Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER.... GSR cluster and wiring harness ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster and wir

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster

i bought an ek about a year ago and it had a gsr cluster and it never quite had that factory look so im changing it to jdm ctr cluster... if the gsr cluster had been put in the way we all are used to the install would have went smooth and repinning would have been the only problem ... it turns out that whoever installed the cluster didnt know how to repin the stock gauge cluster harness to accept the gsr cluster so they just changed out the entire stock civic dash harness for the entire gsr dash harness! i know this isnt unheard of but it is an extremely *** backwards way of doing a simple project... i need to replace this harness with the stock one but dont know the procedure to uninstall this harness....help me unfuck my car!

i have access to a complete civic dash harness and thought that i only needed the piece of the harness from the fuse box to the cluster and climate control etc. ....so when i ripped out that peice thinking that was the only gsr component turns out that the only one civic plug fits the fuse box and the other 2 plugs that are suppose to plug in their are too small! thus telling me that the actual fuse box is part of a gsr also...so how far back do i have to trace this gsr harness till i can plug up the stock civic harness? does the complete harness have to be swapped out all the way to firewall entrance to the engine bay...

also if this harness is the gsr and since gsr has power windows (and so does my ek) and i return to stock civic harness than i wont have the use of my power windows? does that seem correct? if i use the civic si harness will my windows work again? can i wire up an alternate way?

is it possible to repin the gsr harness i have now to accept the ctr cluster? i have tried with all the diagrams but does not work maybe im doing wrong?

anyone please ! i know this may seem unclear but im putting it as clear as i possibly can ... please help me i need my baby back on the road

and if anyone in New JErsey can help me rewire this thing i will pay them to help me out...

Old 05-03-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster (jdmek910)

up i need help!
Old 05-03-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster (jdmek910)

desperate!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:40 PM

help me please
Old 05-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Why so you can pretend like youre interested, FL/OK

First determine which year cluster and harness you have currently installed in the car. You can verify by checking the wiring off the last two diagrams on this page. Once that is determined, you can rewire properly by using the diagrams listed, only go in reverse.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053318
Old 05-04-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster (INVALID)

so it is possible to use an integra harness on a stock civic cluster?

how can i tell what year the harness and cluster are?

it is not neccesary to replace the harness back to stock to use the ctr cluster?
Old 05-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

DUDE! Your making an easy project into a hard project stop what your doing and listen.

If all you want to do is swap out the cluster then fine swap out the cluster.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmek910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
is it possible to repin the gsr harness i have now to accept the ctr cluster? </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES! Thats it, case closed. 96-00 Civic cluster plugs are the same as 94-96 integra plugs (not sure about 96-00) (this info was given to me by IntegraBlueboy and he knows his ****). Worse case would be you have to go to a junkyard and grab the cluster plugs and repin it. Honestly this is really easy dont make it more difficult then it needs to be.

I highly recommend you PM integrablueboy before you go any further, heres his info:

https://honda-tech.com/zero...35452
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster (Luserkid)

i know the plugs are the same and have tried to repin the harness i have (which is not the stock civic dash harness but the dash harness from a 98-01 integra gsr) back to stock civic pin locations and i was short wires and had extras pins all over the place... for example i had no yellow pin wire (which is power) but had a yellow and white.... the guy chopped this wire harness up and had splices all over the place possibly shorts in the wires may be causing my problems because i tried to repin the harness with no luck of it working when i turned the car on.

so my question still stands ... IF IM USING A COMPLETE DASH HARNESS FROM A 98-01 INTEGRA GSR can i use the existing wires to switch back to a stock cluster?

or lets say i owned a 98-01 integra gsr and i wanted to put in a stock civic cluster (96-00) using the diagrams could i repin it backwards to make it work???

sorry if i am confusing people and i appreciate any help thanks so far