Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Remote 4 Door Power Look

Old 04-14-2006, 02:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote 4 Door Power Look

Hello, Iam from German. Sorry my bad english.
I Drive an Civic EG8-LX 93 an will install this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
In my German Forum, nobody can help me. I have nothing found about this. And is it normaly that i can only open my driver door and not the others. i must press every time the lock key to open all doors. But i can close all doors from the driver side.
I Hope somebody can help me.

Modified by striketrike at 3:41 AM 4/14/2006

Modified by striketrike at 3:42 AM 4/14/2006
Old 04-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Remote 4 Door Power Look (striketrike)

1st thing, welcome to H-T.
2nd thing, this will get more responses in the audio, video, security forum.
3rd thing, if you are in germany check out http://www.directed.de , this is the comp. that makes viper and such, they offer a system similar to this and will be much higher quality. And not to mention they have the best tech support in the industry, they can help you out.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Remote 4 Door Power Look (5THGENSI)

if the all of the doors open and close, then the door actuators still work, one of the switches your using may be broken
Old 04-14-2006, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Remote 4 Door Power Look (5THGENSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5THGENSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1st thing, welcome to H-T.
2nd thing, this will get more responses in the audio, video, security forum.
3rd thing, if you are in germany check out http://www.directed.de , this is the comp. that makes viper and such, they offer a system similar to this and will be much higher quality. And not to mention they have the best tech support in the industry, they can help you out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

"they have a system similiar to this and will be much higher quality" and will drain your wallet 10x faster...

That's 46 bucks for a system that PROBABLY works well...of course ur going to make the claim "well it's ebay, it can't work well" .. yeah but it can see my friend bought underglow neons and a full sound system off of ebay stores and they really do look good....oh yeah, right off of ebay, with paypal and everything, he did it, they work - yeah, and they were from stores too

You can't beat that price, and actuator is an actuator, how much is the viper system? 3x that?

EDIT:

Here, I went to that stie you gave him and clicked on the viper 1000 system, I took the price to a currency calculator

and this is what I got:
399 Euro = 483.017 US Dollar

Well ****, 46 bucks or 483.02

In case you can't tell that's 10.5x as much money...without shipping

As for the german guy who posted this:

You can buy it, I personally can't help you as I've never done the installation of actuators into a car that didn't already ahve them, spose if I did I could help you but I really didn't so I can't...Anyways, true, as he said, you won't get the tech support you could get from a 300 euro system, but you can get the general purpose down, if you search I'm sure you can find somebody on honda tech who can help you very easily ~~

Good Luck
Old 04-14-2006, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very thanks for answer. iam already buy the actuator from Ebay.
I dont understand that i cant open all doors with key, but i can close all door. I have think this is normaly for US Cars.
When its not normaly i can find the problem and can install the keyless open.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (striketrike)

****! I love ebay! I work at a stereo shop and I see alot of people by inexpensive equipment all the time at flea markets and online. alot of times they have problems with it and cant get any customer service, tech support, or warranty, thats all I was getting at. if the stuff works out good for you!