Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Researching parts for my EJ6 (pre-facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Researching parts for my EJ6 (pre-facelift)

Sorry for this being my first post, wish I could have contributed a bit before requesting advice.

as above really, I'm going on another tunnel Run soon and I plan to be using my civic which would have been repaired very shortly (hopefully), I am looking for a few bits and to be honest, don't really have much clue on what to go for and where to go.

Obviously due to the recent economic climate, these bits have to be cheap as chips(ish) but work! I'll be happy with a moderate in between.

I have been toying with the idea of a Dual exhaust for her, I have always wanted one, and since getting my Gen2 RX7 I have been smitten by them, any idea on what I can do for this? either a true dual, using a 4 to 2 manifold then running two seperate exhausts from that, or whether to bear with what I can and get a split system further on down the pipes. The pipework would most likely be a 2.5 or 3 inch game, ditto with tails.

Secondly (bear with me here) I would like a relatively decent suspension setup, lowering springs on stock shocks works for the short term and if you guys agree that is the best way for the budget/needs, then thats what I'll do, but are there any tried and tested shock/spring/coilover setups that are cheap and do the job?

Thirdly, not exactly the most important, but again, something I have ALWAYS wanted... in Forza Motorsport, the Civic Si has a spoiler option of a low duck tail-esque design, the company it comes under in the game is Bomex, but after a fruitless search online, I can find no evidence of one made by them. WHERE CAN I GET ONE!!!

Ohh yeah, there's a Coup near me with what looks like Projector/Angel eye lights, the last time I searched for a set of these, none of them were E-Marked, has there been a change? Are there now E-Marked Projectors for the EJ6?

Do aftermarket recliners (Kei Racing) need different subframes?

That's all I can really think of right this moment, I'm sure there will be more and I REALLY hope you lovely lot can help me in my endeavour...!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Researching parts for my EJ6 (pre-facelift)

By the way, I do apologise for the dipsh*t repeat questions, but I have searched and either the links are dead, the pics are gone or the answer is for the wrong model.

basically I am after recommendations/advice for each.

I noticed from a more recent thread, some of you don't like Brits... we're not all the same.