Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

replaced window regulator, but window won't roll to top

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 replaced window regulator, but window won't roll to top

I put in a new window regulator yesterday on my driver's side power window (2000 EX Civic). Everything seems to work fine, but the window stops about am inch from the top. It doesn't do the clicking and grinding sound that the old regulator did and it does not appear as if it is stopping because of friction with the track, but rather that's just as high as the regulator will extend. As far as I can tell, the old and new regulator match exactly though. I called a local body shop at the one of the technicians suggested that there was a certain amount of leeway for adjustment, but I couldn't find anything like this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: replaced window regulator, but window won't roll to top

yeah. check the bolts that hold the regulator arms/support to the window. there should be a way to loosen them and then you push the window up however far you need to go and retighten.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One of the weakest point of my EJ8 by far The windows.

I'm just ordered a new regulator and seal...my regulator twisted...and in turn tore up the run channel seal. Kinda my fault kinda not...started to hear the wierd noises and I had to roll it up because I was at work and it started to rain...and it tore the seal up pretty bad.

Best of luck...let us know results/take pictures if you think to when you're getting into it.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Trial User

I tried loosening the bolts and even swung one of the arms around 180 degrees to see if that made any difference, but no luck. Even when everything is loosened, it doesn't seem like I can get any play with the regulator at all. Below is a link to some pictures I just took of the door, so maybe that will help a little bit.

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/...onda%20Window/
Old 10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything loooooks to be in order.

What company did you order from?

I got an ebay one and it twisted on me in like a couple of days. I'd contact the seller and be like hey...your **** is whack...send another.

If you're like I am...and you don't want to argue with people and wait for shipping.......

You can try to frankenstein your motor off the new one...grease everything up real good...however I don't know what the condition of your old one is...worth a try?