Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Richeeee's hatchback visit's the emmisions center

Old 11-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richeeee's hatchback visit's the emmisions center

First of all I would like to THANK Joe at LOCASHRACING.COM for all the work he performed on my civic hatchback. He gave me great pricing and did a great job on the "GOODIES" he installed. I recommend him to everyone and he will get my business and the business of my friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to my trip to the emmisions...

You know how this goes, you dread it the whole day, and are nervous when you get there.

well I arrive there and they tell me to pull forward to there emmisions DYNO. "pop the hood, and gas door"....I get out of the car and go in the small box room. Well they open the hood and the inspector guy just stares at the motor for like 10 seconds and pulls out his little flashlight and starts looking around. After about a minute of just looking there he calls another inspector over and they talk, I really cant hear them bacause its so damn loud in there. Im just thinking "damn here we go again" because of the problems I had with emmisions with my Right Hand Drive Integra... Well they come to my little box room and ask " what kind of motor is that" I tell them an INTEGRA motor, they say " does it have VTEC" I say " no it has I-VTEC " they look at me like " what the hell are you talking about" I just say its the UPGRADED version of VTEC *smiling*
Well they get in my car and do the emmisions test. The whole time Im praying..
test is over I get back in my car and proceed to the next inspector ( a couple feet ahead) im waiting and waiting pay the "MAN" $27.75.. PRAYING....PRAYING...
They inspector comes to my window holding the emmisions paper sorta folded so I cant see it. He says "95 civic hatchback" Im like yeah......than SLOW MOTION kicks in((((((((( yyyyyoooooouuuuuuuu pppppaaaaassssseeeedddd )))))))))))
Im like " I passed " ???? he says "YEP"....I said ohhhh YAAAAAAA..

So ya Im happy that my car will be legal.....

sooo happy....
Old 11-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Richeeee's hatchback visit's the emmisions center (RhdRicheeee)

no tech in this, belongs in gen.