Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Repair Order! have 10 days please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair Order! have 10 days please help!

Well i was sitting at a stop light ad i got pulled over.

One: my 3rd brake light was out

two: he said my exhaust tip?

three: My tint is too dark its 20% but looks close to 35% ( dont ask why)

my questions are.. any thing i can do to not get the tint off, not put stock exhaust back on?

where do i take these probllems to get inspected and signed
Old 03-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (vlc92189)

Where do you live? I think you're screwed on the tint. If the place you bought it at states it was the legal limit, take that in writing to the cops. But, they are cops and can pretty much screw you over if they want. As for the exhaust, remove it, pass the ticket then put it back on if you want. Peace.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (h2392si)

im from md man.. yeah its 35% anyone possible i could just have no tint on the fron two windows? and keep it on the sides. and for the exhaust i dont have stock exhaust or iw ould.. this is gay lol
Old 03-26-2007, 04:16 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vlc92189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well i was sitting at a stop light ad i got pulled over.

One: my 3rd brake light was out

two: he said my exhaust tip?

three: My tint is too dark its 20% but looks close to 35% ( dont ask why)

my questions are.. any thing i can do to not get the tint off, not put stock exhaust back on?

where do i take these probllems to get inspected and signed</TD></TR></TABLE>

1: change the bulb
2: you can get pulled over for a big exhaust tip? wierd! you sure because it wasnt loud?
3: you can use tint off, but its a pain in the ***. take it to a professional and it can get taken off for around 40 bucks well worth the pain
Old 03-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (h22xcivic)

damn.. hoping i didnt have to take my tint off..
and no my car isnt really loud at all
Old 03-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you only have to take the driver and pasenger tint off. the back is legal.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (tr0n9h)

the driver and passenger side door.. and rear windows? cuz driver and side door is managleble.. it'd be great if thats true.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone confirm? thanks guys
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if the place that did your tint said it was legal, you can make them pay to adjust it, as for the exhaust, i know where i live its illegal to make an exhauts louder then the stock, but if its just a tip its ok...

good luck with that... cops are teh ghey about that ****
Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (deevin9)

yeah, especially when some cops are running 20% on their personal cars "so no one sees them in uniform driving to and from work". I heard a local cop say that at a tint place.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (crxcess)

Talk to a lawyer.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

HA I love living in the part of TN I do. No cop gives 2 ***** about your tint, I went 3 months without a working 3rd brake light, and to hell with the exhaust, ride straight header and they still won't do anything. No emissions tests either. No way in hell my car would pass but I didn't have to get it tested so no probs.

1. Change bulb
2. Hit up a junkyard for a stock muffler
3. remove tint from doors (and windshield if you tinted it).

All you get pulled over here for is drag racing and excessive speeding. 5-10MPH over and usually they don't care but I definitely got pulled over for doin 65 in a 40 though. HA. He didn't say **** about my exhaust and I KNOW he heard it. half the damn town could with as hard as hit it takin off. No ticket though, badass. Still 0 tickets on my record and that was the only time I've been pulled over.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Techy)

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. Change the bulb first of all, thats probably the easiest one. In Cali i had a ticket for the next two. I spent 25 dollars getting the tint stripped off. In cali you can have "limo" tint on the back 3 windows, but the front 2 have to be light. As for the exhaust, was it because it was loud? if so, did he check the db? when i received a ticket for loud exhaust i just took that **** to the courthouse and had the sheriff check it out. He had me rev it up to about 5, but i rev'd it slowly so that it wouldnt be loud as hell. And if the place you had your windows tinted didnt make you sign a waiver for your illegal tint i would make them fix that **** like someone said.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Techy)

Techy what part of TN are you from?

