Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Rims? Interior mods?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rims? Interior mods?

Okay, whats up everyone. I need some advice on what type of rims that would look good on my car. Aside from that, maybe some interior help as well. This is my first car so I want to try and get everything right ya know? Thanks guys.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:09 PM

new steering wheel racing seats and harnesses some gauhes sound system shift **** and new ebrake handle
Old 06-29-2008, 01:12 PM

Mike

Default Re: (clubvhatchy)

Why does he need to put gauges in? Or an e-brake handle?

Listen, remember these words. FUNCTION OVER FORM.

Mike
Old 06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers)

if you get a nice set 16' rims in gunmetal the outside will look nice
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rims? Interior mods? (AyZyN)

It's your car, do what you wanna do to it.
Your the one that's gonna be driving around in it, not us.
But......some white 16 inch wheels would be nice. lol.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice, you made 2 threads regarding the exact same issue.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rims? Interior mods? (4drkidd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99_hb_on_air &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nice, you made 2 threads regarding the exact same issue.</TD></TR></TABLE>

op is a noob.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike"IAMSLOW"Myers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why does he need to put gauges in? Or an e-brake handle?

Listen, remember these words. FUNCTION OVER FORM.

Mike</TD></TR></TABLE>

did you see the guy that posted that? noob ricer.

4drkidd that's an awesome avatar, i just smacked my damn monitor, in front of someone, then felt like an idiot.

op, see your other thread, stop double posting, i left some really nice links for you in the other thread.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:11 PM

if i were u i do a nice suspension and wheels keep the stock look as much as u can build the motor do not go ricey inside i would search craigs list and junks yards get gsr interior its stock affordable and gives it little better look
Old 06-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rims? Interior mods? (b18FORZA7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18FORZA7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i were u i do a nice suspension and wheels keep the stock look as much as u can build the motor do not go ricey inside i would search craigs list and junks yards get gsr interior its stock affordable and gives it little better look</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, PUNCTUATION.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ha, nice shopping list

ShopList:
Mugen Lip (gettin`)
Mugen Valve Cover (later)
DIY paint or VHT tints (headlights;doin`)
Black Housing Headlights (depends on DIY and VHT)
CTR or Replica grill (gettin`)
JDM badges(gettin`)

I'd say save your $ and buy a 99-00 Si and start from there and sell the green car.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Got some 16 inch black slipstreams for sale
Old 06-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AyZyN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay, whats up everyone. I need some advice on what type of rims that would look good on my car. Aside from that, maybe some interior help as well. This is my first car so I want to try and get everything right ya know? Thanks guys.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lower it throw some blades on it and a big *** fart can and your good lol thats what everyone does
Old 07-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rims? Interior mods? (TB0834)

yo! how much for the Slipstreams? Ive been planning to buy those
Old 07-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rims? Interior mods? (allmotorRyan)

and Ryan, haha slipstreams or blades? I got my friend selling blades for $400 and they're pretty clean but is it worth it or just get ROTA's?
Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (clubvhatchy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by clubvhatchy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">new steering wheel racing seats and harnesses some gauhes sound system shift **** and new ebrake handle</TD></TR></TABLE>
I say don't do any of this save for maybe the shift ****.

Everyone's opinions will be different. There is no right and wrong way to make your car LOOK.

You really need to go into A/C and start looking for photos of cars like yours. There are lots and lots out there. Take note of the parts you like. Then research those parts and figure out which ones YOU really want.

If you listen to all of us you'll end up with a car you'll hate. You can't base what you do to your car on others' opinions. You'll be buying and replacing parts forever if you do that.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EH_3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ha, nice shopping list

ShopList:
Mugen Lip (gettin`)
Mugen Valve Cover (later)
DIY paint or VHT tints (headlights;doin`)
Black Housing Headlights (depends on DIY and VHT)
CTR or Replica grill (gettin`)
JDM badges(gettin`)

I'd say save your $ and buy a 99-00 Si and start from there and sell the green car.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I say don't get an Si. Nothing on that list is anything like an Si, save for maybe the CTR style grille since the Si grille has the removable H (but it won't fit his '96-'98 front end).

Plus the lip and valve cover I'll assume will both be fake.

