Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rotating Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rotating Tires

how do i rotate tires for my 96 civic? and what are the other basic things somebody has to do while working at a local shop besides oil changes?? im trying to gain some experience so thanks for the help
Old 05-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SImple. Take your front wheel and put it on the back, and take your back, and put it on the front. the front tires tend to use up tread faster, this way, you evenly spread the usage.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 97Ej6mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">SImple. Take your front wheel and put it on the back, and take your back, and put it on the front. the front tires tend to use up tread faster, this way, you evenly spread the usage.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea they use more tread but depending if the car is fwd or not rite?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (97Ej6mike)

switch front right and left rear
swithc front left and right rear

if the tires are unidirectional they'll need to be remounted and balanced
Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: (doood)

what other things would i need to do besides oil change?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: (Midori Green)

bump
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 PM
HT White Ops

Wait, how badly did you lie to get this job?

I really don't mean to be this blunt, but you said you got the job, right? The fact that you have to ask on Honda-Tech instead of asking your supervisors or fellow employees means there is no margin for training.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, how badly did you lie to get this job?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know right?

Old 05-20-2007, 08:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, how badly did you lie to get this job?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahhah... no im like an intern because i just started going to school for automotive lol and there looking to train people and i was willing to learn so they go hand in hand... but anyways who doesnt lie to an employer???? lol
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Midori Green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hahhah... no im like an intern because i just started going to school for automotive lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're in Auto Tech .... and you'd rather ask faceless teenagers on the internet instead of your ASE Certified instructor?
Old 05-20-2007, 08:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wait, how badly did you lie to get this job?

I really don't mean to be this blunt, but you said you got the job, right? The fact that you have to ask on Honda-Tech instead of asking your supervisors or fellow employees means there is no margin for training.</TD></TR></TABLE>

people around here are ******** and as soon as you ask them a rookie type question they make fun of you and talk **** about you like your a 2 year old instead of taking you through the steps u know
Old 05-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Ek Forever y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So you're in Auto Tech .... and you'd rather ask faceless teenagers on the internet instead of your ASE Certified instructor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

and yes because about 90% of the people on this site know how to do these simple things from what ive seen

yea i started off with what you are doing, get ready to just work your *** off, get readt to do short block swaps, long block swaps, interior warranty ****, and you will quickly learn that warranty work and comebacks are the death of a tech
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's not so much that we're ********, it more that we have morals.</TD></TR></TABLE>

NO NOT YOU GUYS I MEAN AT MY JOB AND AT SCHOOL
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Midori Green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

people around here are ******** and as soon as you ask them a rookie type question they make fun of you and talk **** about you like your a 2 year old instead of taking you through the steps u know</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't mind your question at all if it was an individual question based on your own need to work on your car. I could actually answer your question (negating the fact that it's been answered), but you ask these questions because you work somewhere that you're supposed to know how to do this sort of stuff.

I admire that you're going to school for AT, it's fun stuff. But if you have to ask people on HT to work on a paying customer's car ... then you shouldn't have paying customers.

You can learn a lot here, there's a wealth of information to be had .... but you'll learn a lot better from the people who are assigned to educate you and work by your side. Don't be embarrassed to ask your peers and superiors at work and school how to do something -- that's what education is all about.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I wouldn't mind your question at all if it was an individual question based on your own need to work on your car. I could actually answer your question (negating the fact that it's been answered), but you ask these questions because you work somewhere that you're supposed to know how to do this sort of stuff.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i totally understand you but im not quite working yet im sort of the shop bitch rite know and im getting promoted to a lube tech ftw! lol i want to know the proper way to do these everyday things im barely making any money for what im doing because everybody starts somewhere
Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Midori Green &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i totally understand you but im not quite working yet im sort of the shop bitch rite know and im getting promoted to a lube tech ftw! lol i want to know the proper way to do these everyday things</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's a position below lube tech (other than service washer)?

Seriously, though. Go beat the brains of the people you're working with ..... because like the adage goes, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." Most places you'll work at will want you to do it their way, not the Honda-Tech way.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 PM

lol man ignore him he's aboviusly trying to get a rise out of you, im in a good mood becuase i just got back from eibach, when i was in highschool i learned how to build a motor, got an internship and got hired at a kia dealership, yes kia's do blocw engines at 25000 miles, i loved that job kias were so damn unreliable i ALWAYS had MAJOR work not like at a bmw dealer where its like .2 .3 oil changes and tps sensors, i had at leat 3 clutch jobs and 1 motor ontop of maintnece and "no starts"

if you can specialize in a car manufaterer that isnt reliable ie jaquar, ford, GM, suabaru kia, hyndai guarenteed to pull in 45k as a lub tech/warranty tech/ light line

heavy line dudes pulled in 100k a year this wasnt salary we had it was ******* pay per job, of course some stayed all night doing stuff where else can you make a decent pay at a tech job???

and if you have aa choice to go either straight warranty or heavyline choose the latter warranty per job is on average 3/4 less hourly than heavyline and dont belive the "guaranteed work" vsses slow in summer becuase if you choose a shitty car line then you sir will be floodedd with overheats and headgaskets come summer
Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 PM

There's a position below lube tech (other than service washer)?

Seriously, though. Go beat the brains of the people you're working with ..... because like the adage goes, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." Most places you'll work at will want you to do it your way, not the Honda-Tech way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there is no honda tech way to do the things im asking... they are universal thats why i ask here... but i do understand what you are saying and thank you very much for being straight forward with me
Old 05-20-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: (Team RS2)

no im working for r&s strauss not for a dealer
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Ek Forever y0!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Team RS2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lol man ignore him he's aboviusly trying to get a rise out of you, im in a good mood becuase i just got back from eibach, when i was in highschool i learned how to build a motor, got an internship and got hired at a kia dealership, yes kia's do blocw engines at 25000 miles, i loved that job kias were so damn unreliable i ALWAYS had MAJOR work not like at a bmw dealer where its like .2 .3 oil changes and tps sensors, i had at leat 3 clutch jobs and 1 motor ontop of maintnece and "no starts" </TD></TR></TABLE>

Jump in a hole.

I'm with Eran, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable asking anyone questions about fixing a car, if they have any decency in them and know you're a beginner car technician, they understand and should be more than willing. They all started somewhere too. No one comes from the womb knowing how to change oil, rebuild engines.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM

thanks team rs2.... thats exactly what i was looking for... like some dirt that i should be aware of... its always usefull bro
Old 05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
HT White Ops

there is now honda tech way to do the things im asking... they are universal thats why i ask here... but i do understand what you are saying and thank you very much for being straight forward with me </TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem. I would prefer someone succeed because they got a good education. The problem with learning something the 'Honda-Tech' way is there's a lot of ghetto **** that gets passed around this site, in fact, I do some of them. Stuff like pointing a shock at a wall or a tire to get the spring off instead of using a spring compressor. I do that at home .... but at a business, that **** wouldn't fly.

If you want to make some serious change and be in a field where you will NEVER be unemployed ... be a diesel semi mechanic. My girlfriend's dad has been working as a semi mechanic for longer than she's been alive .... and he's been unemployed for ONE day since he got into the field.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Jump in a hole.

I'm with Eran, you shouldn't feel uncomfortable asking anyone questions about fixing a car, if they have any decency in them and know you're a beginner car technician, they understand and should be more than willing. They all started somewhere too. No one comes from the womb knowing how to change oil, rebuild engines.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea i know they should but not everybody has an open mind to these things like you and eran... some people I work with are just worried about making their money and doing there own work and dont have time for begginners asking 100 questions... but i also understand what your saying

Quick Reply: Rotating Tires