Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Ripped Off My Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripped Off My Exhaust!!

OK... basically, i was backin into a space and i backed up too far and my Skunk2 Megapower exhaust got caught on the curb... so i tried to have someone hold the exhaust up while i moved up slowly... no such luck... so then after a few people tried getting it unstuck, each time the exhaust hittin the curb and the car rollin back from the force, someone suggested flooring it and it should go right over with the force...

SOOOO, i floored it and of course, the car came loose, but the exhaust, it came off... i have already had it welded back on, it got disconnected where the piping ends and the muffler begins at that welding point... also the hangers were ripped off but those too were welded back on...

I was just wondering since now the muffler is making a rattling sound at idle and other engine speeds, which the only rattle before was the cat converter heat sheild which was minimal... would anyone know of any other possible damage that could of occured during this process?

The only thing i can think of, to which i havent had the time to check yet but, was the header could be loose/bent/screwed up... the cat could be screwed too, and its possible that a piece inside the muffler was bent and causing the rattling sound which would majorly suck cuz then that means i need a new exhaust... along with that also the motor mounts could be damaged but i doubt it...

If anyone could come up with any other possible damage so that i may check it please let me know... thanks in advance

MATT
Old 01-02-2004, 03:25 PM

learn how to drive.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:30 PM

ya i know, quit flamin i know i screwed up, big deal everyone does it, now do u have anything constructive to offer?
Old 01-02-2004, 03:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (uranazo)

Turn the car on and let it idle and check the whole exhaust setup. You could be right and something inside is now broken. Also check to see if the exhaust is hitting somewhere. Maybe the new welds make the exhaust sit higher in a different location and now it is hitting the bottom of the car.
Old 01-02-2004, 03:44 PM

if something on the inside is broken that means new exhaust, not repairable right? could there be any other damage besides header, cat, motor mounts possibly...
Old 01-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ripped Off My Exhaust!! (uranazo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by uranazo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so then after a few people tried getting it unstuck, each time the exhaust hittin the curb and the car rollin back from the force
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could have left the e-brake up to prevent the car from rolling back...but as for the sound it could be anything do with the exhaust.