Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

revlimiter at 5500 WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revlimiter at 5500 WTF???

97 civic coupe, d16y7, header, exhaust, CAI, i get on it an it hits the rev limiter??? Shouldnt it pull the 7k???? New to the honda world so take it easy on me...
Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: revlimiter at 5500 WTF???

<p>It's called limp mode. &nbsp;Your CEL is on. &nbsp;Pull the code. &nbsp;Post it.</p>
Old 09-15-2015, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
<p>It's called limp mode. &nbsp;Your CEL is on. &nbsp;Pull the code. &nbsp;Post it.</p>
Codes are 6-22-41-65-91, why do i have codes for vtec when i dont have it?? The other 2 are for a o2 sensor an 1 is for a etc sensor.... would the etc sensor cause it??
Old 09-15-2015, 06:19 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How long have you had the car? Did it pull to 7k before the mods? What ecu do you have?
Old 09-15-2015, 06:21 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

super lame...knows he has cel codes but doesn't bother to check them.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:22 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Probably went test pipe and thought "Oh, it's just for the cat. Who doesn't have a CEL on in their honda?!"

Derp.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Enjoy your reading.
https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...lists-1901557/
Old 09-15-2015, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey tuff guys read the otjer comment, i listed what codes i have.......... i jave had the car for 2 weeks, bought it with the mods done to it.... i will have to check an see what ecu i have, its in the shop for a rear main leak... i read that the fuel tank pressure sensor is not needed??? i dont see any of these codes causing this problem would they??? An yes im running a cat an both o2 sensors
Old 09-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Loves Tossing Salad

Me thinks you bought a lemon. Just grab the ecu number and we will see what's going on there.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im a carb guy, so new to these sensors an b.s... no need to be dicks, you folks were new once as well XD
Old 09-15-2015, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by montanacivic
Im a carb guy, so new to these sensors an b.s... no need to be dicks, you folks were new once as well XD
New doesn't excuse not reading bro!

Go to the post I linked and scroll through it, it tells you what your CEL's mean.

Not being a dick, just not doing your work for you.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:28 PM

<p>
Originally Posted by 09chaplak
Me thinks you bought a lemon. Just grab the ecu number and we will see what's going on there.
</p><p>It's not a lemon. &nbsp;There's a difference between a lemon, and an aborted project. &nbsp;OP bought someone else's project, which is a big no-no.</p><p>Let's go down these one at a time.</p><p><span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">6 - ECT sensor. &nbsp;It's a 2 pin sensor on the head, roughly under the distributor. &nbsp;Find it, and tell us what color wires are plugged into it.</span></p><p><span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">22 - VTEC pressure sensor. &nbsp;If you have a complete Y7, you don't have one. &nbsp;Find your head code, and your ECU code, and post both of those. &nbsp;Your head code will be on the front of the head, above the exhaust manifold flange. &nbsp;Your ECU code will be on a sticker, on the ECU itself, which should be behind the passenger side kick panel.</span></p><p><span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">41 - Primary O2 sensor heater. &nbsp;Make sure you have an O2 sensor installed. &nbsp;I'm sure you know what an O2 sensor is.</span></p><p><span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">65 - Secondary O2 sensor heater. &nbsp;Make sure you have a secondary O2 sensor installed.</span></p><p><span style="color:rgb(0, 0, 0)">91 - Fuel tank pressure sensor. &nbsp;...What the ****?</span></p>
Old 09-15-2015, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I did read what the sensors were before i posted.... i did read up on the problem, i asked what COULD be the problem... like what the code 91 ment an of iy COULD cause the problem... im picking the car up tomorrow so will post the engine, head, an intake code an the ecu number........ worst case i just have to replace the ecu correct??
Old 09-15-2015, 04:36 PM

<p>Picking the car up tomorrow? &nbsp;So you haven't bought it? &nbsp;What the **** are you thinking? &nbsp;Stop. &nbsp;Stop right now. &nbsp;Don't buy that ******* car. &nbsp;Unless you are getting it for FREE, don't even go near it.</p>
Old 09-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

.:FFS TechNet : OBD2 Code 91 Issue & Fix :.

The code 91 is possibly because of the chassis not being equipped with the sensor and the ecu you have installed looking for it. Or it could be a leak in the line running to tank. As you've been told though there's no point in speculating until you determine what ECU and head you have. Find that info out and then report back. I'll drop this link in here though as it was helpful for me when troubleshooting this code during my swap. I ended up just swapping ECUs.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Fish Twig

Than you're wasting your time and money. If you want to be like the old timers and not get with the future than just stick to what you know and continue looking at the carb vehicle, scratching your head, and play guessing games.

CEL codes give you a direction where the problem could be, from there you do the "basic" troubleshooting: check sensor, check wires, check related components. All done with a DMM. But **** if using a DMM isn't your thing just do what someone said, replace parts and hope it works.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rollinmyda
.:FFS TechNet : OBD2 Code 91 Issue & Fix :.