'96-'98 Mugen Lip (Real) = $500
'96-'98 Mugen Lip (Fake) = $90
Mugen Valve Cover (SOHC; Fake) = $150 (the actual old SOHC ones don't fit IIRC and are VERY rare)
Mugen Valve Cover (DOHC; Real) = $800+
'96-'98 DIY Black Housing Headlights (Fake) = $10 (paint and silicone)
'96-'98 Black Housing Headlights (Fake) = $100
'96-'98 Civic Type R Headlights (Real) = $400
'96-'98 DIY Type R Style Grille (Fake) = $10 (mesh and zip ties)
'96-'98 Type R Style Grille (Fake) = $10
'96-'98 Civic Type R Grille (Real) = $200
Red Type R H Badges (Fake) = $15/pair
Red Type R H Badges (Real) = $40/pair

So it's between $300 (fake parts) or $2,000 (real parts). I'd really, really suggest you go with the real deal stuff if you plan to keep the car for awhile. There is definitely a BIG difference between looking at a car with the real and the fake stuff.

I don't even know what you're talking about tinting your headlights. That's not good looking and obviously illegal too. I don't think it's a great idea to call attention from cops that much.

I guessed that you meant want Type R badges for your coupe.

All prices are estimates.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk, what you price range is but working out the kinks in you car and fixing what is wrong with it should be #1 on the list. Then I would invest in some oem honda wheels that are more popular like gsr blades or ls integra mesh rims. Next would be lowering your car with a GC/Koni or some other lowering springs with aftermarket struts.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:39 PM

Default Re: (NOFX)

2000$? Go with the knockoff unless your rich , cmon ,. Get an alarm and club first of all. 2nd get suspension and drop it however low you want to go. Rims next. Lip, get the real rear si one, ctr style grill from ebay (which fit good actually) , Black your headlight housings, not tint them. Thats all I would do, a motor should come next. Don't waste money on a 800$ valve cover which serves no purpose. After that get your side skirts painted to match cause it will make it look so much better.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:44 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (.illwhitecoupe.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .illwhitecoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2000$? Go with the knockoff unless your rich , cmon ,. Get an alarm and club first of all. 2nd get suspension and drop it however low you want to go. Rims next. Lip, get the real rear si one, ctr style grill from ebay (which fit good actually) , Black your headlight housings, not tint them. Thats all I would do, a motor should come next. Don't waste money on a 800$ valve cover which serves no purpose. After that get your side skirts painted to match cause it will make it look so much better.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't listen to this kid. Build it right the first time, don't cheap out.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:51 PM

Default Re: (Eran)

w/e have fun dumping tons of money that you will never get back
Old 07-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

keep it all black.

maybe some work rims?
Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 PM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .illwhitecoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">w/e have fun dumping tons of money that you will never get back </TD></TR></TABLE>

A car isn't a sound financial investment, it's an expensive hobby. You've got to pay to play.

Have fun with your junker with a bunch of fake and spraypainted parts.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .illwhitecoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">2000$? Go with the knockoff unless your rich , cmon ,. Get an alarm and club first of all. 2nd get suspension and drop it however low you want to go. Rims next. Lip, get the real rear si one, ctr style grill from ebay (which fit good actually) , Black your headlight housings, not tint them. Thats all I would do, a motor should come next. Don't waste money on a 800$ valve cover which serves no purpose. After that get your side skirts painted to match cause it will make it look so much better.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Clubs are almost worthless. It's easy to cut through a steering wheel with a hacksaw.

There is no such thing as an Si lip. It was optional for all '99-'00 coupes and sedans and he'll either need a '99-'00 rear bumper or will need to modify his bumper or the lip to make it fit on there.

Parts from eBay, such as the Type R style grille are kind of hit and miss, so while one might fit perfectly, another will be zip tied together and fall apart on the first trip.

The $800 valve cover actually serves a purpose. The $150 fake valve cover serves as much purpose as any of the other parts you're telling him to get. It's all about being pretty.

Do it right the first time so (a) you don't regret anything (b) and you don't have to fix what you did before.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .illwhitecoupe. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">w/e have fun dumping tons of money that you will never get back </TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf.. no wonder the scene is fading, attitudes like that. ftl

back on topic.. im not fond of green hondas, but i guess some carbon fiber parts, and some bronze c10's deppending on the budget. but i would steer away from black rims on this car it will look like steelies. bronze, polish or gun metal ftw!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:28 PM

Default Re: (Kurly)

Bronze wheels aLLLLLL the way with civic EK9 front lip and drop with carbon fiber hood,

then go buy a case of beer for me.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EkFG)

yea si lips. jdm fog lights. and bronze or gunmetal wheels. then slam her

Quick Reply: Rims? Interior mods?