Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rota Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rota Wheels

Can someone tell me why everyone..or mostly everyone hates on Rotas!?
There's even a sticker that says "Friends don't let friends get Rotas"!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Rota Wheels (Vtec_YzF)

I dont hate Rotas. I got a set and everyone likes them.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Rota Wheels (94b18hatch)

the thing is that people are jealous and pissed because rota copies pretty much every wheel out there. its usually the wheel ****** who get pissed. i like um cause i cant afford to buy advan rg's but i can afford rota boost's which are an exact copy of advan rg's.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

because they are made cheap, they have been known for the spokes, all of them, to just disconnect themselves from the outside of the wheel (i'm not joking)
Old 08-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Because theyre actually awesome replicas of more expensive wheels. Rota makes a quality wheel.
People with money to buy the real **** get mad...the rest of the world is happy with them.
Why would you spend tons of cash for the real thing, driving it on the street, only to have them trashed? Makes no sense to me.

This same topic, as well as rota bashing in general, has been covered many many times before - please search for more opinions....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

I like rotas, however I dont know that they are quality wheels. They seem to break pretty easy.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:27 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Because theyre actually awesome replicas of more expensive wheels. Rota makes a quality wheel.
People with money to buy the real **** get mad...the rest of the world is happy with them.
Why would you spend tons of cash for the real thing, driving it on the street, only to have them trashed? Makes no sense to me.

This same topic, as well as rota bashing in general, has been covered many many times before - please search for more opinions....</TD></TR></TABLE>
x2. i have gt3's and love them... it is pointless for a college student such as i to put 2k in wheels on my dd and get then effed up or stolen out of the parking lot. ppl just like to bitch about something and ride bandwagons.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SR20S13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because they are made cheap, they have been known for the spokes, all of them, to just disconnect themselves from the outside of the wheel (i'm not joking)</TD></TR></TABLE>
My friend has rota's and is a horrible driver he runs **** over all the time the wheels are still standing strong rotas are a good ban for the buck. It like why buy name brand waffle for 2 more dollars than the store brand and they taste the exact same.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have rotas myself everyone likes them besides NOT EVERY PERSON you ecounter knows wTf JDM is or WTf a Volk and Rota wheel are... As long as they look nice and your happy with it....As far as quality ive had my rims for about 6 months no chips in paint good quality and i ***** my car in the streets and turns holding up so far ( i have circuit 10's which are mugen mf-10 copys
Old 08-27-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: (92EG8)

Rotas work for me too. I got a set of Circuit 8's and have a real set of Mugen Mf8's. The car feels and handles the same no matter which set is on. BUT, just gotta be more careful of curbage when I got the real s#!% on. I guess thats one advantage to Rotas, It don't hurt too bad if you messem up !
Old 08-27-2007, 08:52 PM

Ya i also have a set of c8's and some of the roads around here aren't the greatest and ive hit some pretty good potholes and nothen ever happen .. Deff worth the money in my mind .
Old 08-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nothings wrong with rotas, i dont like rotas because some people work hard, save up for the real deal stuff and thats something you have to respect..

To me rotas are like those bootleg tommy shirts, they do the job but everyone knows there fake.. go spray paint your interior bulbs orange and saying thats how its done in japan while your at it.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (`chrisb)

I think rotas are awesome for the buck especially for a DD. I agree w/ all the above as well.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Agent_EM1)

all in all, rims are rims....id get Rotas just because its more cost effective for my situation.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

imo rota's are a pretty sweet wheel. i dont like the slipstream for the fact that half the hondas i see have them. but id like to get a set of group n's after i get rid of the wheels i have now.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BEE1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BEE1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all in all, rims are rims....id get Rotas just because its more cost effective for my situation.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rotas are fine and dandy if that's what you're going for. They make an affordable product, and if you ONLY care about having a "good looking cheap wheel" .... then get them, by all means.

If you're a wheel *****, or you care about rare parts, or not having cheap knockoff parts aren't your goal .... then buy the real thing.

It's personal preference, and nobody should be hated on for going the cheap route, nor should anyone be chastised for going the baller route.