The code 91 is possibly because of the chassis not being equipped with the sensor and the ecu you have installed looking for it. Or it could be a leak in the line running to tank. As you've been told though there's no point in speculating until you determine what ECU and head you have. Find that info out and then report back. I'll drop this link in here though as it was helpful for me when troubleshooting this code during my swap. I ended up just swapping ECUs.
Thanks man, she will be out of the shop tomorrow.. an to the other dude READ, the car is in the shop for a rear main leak.... i have had the car for a few weeks...
Old 09-15-2015, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
Than you're wasting your time and money. If you want to be like the old timers and not get with the future than just stick to what you know and continue looking at the carb vehicle, scratching your head, and play guessing games.

CEL codes give you a direction where the problem could be, from there you do the "basic" troubleshooting: check sensor, check wires, check related components. All done with a DMM. But **** if using a DMM isn't your thing just do what someone said, replace parts and hope it works.
Dude reread what the **** i posted.... i never said i did not want to learn... why do u think i bought this car??? so i could learn, so i could get out of my comfort zone...... this is a forum for help right??? So didnt i do the RIGHT thing an ask a question?? god damn, cut a man a break....
Old 09-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude reread what the **** i posted.... i never said i did not want to learn... why do u think i bought this car??? so i could learn, so i could get out of my comfort zone...... this is a forum for help right??? So didnt i do the RIGHT thing an ask a question?? god damn, cut a man a break....

You may not do well here if thats your attitude.
Also, stop asking for help if you aren't able to troubleshoot yet.
Do some damned searches.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by purgat0ry

You may not do well here if thats your attitude.
Also, stop asking for help if you aren't able to troubleshoot yet.
Do some damned searches.
im going out on a limb here that most honda owners cant read??? What attitude?? I did search, the vtec codes through me off considering i dont have it... an yes if most honda owner are like this then i wont make it here..... i trouble shooted, i ASKED WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS, MEANING I DONT THINK ANY OF THE CODES I POSTED WOULD CAUSE THIS.... I have a great attitude but whwn folks are a smart *** an cant read that i did search, i did trouble shoot then yes folls get pissed.... to the folks that are helping me out thanks an i will post the info ya asked for later to day...
Old 09-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im going out on a limb here that most honda owners cant read??? What attitude?? I did search, the vtec codes through me off considering i dont have it... an yes if most honda owner are like this then i wont make it here..... i trouble shooted, i ASKED WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS, MEANING I DONT THINK ANY OF THE CODES I POSTED WOULD CAUSE THIS.... I have a great attitude but whwn folks are a smart *** an cant read that i did search, i did trouble shoot then yes folls get pissed.... to the folks that are helping me out thanks an i will post the info ya asked for later to day...
Lets go down NARC's list then, shall we?

6 - ECT sensor. It's a 2 pin sensor on the head, roughly under the distributor. Find it, and tell us what color wires are plugged into it. -- Did you check it?

22 - VTEC pressure sensor. If you have a complete Y7, you don't have one. Find your head code, and your ECU code, and post both of those. Your head code will be on the front of the head, above the exhaust manifold flange. Your ECU code will be on a sticker, on the ECU itself, which should be behind the passenger side kick panel. -- Y7 head?

41 - Primary O2 sensor heater. Make sure you have an O2 sensor installed. I'm sure you know what an O2 sensor is. -- 5$ says you don't have one or its not plugged in.

65 - Secondary O2 sensor heater. Make sure you have a secondary O2 sensor installed. -- See 65

91 - Fuel tank pressure sensor. ...What the ****? -- I'll repeat for him, what the ****?

--
Oh wait, you don't have the car in your possession yet, so you can't troubleshoot.

Typically people don't buy heaps of crap off of Craigslist where I'm from and beg and plead with the internet to help you fix it when you are physically incapable of fixing it (Hint: You don't have the car yet...)

Then again, I'm not from Montana, nor does it sound like I would visit there now, something likely is in the water.

Edit:
When do we just stop replying?
https://honda-tech.com/honda-civic-d...start-3258392/
He posted 6 days ago that he luuuurves the car, but it runs like crap, followed by the fact that it has "impressed him" yet it still... is a heap.
https://honda-tech.com/introduce-you...owner-3258393/

--
Go crawl under your hood and look at it, or just post more pictures to instagram, they don't get there by themselves after all.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:34 PM
Ferio Wdm Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol^ op donr buy the car.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Fish Twig

its too much trouble to look into a car that already has issues unless you're prepared to dump money into it to get it running right. Should look into one that is already running, no cels (verify if the yellow cel light comes on during startup) , and has been inspected by a shop. safest bet for new honda drivers.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:41 PM

<p>
</p><p>You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?</p>
Old 09-16-2015, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARaCist
<p></p><p>You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?</p>
Yep so stupid... to the folks helping here is what i got, head# D7B191301Y, p2f-Ha-2 back of intake P2K-1Pt-5 pcm# 37820-P2P-A32.... 921-209140

Quick Reply: revlimiter at 5500 WTF???