Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this right?

HMOTORS, if you buy a complete change over kit/swap has everything you need for you application (car of swap), all you do is install it or have it install and your up and running? If so damn I'm slow I never knew this! If not then for me But yeah. Well if it's true then Type R baby j/k well maybe
Old 09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: is this right? (JDMegCoupe)

I don't really understand your question.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is this right? (JDMegCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMOTORS, if you buy a complete change over kit/swap has everything you need for you application (car of swap), all you do is install it or have it install and your up and running? If so damn I'm slow I never knew this! If not then for me But yeah. Well if it's true then Type R baby j/k well maybe </TD></TR></TABLE>

Pretty much. I got my motor from HAP and it came complete. Took it to a shop, brought everything required to them, and got it installed.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: is this right? (Padawan)

Maybe because now that I just found out I'm just too excited so that's probably why

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b 1 6 a 2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Pretty much. I got my motor from HAP and it came complete. Took it to a shop, brought everything required to them, and got it installed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

would hydro mounts and different ECU be extra? Otherwise snaps Type R j/k again all though maybe
Old 09-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Who's HAP? what's their prices?thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMegCoupe)

most of the time, you'll have to buy a certain conversion harness or tow. then always make sure you have the right mounts and linkage. other then that hmotors supplies you with everything else you need.

hmotorsonline
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who's HAP? what's their prices?thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAP Recycling in Sacramento, CA. http://www.haprecycling.com/

Ask for Bi and tell him the guy that has been looking for a replacement trunkboard for his civic sent you.

Direct your specific questions to him...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b 1 6 a 2)

Thanks I'll check them out! THANKS

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JdelMsolG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmotorsonline </TD></TR></TABLE>

I heard they were a good place to buy clean engines/swaps from but never really understood why I guess I now know why Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmotors always has the cleanest motors. They also have good guaruntee if any of the sensors are broken or missing they will replace them.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, they have great attitudes and help you out with what you need with no bullshit. They can help you with alot. On top of the great gurantee they offer, they also have really decent shipping. i'd have to say they have the cleanest swaps i've seen.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

AAWWW SWEET (b 1 6 a 2) I'm looking for USDM motor too! and that's all that they've got! Sweet! Though I wounder how much a USDM?&lt;---Type R swap go for? If anyone even has one with luck (yeah right ) Let's say I saved enough Well I'll def. look into the brake conversions they've got. Damn I should just registered my car (95 coupe) somewhere up north and get the Type R and be over with but gotta budget myself...play it smart

Anyways only thing Hmotors don't included is jumper harness (obd stuff) for ecu huh? Cuz I was looking for a swap for the CRX but now forget that, swaping something nice into the coupe

THANKS guys AND THANKS again (b 1 6 a 2)
Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">AAWWW SWEET (b 1 6 a 2) I'm looking for USDM motor too! and that's all that they've got! Sweet! Though I wounder how much a USDM?&lt;---Type R swap go for? If anyone even has one with luck (yeah right ) Let's say I saved enough Well I'll def. look into the brake conversions they've got. Damn I should just registered my car (95 coupe) somewhere up north and get the Type R and be over with but gotta budget myself...play it smart

Anyways only thing Hmotors don't included is jumper harness (obd stuff) for ecu huh? Cuz I was looking for a swap for the CRX but now forget that, swaping something nice into the coupe

THANKS guys AND THANKS again (b 1 6 a 2) </TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends..USDM swaps tend to be more since people look to legalize their swaps. Then again, it's been a while since I was in the market for a new motor. K series swap probably takes all the fad away from the B series.

Did you call HAP? Good luck with the search, and they do replace defective (i cant confirm all parts) parts on the motor, as long as they know you are installing it at a "real" shop for verification.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAMN HAP is in CA right? If so I got to find the right time to call (time difference) Yeah tell me about it, a K series would but super sweet but for the price of labor for the swap forget it man I rather stick with a Type R instead if I can find one...Besides I love the look of the dual over head cams...only thing K series got is that 6 speed but yeah basically I want my swap(s) to be able to pass damn local emissions that's why USDM for me

Well as far as replacement for defective parts, for sure I want my swap to run correctly so I'll have a shop drop it in.

J/W not running b16a2 now?
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DAMN HAP is in CA right?

J/W not running b16a2 now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, HAP is Sac, CA.

What's your last question? I am running the b16a2, btw.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the only thing i would be concerned with is mounts....but that depends on what motor and car, as well as the company that you go through.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b 1 6 a 2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, HAP is Sac, CA.