Just know that nobody is going to jock your **** for rolling fake wheels.

And for the people who said "exact" copies ... there are very noticeable differences in appearance and manufacturing process. A lot of the Rotas are cast single-piece copies of forged wheels or multi-part wheels.

Here's a good example of the differences:

Mugen

Rota
Old 08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I've heard too many horror stories about Rotas to ever get them especially for a daily driver.

I don't care to risk my car and life just to have wheels I or someone else think look cool.

Then again, I wouldn't want to rock baller wheels daily either. They beg for my car and wheels to be stolen (or curbed). Even if I had a set of baller *** wheels, I'd probably still rock stock wheels daily.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lots of people put form over function.

if you're not one of those people then you will never understand.

people who care that much about a rim i will never understand.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:33 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (instrument)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by instrument &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">people who care that much about a rim i will never understand.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's all about love and hate, man. You have to hate your wallet and love your car.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

ok seriously guys we are riding a beaten horse to death.... lets drop the whole rota suck or rotas are grea stuff... just a viscious circle. haha too much money flowing around this forum.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

loving your car has nothing to do with buying over priced rims.

i've never been a rim person though, now i just get the lightest i can afford.

and people who talk about broken rotas, where are all of them? I bet rota outsells the original manufacturers of the rims, and i bet more people who buy rotas actually drive their cars a whole lot more as well.

hell, i wouldn't drive my car too hard on rims that cost more then my vx.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've heard too many horror stories about Rotas to ever get them especially for a daily driver.

I don't care to risk my car and life just to have wheels I or someone else think look cool.

Then again, I wouldn't want to rock baller wheels daily either. They beg for my car and wheels to be stolen (or curbed). Even if I had a set of baller *** wheels, I'd probably still rock stock wheels daily.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive heard horror stories as well, but the ones ive heard, a "baller" wheel wouldnt have faired too much better. Ex the slipstream that the middle snapped out of when a kid decided to "play" in a snow covered parking lot..

Imo, I think that the quality of rota wheels is generally pretty good. If you're not driving around like an asshat, or hitting the track and putting tons of stress on the wheels then you should be fine. When I was looking around for wheels, I was looking for something that was 15 x 7 and decently inexpensive (~500) that looked pretty alright. Most of the wheels were either out of my price range or ugly as sin, so I chose a rota wheel that looked pretty alright, and did what I wanted. I think people who go out just to buy "real" rims regardless of how they look just to say "I have real rims" is doing an injustice to themselves ie advan oni, some mugen wheels, gales, etc..
Old 08-27-2007, 11:49 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (Sundown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sundown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think people who go out just to buy "real" rims regardless of how they look just to say "I have real rims" is doing an injustice to themselves ie advan oni, some mugen wheels, gales, etc..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why the hate on Advan Oni's man? Those wheels are the *******.

Seriously. Nobody should hate on anyone for their wheels. Rotas just don't do it for some people. They're cookie-cutter. They cost $0.50 ... and every Honda out there has them. That doesn't make them a bad wheel, and that doesn't mean you shouldn't buy them too.

On the other hand, all the people that hate on people with baller wheels ... it's honestly jealousy. If someone gave you the choice of a free set of Gab's or a free set of Rota's .... what are you gonna pick?

Just because you don't have the money or don't choose to spend the money on wheels doesn't mean other people shouldn't buy them.

Modified by Eran at 1:04 AM 8/28/2007
Old 08-28-2007, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have driven seasonally on a set of c8's for about 3 or 4 years now (so lets say 2 straight years), on some of the crappiest roads in the country (Michigan) and they have held up just fine.

I have seen some pictures of snapped rotas and I have seen pictures of snapped mugens, snapped spoons and even snapped lotus wheels.
All wheels can break.

If I could get a free set of actual mugens, I wouldnt want them. I drive a car that KBB's at less than $4000 and is pretty damn high on the theft list, not to mention those craptastic streets I drive on again.
Ok, let me rephrase that - If I got a set of free mugens, I would sell them and have my car repainted.
But thats just me

Quick Reply: Rota Wheels