I have a gsr axle back in good shape I will sale to the OP.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sauceja)

Maury County, why?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

screw removing the tint..hit the junkyard and buy a driver and passanger side glass...swap..the swap back...that way if you get pulled over for tint again you can just keep swapping back and forth...
Old 03-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (bleakdragonmage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleakdragonmage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw removing the tint..hit the junkyard and buy a driver and passanger side glass...swap..the swap back...that way if you get pulled over for tint again you can just keep swapping back and forth...</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn that sounds easy.... i got my drive and passenger stripped off for 15 bucks. in cali i have been told that unless its factory tint, the drive and passenger door windows can't have tint. but just get the fronts light
Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (b16greenmachine)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bleakdragonmage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">screw removing the tint..hit the junkyard and buy a driver and passanger side glass...swap..the swap back...that way if you get pulled over for tint again you can just keep swapping back and forth...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds easy, but do you want to keep getting hassled by the cops and receive a ticket for not only your tint, but something else they pull out of their ***? It would be easier to just have a shop scrape it off and replace it with a shade that is legal. Why hassle with ripping both doors apart and having to swap your glass everytime you get a ticket? That tint ticket is going to add up, even if they are nice and give you a 10 dollar fix it ticket.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (95ProjectEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95ProjectEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sounds easy, but do you want to keep getting hassled by the cops and receive a ticket for not only your tint, but something else they pull out of their ***? It would be easier to just have a shop scrape it off and replace it with a shade that is legal. Why hassle with ripping both doors apart and having to swap your glass everytime you get a ticket? That tint ticket is going to add up, even if they are nice and give you a 10 dollar fix it ticket. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well depending on what state he lives in...its not legal to have any tint on the fronts...and he asked if there was any way he could not take the tint off....so...i gave him a way to not take the tint off...i mean...from what i hear from my friends with dark tint..they rarely ever(and by that i think 1 of my friends ever got rolled) get pulled over for JUST their tint..its moreso after theyve been speeding or whatever..that the cop writes them up for that...as for ripping the doors apart..dude...its not that hard..would take like 20min MAX a door...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vlc92189 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im from md man.. yeah its 35% anyone possible i could just have no tint on the fron two windows? and keep it on the sides. and for the exhaust i dont have stock exhaust or iw ould.. this is gay lol</TD></TR></TABLE>

im from MD and a friend of mine actually got a ticket for his exhaust and it turns out theres no law for that in our state. ill see if he knows where he found that info but once he did he took it to the police station and they basically tore his ticket up.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man everyone knows that if you have dark tint and you get pulled over the first thing you do is roll down both windows, then you never have this problem. they just get pissed cause they cant see in with their spot light.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:55 AM

hey with the tint just take it off half way or a quarter, if the cops roll up on you just roll the windows down some so it shows that you got no tint. Friend of mine did it out in Cali and had no problems. Low Profile...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what is the actual violation on the ticket for the exhaust???

...about the lights...fix it...

i got pulled over for having a loud exhaust...

the violation was..
"modifying exhaust to increase sound"

what i did...i went to a police station to get my ticket signed off...

i didnt change ****

i told them i got pulled over because i didnt have a muffler, and i told them, i just put it back....he told me to drive it, and (i barely step on the gas) so it wont be loud...after that he signed it...and its good...

if its only the tip....then take it off...you can take that off right??? with screws...if its welded, cut it...then have it rewelded after you get it checked

about the tint..tell them your front windshield has a tint before, and you just took em off...

the worst thing they can do is...
to tell you....its not good enough...

just try it, you aint gonna spend nothing, but time to go to the police station...and talk straight do not act like youre scared...

Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (Ghostdog16)

Do u have a close friend or a relative that's a cop?

Whenever me or my family members get a fix it ticket we just get it signed off from one of our two bros. Their both 5-0's, luck us huh.

You basically need someone to signed it off or get it fix.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 AM
GarageAlchemist

Default Re: Repair Order! have 10 days please help! (Ghostdog16)

tints rcier crap, ditch it.. exhaust, is it legal.. then say so.. if not, duh.. take it off... and of course change the bulb.

/thread

Quick Reply: Repair Order! have 10 days please help!