Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RS*R cat back saves my A$$

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS*R cat back saves my A$$

So on my way to work this morning, I get pulled over. Not because my exhaust is loud, but because my can is big and chrome (bling bling)... Cop comes to my door and asks "how long have you had your modified exhaust??" I was like "I have had it for a year now" he asks how many tickets I've had and I tell him, none.... I told him my exhaust is quiter than 95db as required by California Law.. and he was like yeah, it is one of the quiter ones I've heard... then he lets me go!!! Thank you RS*R.. . .. . he also told me that you can get your exhaust certified by a state ref.... they test the db your exhaust puts out and if it is lower than 95, you won't be hassled with another ticket!!! so I searched online and found this http://www.shadetreemechanic.c...0.htm

I MY RS*R

Modified by EG2 SiR at 6:49 PM 8/23/2003
Old 08-23-2003, 09:35 AM
aira

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (EG2 SiR)

very cool! i plan to get that exhaust in the near future.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:36 AM
New User

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (aira)

Old 08-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (ELUD THS)

Looks good.

How much do they go for?
Old 08-23-2003, 09:57 AM
crazy eyez killa

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (MagillaGorilla)

Are you sponsored by RSR? Nice stickers.

Old 08-23-2003, 10:00 AM
New User

i have that same exhaust and LOVE IT!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: (joefuni)

Nice looking exhaust I like it I would like to get one myself.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That is cool! I usto have a Greddy SP on my B18C hatch, and it was still quiet. Then I went and got a Apex-i N1... Loud as hell, it sucks man! oh well good info. thanks man.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (ZEAL-SPORTS)

i have an rs*r on my sol and it was definately worth it!
rs*r 0wnz!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2 SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.. . .. . he also told me that you can get your exhaust certified by a state ref.... they test the db your exhaust puts out and if it is lower than 95, you won't be hassled with another ticket!!! so I searched online and found this http://www.shadetreemechanic.c...0.htm

Modified by EG2 SiR at 6:49 PM 8/23/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm, strange. When I got my BAR sticker, the ref said they will only do visual and emissions testing for compliance, that they were not trained in sound testing, neither are the highway patrol or local police. weird.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:41 AM
pem

tight
RS*r 20%off at
http://www.performance-emotorsports.com
Old 08-23-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: (joefuni)

Old 08-23-2003, 10:51 AM

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (CivicCLMT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicCLMT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you sponsored by RSR? Nice stickers.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

did I mention anything about my stickers??? Hmmmm...
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2 SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So on my way to work this morning, I get pulled over. Not because my exhaust is loud, but because my can is big and chrome (bling bling)... Cop comes to my door and asks "how long have you had your modified exhaust??" I was like "I have had it for a year now" he asks how many tickets I've had and I tell him, none.... I told him my exhaust is quiter than 95db as required by California Law.. and he was like yeah, it is one of the quiter ones I've heard... then he lets me go!!! Thank you RS*R.. . .. . he also told me that you can get your exhaust certified by a state ref.... they test the db your exhaust puts out and if it is lower than 95, you won't be hassled with another ticket!!! so I searched online and found this http://www.shadetreemechanic.c...0.htm

I MY RS*R

Modified by EG2 SiR at 6:49 PM 8/23/2003</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, no.... I didn't........ wonder why you wasted that time in your life flame me for a sticker....guess you have nothing better to do with yourself......
Old 08-23-2003, 10:54 AM

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (MagillaGorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MagillaGorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good.

How much do they go for? </TD></TR></TABLE>

mine is an OOOOLLLLLDDDDD model. I got it brand new for $280 on clearance! but these guys carry RS*R http://www.turboimport.com
Old 08-23-2003, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

those bumper stickers always make me snicker... ever thought about painting your canister black?
Old 08-23-2003, 10:57 AM

Default Re: (G0D)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G0D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those bumper stickers always make me snicker... ever thought about painting your canister black?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did when I first bought it, but was like... why? I like how it looks... But now I have reconsidered doing it... I am going to see if I can get a certificate of compliance first though....
Old 08-23-2003, 10:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2 SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did I mention anything about my stickers??? Hmmmm...

oh, no.... I didn't........ wonder why you wasted that time in your life flame me for a sticker....guess you have nothing better to do with yourself......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Uh Oh!
Old 08-23-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (Pho Real)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pho Real &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uh Oh!</TD></TR></TABLE>

am I wrong??? I mean.. I don't rip on anyone... If someone likes something that I don't....I keep my mouth shut... It's their car, not mine.... whatever makes em happy...

Modified by EG2 SiR at 7:05 PM 8/24/2003
Old 08-23-2003, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2 SiR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

am I wrong??? I mean.. I don't rip on anyone... If someone likes something that I don't....I keep your mouth shut... It's their car, not mine.... whatever makes em happy...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (boostedsol)

best sticker ever.

anyways i love my rs*r

noticale power increase, nice sound, nice look, fair price and perfect fitment.

i love my rs*r

-Sketch

i love my girl more than my rs*r tho
Old 08-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (CivicCLMT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicCLMT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you sponsored by RSR? Nice stickers.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

STFU and stop trying to act cool by jumping on the stickers-are-stupid bandwagon. He didn't post to see what people thought of the sticker. Anyway, to the original poster----glad to hear the cop was nice enough to let you go. From my experience with CA police, they'll still give me a ticket just because it's aftermarket, doesn't even matter if it's quiet or what.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (Daniel)

u should have gotton his badge number, then give him a reocmmendation for NOT profiling and giving you a bullshit ticket

most cops give me **** for my apexi rs(jdm WS), and its not even all chrome, i painted it black
Old 08-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: RS*R cat back saves my A$$ (rodrez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmm, strange. When I got my BAR sticker, the ref said they will only do visual and emissions testing for compliance, that they were not trained in sound testing, neither are the highway patrol or local police. weird.</TD></TR></TABLE>

as of aug 22, 2003 BAR will offically have the smog ref do the sound testing. and it only applies for vehicles cited for the violation. you must have the citation and registration on hand. BTW I also have the RS*R exmag and it's worth every penny. alot better and quieter then my old Greddy SP. RS*R=
Old 08-23-2003, 03:00 PM

ya i once got pulled over for my N1 exhaust and the cop let me go...so i thought that was pretty chill
Old 08-23-2003, 03:02 PM

you're lucky.iv'e been pulled over for my tenzo r muff be WAY to loud, so I'll go a little softer w/ a Apexi Gt Spec. waiting to get paid so i can buy one.

Quick Reply: RS*R cat back saves my A$$