3-bolt flange at the end). How the hell are they compatible? Or maybe the pic is wrong and it really just comes w/ a 2-bolt? Wanna know before I spend $500+

+ = ???
Old 05-07-2005, 03:46 PM

you can buy new flange and weld it on
Old 05-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bunz.)

It's not a header-back exhaust...it's a cat-back system. All Honda cars have a two-bolt header flange, no matter what motor or vehicle. The front of the cat is a two-bolt, the back is a three bolt like you see above. It will fit
Old 05-07-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (lax1185)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lax1185 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not a header-back exhaust...it's a cat-back system. All Honda cars have a two-bolt header flange, no matter what motor or vehicle. The front of the cat is a two-bolt, the back is a three bolt like you see above. It will fit </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well then why is my exhaust a header back? My exhaust comes right off my An-r Header. anyone care to speculate?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lax1185)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lax1185 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not a header-back exhaust...it's a cat-back system. All Honda cars have a two-bolt header flange, no matter what motor or vehicle. The front of the cat is a two-bolt, the back is a three bolt like you see above. It will fit </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats too bold of a statement, my 91 accord has a 3 bolt header flange.....

well looking at the pictures, if u're using a catalytic converter/testpipe, it will fit, otherwise it will not
Old 05-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well then why is my exhaust a header back? My exhaust comes right off my An-r Header. anyone care to speculate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

an-r isnt a standard length header.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:14 PM

still isnt longer than a Cat + header.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Casey)

the end of the catback is a 2 bolt flange ( the one that connect t he cat with the collector ) and then the one that connect the catback with the pipe going to ur axel back is a 3 bolt flange just like the skunk 2 racing exause system i have
Old 05-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (racing_beat)

JDMlyfestyle, do you have this exhaust? I thought I saw a post by you where you reviewed it..maybe it was someone else tho, I forget. Did THIS EXHAUST SYSTEM come OUT OF THE BOX for <u>92-95 hatchbacks</u> with a 2-bolt flange <u>OR</u> 3-bolt flange at the header?

I know someone out there must have this thing on an EG
Old 05-08-2005, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK
Default Re: (neocrynym)

This isn't meant to be offensive, but stop looking at just the pictures and read what it says on the site you're viewing this exhaust. Does it state catback or not. That was the only thing that came to mind reading the very first post. Why would this addition of an exhaust have you remove the catback or testpipe from your current application when for the most part the other RSR exhaust applications I have viewed connect to the cat.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (INVALID)

the gt2 is definitely header-back, dude... thats the only way they make it. I'm sure if thats the stock header, its going to bolt up that way. the picture is probably just of a different application.. they just take one picture of one random model to show what it basically looks like. rs*r wouldn't make something for a specific model that doesn't fit on it...
Old 05-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!! (neocrynym)

I'm not sure about the 92-95 system, but the one for my 99 hatch was a headerback OR a catback depending on your setup. If you had a D-series, you can use a "downpipe" piece (that is included) to bolt to the stock cat. That piece then bolts to the rest of the exhaust system in the exact place it would if you were using a b-series motor.

I had to modify mine since I wanted to be able to use a cat or a testpipe whenever I wanted. I made a post about it

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1222937

I have pics and an explanation. Don't worry about cutting a new system up.. It's metal.. you can bend it, shape it, weld it, do whatever you can come up with. First thing I did was take a chopsaw to it and got a 3bolt flange off a big block V8 to weld on.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!! (D50boy)

it comes with a 3 bolt flange for the 92-95 EG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!! (alleyezonme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alleyezonme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it comes with a 3 bolt flange for the 92-95 EG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

So I take it you're saying this from experience then? If that's true, that sux. The pictures are all diff. on their website, btw, for whoever said that they just use one picture. Anyway, anyone think it's possible that the picture is meant to be for JDM 92-95's?...aka: that picture is of what will bolt right up to the sir2 b16? Just a thought...

Ugh, this sucks...guess I'll just spend my $500 to find out, grrrr
Old 05-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude its simple i understand your a newbie but think before you ask. of course there is a ******* catilac convertor and that will bolt to your exhaust manifold downpipe and then that will bolt to the exhaust system. a catylatic convertor has came on every honda since at least 88. u may exchange it for a testpipe or str8 pipe but i think that is to complicated for you right now
Old 05-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!! (sh1ftey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sh1ftey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dude its simple i understand your a newbie but think before you ask. of course there is a ******* catilac convertor and that will bolt to your exhaust manifold downpipe and then that will bolt to the exhaust system. a catylatic convertor has came on every honda since at least 88. u may exchange it for a testpipe or str8 pipe but i think that is to complicated for you right now</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who the f*ck is this guy? I'm the newbie? Think before YOU speak, SON. No sh*t; my car has a catalytic converter (notice it's not spelled "catilac;" I'm talking exhaust emissions, and you're perhaps talking about GM's luxury line of cars)? Gee, I didn't know that, I must be too stupid. Anyone who builds their car from the ground up from a shell and pieces must be too dumb to understand the header--&gt;cat--&gt;exhaust order of operation. All I'm simply asking is what flange it comes with out of the box from the factory, and if it is perhaps different between USDM and JDM versions of this exhaust system. Other people have given useful responses and opinions, so why can't you? I presume it's because you're too busy merely posting bullshit to get that count up so people don't see the almighty "18 posts" next to your name and realize what a poser you are.

Why don't you go back to your computer terminal in whatever-the-f*ck high school typing class your 17-year-old, puberty-ridden, 18 posts, doesn't know sh*t and should stay the f*ck off Honda-Tech until you can supply some useful information *** was sitting through while you typed this dribble you call a post. May God have mercy on anyone's soul who has ever or will ever listen to your pathetic *** on these forums, for you know nothing about anything. Cheers. Oh wait, you're only 17; nevermind on that one. My bad. I'll end this rant now, because you probably won't see it anyway. It's past your bedtime; go get some OxyClean and whipe that acne off before you sleep, you ignorant piece of high-school sh*t. You have classes tomorrow and you don't want to be late
Old 05-08-2005, 11:15 PM

Like everyone has been saying, on the end of the header, the cat attatches and has a 2 bolt flange, and on the other end of the cat, there is a 3 bolt flange so it should fit fine.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:26 AM

Its the cat/test pipe that usually converts the 3 bolt to 2 bolt.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:15 PM

Some fire and some know how will fix that problem, in other words weld it on.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

don't worry about it! that is the best part about working on cars is making stuff work. so if it doesn't fit then you get a couple of flanges that do fit from an autoparts store and weld/have some weld them on. It really is a nice exhaust and it is def. worth the time to make it fit (if it doesn't already). and if you are worried about blowing your money, don't be cause you could always sell it again if it doesn't work.

Old 05-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSR GT2 exhaust for 92-95 hatchback help!!! (alleyezonme)

Yeah, you guys got some good points. Thanks for all the good input, everyone! I guess I'll just go ahead and get it, and if for some reason it doesn't fit, either resell it or go spend a few bucks on some flanges and weld them on. Thanks again