Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

is this right? (AEM intake install)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this right? (AEM intake install)

just finished installing my intake onto my b7 and I'm not sure if this is right, we todd did wasn't working so I had to use sony image station. it's easiest to see in pic #2. this vaccume line sticks out like it never did before is it right? there also seems to be a little space between it and the rubber piece I put it through, is this alright?
http://www.imagestation.com/al...age=Y
Old 06-16-2003, 11:54 AM

Default Re: is this right? (sombasol)

It won't go in further even with some pushing? It's weird because it looks like the hole is too far up on the intake pipe...which is funny since AEM intakes always seem to fit very well. Have you tried moving the line around at all? Maybe angling it up and then down into the pipe...?
Old 06-16-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Re: is this right? (delsolguy)

nope, it's a hard line, it doesn't move any closer than that.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:03 PM

replace the hard lines with fexible ones. you may want to put another hose clamp on the tb side of the flex joint, just to be safe.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:09 PM

Default Re: is this right? (B16b2b)

wups missed that clamp, on now. Do most people replace those lines? there is two that are stuck togwther on my car, and the one not connected to the intake gets uber hot. would a soft line work with it?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:15 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently dont have that hose hooked up to my intake.........is that the least bit bad for the motor?
Old 06-16-2003, 01:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sombasol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wups missed that clamp, on now. Do most people replace those lines? there is two that are stuck togwther on my car, and the one not connected to the intake gets uber hot. would a soft line work with it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a coolant line. i had a rubber hose on mine for over a year and it was fine. go to home depot or lowe's in the plumbing section, there should be rolls of tubing around the plumbing repair area, you'll find something there you can use.
Old 06-16-2003, 02:54 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Did you get that intake used? Usually the new ones come with a rubber hose to connect the intake to the head. Basically you want to disregard that dual hardline. You can reuse the coolant hose as it will reach the head with some re-routing. Have some pliers ready for the clamps. But yeah do as someone suggested and get some hose from home depot or pep boys to act as the "breather hose".
Old 06-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am pretty sure that that hardline should be replaced with a rubber line that goes to the other fitting on the intake that is capped off. The hole you are putting it in is for the 96+ civic's, they have some sort of air temp sensor that goes there.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:19 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is this right? (dohcVTEChatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTEChatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I currently dont have that hose hooked up to my intake.........is that the least bit bad for the motor? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Anyone?
Old 06-16-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Re: is this right? (IDriveHonda)

yes, this was brand new, I didn't get any hose with it though. so how do I plug that other hole than since they only gave me one plug?
Old 06-16-2003, 08:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Yes, you can leave the third whole alone. For 96-00, you just need to have the breather hose and sensor (If you want to keep it street legal)

Wait you have an 92-95 civic/del sol? Then you just need the one for the breather.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: is this right? (Sasebonian)

dont you hate it when you install something, only to find out you have extra parts lying around? well that happend to me when i installed my aem cai. I had that extra tube left over also. i figured it was for that metal double line, but when i unplugged it, coolant leaked out, i got scared (cuz i was a engine newbie), and put the metal hose back. now, after reading this post, i know where that extra hose goes, thanx guys! anybody know where i can dispose of coolant liquid?
Old 06-17-2003, 02:51 AM

Default Re: is this right? (Jedi_Sol)

am I the only on that didn't receive this fu*&ken tube! is it just on etub ord dues it splice into two for the other line too?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks to me that the iat sensor should go into the hole with the hose and the hose is supposed to go where that nipple with the cover on it is. Could be wrong.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:40 AM

Default Re: is this right? (97hb)

does anyone know ehat diameter of tubing I need to get and what clasps would be most effective (what kind of clasps did aem give to all the lucky people who recieved the tubing)?
Old 06-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's how mine looked on my '00 ex
Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM

Hey Cruiser G, did you do your own install?

Did the AEM CAI come with an install guide? I have a '00 Civic EX Coupe and am looking to install the CAI myself.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2003, 12:51 PM

Default Re: is this right? (IDriveHonda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IDriveHonda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am pretty sure that that hardline should be replaced with a rubber line that goes to the other fitting on the intake that is capped off. The hole you are putting it in is for the 96+ civic's, they have some sort of air temp sensor that goes there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I concur.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:46 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is this right? (Sasebonian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sasebonian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, you can leave the third whole alone. For 96-00, you just need to have the breather hose and sensor (If you want to keep it street legal)

Wait you have an 92-95 civic/del sol? Then you just need the one for the breather.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But i only have one inlet, going from the intake to the valve cover?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is this right? (dohcVTEChatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTEChatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But i only have one inlet, going from the intake to the valve cover?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yup! connect that one and plug up any others. You shouldn't have more than one hole unless you got the wrong intake for your car. this is for 92-95 models.

-Sketch
Old 06-17-2003, 04:19 PM

This is the aem cai...

The air tube... also under the air tube you can see the coolant line...

Short ram next to the cai...

Now for the ram air you should have the two holes plugged up like so and connect the air tube to that little round ****.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (larigitis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by larigitis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Cruiser G, did you do your own install?

Did the AEM CAI come with an install guide? I have a '00 Civic EX Coupe and am looking to install the CAI myself.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm pretty sure it came with an installation manual. I've done other's so I didn't really look at it. It's very straight forward. Just take out all the old intake crap and pop her in. You need to take the front bumper off too. Good luck
Old 06-18-2003, 11:46 PM
ERA

Default Re: (Cruiser G)

I've installed more cai's than i can count,you can sneek the airbox out through the bottom without removing the bumper, and install the new intake aswell. Removing the bumper is a waste of time and a pain in the ***. (especially when it's not your car ) The install is very simple, you will be able to figure it out without instructions and if you hit a wall, that's what H-T is for!
Old 06-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow did someone actually remove the bumper to install their CAI? that's funny...

Quick Reply: is this right? (AEM intake install)