Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Remote start

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start

Hey do u guys kno how to install a remote start/ alarm system on a manual car..it says u have to do something with a relay or clutch sensor..do u guys kno how jus wondering
Old 05-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Remote start (sTraNdeD)

all you have to do is bypass the clutch. remote start is koo but it kill yoour ignition later on. think bout it first.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope you dont leave ur car in gear on accident
Old 05-17-2004, 04:40 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JDMlifestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2on14inBRWS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all you have to do is bypass the clutch. remote start is koo but it kill yoour ignition later on. think bout it first.</TD></TR></TABLE>

your wrong.. remote start systems are just like starting the car w/ your key! no difference, a couple years back they would kill some ignitions but technology has gone further and they are fine now..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlifestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hope you dont leave ur car in gear on accident</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes dont leave the car in gear, my car was left in gear by a friend of mine and it drove through my garage door of my moms house!
Old 05-17-2004, 05:48 AM

Default Re: (Boostfedb18c1)

in quite a few states its illegal to have a remote start on manual cars.. i wouldn't do it thats just me cause i always park in gear.. you never know if the ebrake might fail you.. especially on a hill
Old 05-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ekb18cCivic)

HMM THATS WEIRD CUZ MY FRIEND JUST PUT ONE ON HIS NSX AND ITS KILLS IS IGNITION AFTER 6 MONTHS. UP TO U
Old 05-17-2004, 09:58 AM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (EG2on14inBRWS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EG2on14inBRWS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HMM THATS WEIRD CUZ MY FRIEND JUST PUT ONE ON HIS NSX AND ITS KILLS IS IGNITION AFTER 6 MONTHS. UP TO U</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt it's the autostart's fault. More like a shitty install job and something wasn't right. Or a cheap *** system.
Don't skimp on an autostart/alarm system. I have a compustar start/alarm in mine. I've had it installed over 4 years ago and love it. Never once let me down. I did break the remote one time and had to buy a new one but that's about it.
The compustar systems are designed to work with manual tranny cars. You have to "arm" the autostart circuit by shutting the car off a certain way, otherwise the system won't let you start the car by remote. Idiot proof system.

I think the NSX thing was just a coincidence or your buddy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and fucked up the install.
Old 05-17-2004, 10:13 AM

Like everyone is saying it's good to have but not on a stick. I put them on automatics all day at work. but not good on stick. All u got to do is leave it in gear and start it and u will not have a car anymore or a real bad damaged car. It can make it up to third or fourth gear. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! If u still want to do, all u have to do is look for the clutch plunger and zip tie it.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:57 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (stage3turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by stage3turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like everyone is saying it's good to have but not on a stick. I put them on automatics all day at work. but not good on stick. All u got to do is leave it in gear and start it and u will not have a car anymore or a real bad damaged car. It can make it up to third or fourth gear. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! If u still want to do, all u have to do is look for the clutch plunger and zip tie it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Read what I said about the compustar system.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Remote start (sTraNdeD)

I have one by autostart and you have to have the e-brake on, and shut the car down a certain way - (tap the break twice) and exit the car, it will still run untill you shut the door, and if you open it again without remote starting it, it wont start next time round less you remote start by the remote and stop it again via the remote when you leave, its not to bad i guess, i would of liked to have put an automatic version in myself so i wouldent have to do the goofy shut down and hooked up an extra safety switch instead so if it wasent in neaturl it wouldent start. But mine is pretty cool and not to shabby id recomend it

-Edit-
As for the clutch sensor all you do it hook up the starter wire up after the relay its not very hard at all.......... and you hook up a wire to the parking brake switch which you wouldent normally do with an automatic version...