Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

replacing the driver side motor bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing the driver side motor bracket?

soo im doin a f20 swap on my eg hatch n i need to replace the driver side motor bracket. idk the actual name of the part but its what the motor mount bolts on to.. anyways i just got one that fits from honda with new studs in it but before i start pulling **** apart id like to get a lil input from someone whos done it before and/or anything i should be aware of before i do it. as far as i can tell its just a couple bolts thats hold it to the motor. any additional info would be awesome.. thanks!

Last edited by CALI-HATCHIN310; 10-01-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: replacing the driver side motor bracket?

So I assume you allready have the motor in the car and found out that the drivers side mount does not line up??? Correct me if om wrong...

I've never done an F-series swap, But I can tell you this... You want to support the engine with a jack underneath and preferably a small block of wood. I usually use about a 12 or 15 inch piece of 2X4.

You'll need to take the timing belt cover off to get to the two bolts that hold the bracket onto the block (if I follow you right thats also what your replacing, its like 2 parts for the mount that bolt together to make the mount). Hope im not confusing you.

after the engine is supported and the timing belt cover is off, just unbolt it and put the new one on, make sure that when you unscrew the long bolt that goes through the bushing and the body that it comes out easy and is not on a bind, make sure the jack isnt pushing up on the engine too much, but also that its up far enough so the engine doesnt drop any when you pull that bolt, I would pull that bolt first.

It can be a b!t@h to line back up when putting it in. I usually use a long punch and stick it through the body and bushing hole to help get them lined up.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need clarity on anything or any other questions!

y