What's your last question? I am running the b16a2, btw.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well got to find the right time to call them then Yeah just wondering if you were still running the B16a2 and in what car? Basically just curious about your ride

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drtysohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the only thing i would be concerned with is mounts....but that depends on what motor and car, as well as the company that you go through.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know I guess there's a split on Hasport and Innovative&lt;-sp? Though I'm leanning more towards Hasport.....but yeah that's right all depends

well that's it for the night....check back tomorrow
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can use factory mounts, screw hasport unless you're going K series.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well got to find the right time to call them then Yeah just wondering if you were still running the B16a2 and in what car? Basically just curious about your ride </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im running the b16a2 motor that was purchased from HAP for over 2 years now. It's running in the 2k civic coupe.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drtysohc)

You mean to use my SOHC stock mounts for GSR, CTR or ITR swap? Anybody else heard this? I wouldn't but would it even fit? NAwh I rather get new mounts man...Yeaup that be sweet

K series is just too damn much for labor tho otherwise I'd buy the USDM Type S already and go broke after all is done Heck I probably have a better chance buying a house j/k

(b 1 6 a 2) that's the 99-00 coupe right?....If so nice ...couldn't affor the SI at the time? Or just though it be cheaper to buy a coupe then swap? &lt;---I think so, though if I did that I'd swap it to the 96-98 coupes and do the front conversion just like the body a tad better almost the same but slimmer? Though for some reason do the 96-98 have more room inside than to the 99-00? I think they do. Or maybe cus I'm not that big

Well gotta do some searching on 98 gsr brake conversion to 95 coupe so yeah..... ( b 1 6 a 2) did you buy a brake conversion from HAP? Or if you know how much one would cost? If not it's kool I'll talk to them some how
Oh yeah when you said for me to tell them the guy who refer me was the guy loooking for a " trunk board " how much they charge you for that? Cuz I bought my coupe with no trunk board, been meaning to maybe cut one out myself but been hella lazy lately well all right man
Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can I jack my own thread? ANyways IS THIS RIGHT? Went to do some searching on the GSR brake conversion for my 95 coupe (ex) This guys says...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drtysohc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yup, the 94-01 gs-r and the 92-95 civic ex hav ethe same front brakes.....exactly. the only way this swap would benefit you is if you had a dx or something like that with the 9.5" (i think thats the right size) rotors instead of the gsr/ex 10.4" rotors. sorry to tell you that you bought the wrong stuff....oh well.....saves you some work at least. invest in a good set of pads (carbotech, hawk, etc.) and a rear disc swap from a gsr/99-00 si/del sol, etc. good luck.
CHRIS </TD></TR></TABLE>

Is this really true? Fronts are the same? so I should just get the back then? 98 GSR brakes wouldn't fit to my 91 CRX would they? Anyone in here know or I got to go to the EF form

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by someone on HT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">would i know if it i just needed to bleed my brakes??? i know that is alot cheaper.. when im driving and hit the brakes the steering wheel shakes.. it shakes even more when im going faster say driving down the road crusing at 60 and need to slow down for a stop light quickly the shaking gets worse cause im using the brakes harder</TD></TR></TABLE>
Same thing happens to my CRX do I just need a bleeder as well? Scary some times

thanks

Old 09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
(b 1 6 a 2) that's the 99-00 coupe right?....If so nice ...couldn't affor the SI at the time? Or just though it be cheaper to buy a coupe then swap? &lt;---I think so, though if I did that I'd swap it to the 96-98 coupes and do the front conversion just like the body a tad better almost the same but slimmer? Though for some reason do the 96-98 have more room inside than to the 99-00? I think they do. Or maybe cus I'm not that big

Well gotta do some searching on 98 gsr brake conversion to 95 coupe so yeah..... ( b 1 6 a 2) did you buy a brake conversion from HAP? Or if you know how much one would cost? If not it's kool I'll talk to them some how
Oh yeah when you said for me to tell them the guy who refer me was the guy loooking for a " trunk board " how much they charge you for that? Cuz I bought my coupe with no trunk board, been meaning to maybe cut one out myself but been hella lazy lately well all right man </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just couldn't afford the SI back then, so the swap was always going to happen, after 5 years later. Brakes? Nope. I am still using the same brakes on the ex, which should also be the same on the SI's, except for their disc brakes for the rears.

The trunk boards were never in stock, so ifinally built one made from plywood, and I put door hinges so theres a compartment when I lift it up.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's cool...to be honest I think it's too much anyways the SI when you can swap and it'll be the same cheaper too...like taking out the SI engine from a SI and it'll be almost the same thing as a EX right...for me the car isn't a car without it's engine or something like that

The trunk boards were never in stock, so ifinally built one made from plywood, and I put door hinges so theres a compartment when I lift it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was thinking the exact same thing! (the hinges) so like if there's stuff in the trunk and you need to grab say your jack you can just lift half or part of it and not push whatever it is(grocery ) towards the back seats &lt;---although I hardly have anything in the back trunk anyways

Modified by JDMegCoupe at 3:25 PM 9/14/2007
Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's cool...to be honest I think it's too much anyways the SI when you can swap and it'll be the same cheaper too...like taking out the SI engine from a SI and your it'll be almost the same thing as a EX right...for me the car isn't a car without it's engine or something like that

I was thinking the exact same thing! (the hinges) so like if there's stuff in the trunk and you need to grab say your jack you can just lift half or part of it and not push whatever it is(grocery ) towards the back seats &lt;---although I hardly have anything in the back trunk anyways

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also, to eliminate the bending on the plywood, I have a 2 feet (2x2) piece of wood that goes across the spare.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

type r motor are so over rated.... Get a GSR bottom end and a b16 top end = Type r. Have fun. and its cheaper
Old 09-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> like taking out the SI engine from a SI and your it'll be almost the same thing as a EX right

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow

Quick Reply: is this right?