Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Removed A/C, new radiator needed soon. Couple questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed A/C, new radiator needed soon. Couple questions.

As the title states, what radiator could I get to run all the way across the front and what mods if any are needed?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removed A/C, new radiator needed soon. Couple questions. (JRI94)

bump for a REAL tech question
Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A.) search

B.) since it's Easter and I'm in a good mood, go to a local auto parts store and order a Del Sol VTEC dual-core radiator. It fits in the stock location and does a more than adequate job of cooling swaps from d16 turbos to K20As to H22As. It should be right around $100 after taxes and no other modifications are required to make it fit with your stock fan/shroud and mounting hardware.

/End of thread.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump for a REAL tech question</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the REAL question at hand is why the hell you would want to do this to begin with? A dual core Del sol radiator will be more then sufficient for your setup, so why waste time, energy, money, and add more weight running the larger radiator?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removed A/C, new radiator needed soon. Couple questions. (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think the REAL question at hand is why the hell you would want to do this to begin with? A dual core Del sol radiator will be more then sufficient for your setup, so why waste time, energy, money, and add more weight running the larger radiator?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would I want to do this to begin with? Simple...so I don't have to spend more money on yet another radiator when I start building my engine. Make sense now?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hybridautomotive.com/tech/teg_rad/
Old 04-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why would I want to do this to begin with? Simple...so I don't have to spend more money on yet another radiator when I start building my engine. Make sense now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, not at all. Its already been pointed out to you that the dual core Del Sol will be more then enough to cool your setup. I push 170 to the front wheels on my car NA and have had 0 problems using the Del Sol radiator... Even in the 100+ degree California summer heat idling in traffic. I fail to see what your going to do with the SOHC that would require the use of the larger radiator.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRI94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why would I want to do this to begin with? Simple...so I don't have to spend more money on yet another radiator when I start building my engine. Make sense now?</TD></TR></TABLE>

then why are you looking for one if you dont have the money? also IMHO the Delsol radiator can be purchased for like $120 shipped new
Old 04-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn people... he asked a simple question. The least you could do is answer it before you start trying to talk him into something else.

An integra radiator will be full width. You'll need to relocate at least one of your lower radiator brackets to make it work. Ideally, you would remove them both, lower the passenger side one and move the driver's side one to the left side of the car. You can lower drill out the spot welds and reuse the brackets.

[edit] now that I think about it... you *might* not need to lower the brackets. I was using a fluidyne radiator, didn't lower them and ended up with clearance issues.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removed A/C, new radiator needed soon. Couple questions. (BatuKing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BatuKing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

then why are you looking for one if you dont have the money? also IMHO the Delsol radiator can be purchased for like $120 shipped new</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who said I don't have the money? It's like this. If I get what I need for the future now, but can still use it with what I have, why would I spend the money on the radiator made for my stock setup and then spend the money to upgrade to another radiator in a year or so? It's actually pretty simple math. And where are you guys getting the prices for these radiators?

Thanks for looking out JeffS.