Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

riced out?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 04:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riced out?????

why is it so wrong to have body kits and altezza lights on? almost everyone on this forum goes for the stock look/jdm look. am i missing something here as far as whats in and whats not? i dont have altezza lights but i have a buddy club kit. please let me know why "riced out" cars are so bad?
Old 07-13-2002, 04:56 AM

Default Re: riced out????? (dniedacess)

I try to avoid using the term "rice" just because its so generalized nowadays. Most people use it to describe something that they find in poor taste done to a car which is usually ALL show and NO go...

Rice or not, if you can make it happen at the track, then you won't hear me talking smack... with my stock EH3.

Regardless of if someone thinks a car is ricey, they prolly put just as much time into a car as anyone here with a JDM look did, or any look for that matter. Learn to respect people's work people. You don't have to like it, but at least respect it.
Old 07-13-2002, 04:59 AM

Default Re: riced out????? (dniedacess)

why is it so wrong to have body kits and altezza lights on? almost everyone on this forum goes for the stock look/jdm look. am i missing something here as far as whats in and whats not? i dont have altezza lights but i have a buddy club kit. please let me know why "riced out" cars are so bad?
I have Altezza's, because I like them. However, I do see that the "over the top" modifications ruin the lines of the car.

The problem that most of us have is the "what's in" crowd is that the flavor of the month changes. The clean, stock look never goes out of style. Nice and clean under the hood, clean and well done inside and out of the stock body remains nice and contemporary forever. Honda designs cars well, and the look is good from the factory (well, with the exception of 92-95 stock wheels - they were quite ugly - I know, I still have four in my basement).

Anyway, the best style is your style. I have Altezza's and and fiberglass hood with ram air scoops. I don't give a crap what anybody thinks of it. I like them. They look cool to me. I don't post pictures on the board, cause I just don't give a snot what anybody thinks. It pleases me to look at it, and see my own blood that I occassionally find on various suspension and engine parts. So, go with your own look. Don't copy - don't care what anybody else thinks. Make yourself happy.

Shawn
Old 07-13-2002, 05:09 AM

Default Re: riced out????? (shawnhayes)

thanx guys feel a lot better about my car. but i am thinking about going back to stock trim. it does sound nice to keeps it smooth and i do agree Honda makes a kick-*** looking ride.