Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

rotory into a delsol?...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rotory into a delsol?...

a buddy of mine at school (auto tech) said hes gonna help his friend put a rotory engine (out of a miata) into a delsol..i was just wondering ..has it been done b4..and is it possible..well..let me rephrase...possible..to be done without spending a million..aka..garage swap
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rotory into a delsol?... (tqbeastcx)

does the miata even have rotary? Rotary engine is probably going to fit because its tiny. Why on earth would you do that? The other problem ur gonna run into is making ur car a rear drive, cause i've never heard of a rotary front wheel drive. Third, rotary engines are ****. They burn oil brand new and they're expensive. Plus they have no torque. I dont know man....if u do it, baller. I dont think it'd be worth the hassle unless u had a deal on everything.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tqbeastcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a buddy of mine at school (auto tech) said hes gonna help his friend put a rotory engine (out of a miata) into a delsol..i was just wondering ..has it been done b4..and is it possible..well..let me rephrase...possible..to be done without spending a million..aka..garage swap</TD></TR></TABLE>
slap your friend.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think your friend dosent know what hes doing
miata dont come with rotory
only rx2, rx7 and rx8 does
is been done on a first gen crx
tons of fab was done
Honda-Tech Member

oh.....my

first of all, rotaries come from rx7's. miatas have traditional style engines.

second, im sure it would be possible with enough money, but you would need custom mounts and convert to rwd, its just not worth the hassle
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rotory into a delsol?... (jdm y0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm y0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">slap your friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was going to..be hes like 6'6..300 pounds..ya..i didnt kno miata's had rotory..till he said it..:-\..thought they were only the rx-7's n ****.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

put a pad lock on his fridge
Old 02-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anything can be done with the right amount of money. The only problem in your buddies situation is that miatas never ever came with rotary motors from the factory. Someone may have swapped one in but Mazda pretty much only manufactured the rotary for the RX series of car whether it be the RX-7 or RX-8. You'd be better off using something from the CRV and making it an awd car like they did in sport compact car mag with a gsr a few years back.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rotory into a delsol?... (void_accord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tqbeastcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was going to..be hes like 6'6..300 pounds..ya..i didnt kno miata's had rotory..till he said it..:-\..thought they were only the rx-7's n ****.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they are only in rx's

Default Re: rotory into a delsol?... (Heylookits shawn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Heylookits shawn &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh.....my

first of all, rotaries come from rx7's. miatas have traditional style engines.

second, im sure it would be possible with enough money, but you would need custom mounts and convert to rwd, its just not worth the hassle</TD></TR></TABLE>
oh snap its shawn.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by void_accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put a pad lock on his fridge</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm y0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
slap your friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by void_accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">put a pad lock on his fridge</TD></TR></TABLE>
haha..FTW..ya im gonna roast on his *** tommarow..hes suppose to be like the smartest guy wen it comes to cars in are class.. ..time for me to take his spot ..
Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tqbeastcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
haha..FTW..ya im gonna rost on his *** tommarow..hes suppose to be like the smartest guy wen it comes to cars in are class.. ..time for me to take his spot ..</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont get what your saying
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

he sounds like one of those people who....how do i say this nicely...

like to talk out of their ***
Old 02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by void_accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont get what your saying </TD></TR></TABLE>

idk either...i havent had any sleep int he past week...but...il try again..i go to auto tech school..and in my class..everyone goes to him with questions..bcuz..hes like 20..and has owned like 30 some odd cars in his life..and bla bla..and is suppse to kno so much..and now..he said somthign dumb and wronge..and i knew it was wronge..and i came to H-T..just to make sure i was right..so..im gonna roast on him :-)
Old 02-02-2006, 06:41 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tqbeastcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

idk either...i havent had any sleep int he past week...but...il try again..i go to auto tech school..and in my class..everyone goes to him with questions..bcuz..hes like 20..and has owned like 30 some odd cars in his life..and bla bla..and is suppse to kno so much..and now..he said somthign dumb and wronge..and i knew it was wronge..and i came to H-T..just to make sure i was right..so..im gonna roast on him :-)</TD></TR></TABLE>
show him off so you can be the "smartest guy in the class" and then so someone else can burn you cuz you said something stupid in the future.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rotory into a delsol?... (jdm y0)

i kno now..im glad i didnt have him help me put a trans into my civic...hes also a muscle head..if that helps anyone understand why he is saying/thinking these things lol