Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

removed ac now my car wont run???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed ac now my car wont run???

Well i have a D series 96 civic coupe. I removed all of my ac components today so i can install my turbo kit. All of the AC lines, ac pulley, and compressor from off of the block. As soon as i started up the car i am now throwing codes 41, 43, and 7. (oxygen sensor heater, tps sensor, and fuel supply sytem) Why would removing the ac from my car make me throw these codes?? I only touched ac components. The only electrical things i had to unplug were my condenser (round grey plug) and 2 other plugs... one was located on my ac fan and one was connected to a plug which came from behind my driver side headlight. This plug is now un connected and just sitting there. I figured these were the wires to turn on my fan and to make the compressor turn on. MY CAR RUNS LIKE CRAP!!! PLEASE HELP.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:02 PM

Default Re: removed ac now my car wont run??? (italykid420)

any ideas?
Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your car is most likely in limp mode due to your numerous error codes. I don't see the link with the a/c and the o2 sensor and the others. Do you have a helms manual or some other shop manual that would give procedures how to diagnose the problems. I know those came in handy for me. If you say you didn't touch any of those specific sensors, than I really don't know how else to diagnose it.

Bump for someone who may have experienced this before.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is in limp mode, and no, removing the A/C had nothing to do with your woes.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by italykid420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Well i have a D series 96 civic coupe. I removed all of my ac components today so i can install my turbo kit.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is your problem. You added the turbo and didn't take the necessary precautions before you installed it. The TPS sensor could have gotten busted while you were installing (especially if you pulled the motor). If not, it's more than likely you're just getting improper voltage signal from the sensor. Your o2 sensor is freaking out because you're running way too rich. Fuel supply is probably from your stock pump not being able to produce the amount of gas that you need to run your car properly with the turbo installed. I would say, at least upgrade to a GS-R pump, or go all out and buy a Walbro or something and not worry about it. Do you have an FPR?
Old 09-22-2004, 03:56 AM

Default Re: removed ac now my car wont run??? (hatchling37)

i havent installed the turbo yet.....all i did was remove the ac...and then i started the car up.
Old 09-22-2004, 04:14 AM

I dont think it has ANYTHING to do with your ac, are you sure you didnt take something out that you THOUGHT was for the AC, and wasnt hehe.

I dont think its because you took your AC out....

and to the other guy saying its because you installed a turbo that you didnt...

"Your o2 sensor is freaking out because you're running way too rich. Fuel supply is probably from your stock pump not being able to produce the amount of gas that you need to run your car properly with the turbo installed."
Humm...his car is messing BECAUSE its RUNNING RICH , AND his fuel pump isnt able to produce enough fuel....how the **** is he gonna run rich with not enough fuel....? lol