Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Reconstruction Help(Crashed EG)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reconstruction Help(Crashed EG)

So due to some very lame brand new tires my car failed to stop in time and rear ended a very special driver that randomly holds brakes in the middle of the busy highways in FL.

I need some help. Judging from what I saw the radiator definitely needs to be repaired and I possibly might need a new radiator but I doubt it. My question is would it be better to get a brand new rad support or just repair the one I have now. Also before I go shopping around anyone can suggest how much money they spent on frame work.

I crashed Friday and let the car sit for a day to look for leaks later on. Saturday morning found none. Car still works and runs like nothing ever happened. Started it and took it for a spin in the neighborhood and it didnt act weird/leaked/ or overheat.

So do you recommend getting a new radiator anyways. Based on what I see Its practically resting against the header, but operates perfectly fine.

I kind of rough estimated to cost of everything to be around 650 dollars to repair it not including paint. But I dont know anything. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Pic below

NO MY INSURANCE COMPANY IS NOT DEALING WITH THIS. IT WAS A WALK AWAY ACCIDENT. WE BOTH DECIDED TO SQUASH IT. SINCE NOTHING HAPPENED TO HER DAMN CAR ANYWAYS. JUST SOME CHIPPED PAINT. BESIDES I RATHER PAY FOR THIS ONE OUT OF POCKET FOR MY SAKE.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reconstruction Help(Crashed EG)

your gonna need, radiator support, ac condenser (if you have a/c) radiator, hood, feder(s), bumper, and now it depends if you will like aftermarket parts, used, or dealer. used are cheap and oem( most of the times ) might need work, aftermarket might have to do some mods, dealer well pretty expensive, as for labor , if theres no frame damage on rails , approns, well might just be replacing parts.. ask people around for some one that does body work for a better quote , or remove the front end and youll see what you will need .
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Oh look, I can change this

Received 131 Likes on 105 Posts

Open it up and post moar pics. That will give a better idea of what needs replacement/fixing.

On one note: it looks like your bumper cover escaped any major damage.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Just taking things off, we need pics of damage thats hidden.

Core support is history, but it looks like your frame rails got buy without damage.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If it's bent, fix it. And get rid of the headlights.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
If it's bent, fix it. And get rid of the headlights and the wheels.
fixed
Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96EJ6LX
If it's bent, fix it. And get rid of the headlights and the wheels. Plus those nozzle spray.

Originally Posted by wannaBjdmca6
fixed
double fixed.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good call on the nozzles.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it would be better to get a new core support rather than trying to fix it. overall it doesnt look that bad. once the hood is off take a pick of the driver side frame rail it looks pushed out slightly from the pic but may not affect anything.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pothole987
it would be better to get a new core support rather than trying to fix it. overall it doesnt look that bad. once the hood is off take a pick of the driver side frame rail it looks pushed out slightly from the pic but may not affect anything.
I dont see the frame rail looking pusehed out??? Where exactly?
Anyone else see it?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tire Fail is a lame excuse for going to fast and not stopping in time. You clearly hit that person 30-40 miles per hour.

Anyways, its going to be more than 650 to fix that car. Core Supports are about 250-350 from the Dealership. You can get one from the junkyard cheaper, just drill the tach welds out. Also, you will need it to get tach welded in. New Hood needed. Driver Side Fender. 2 New Headlights. Driver Side Wheel Well Cover. Bumper Support needs to be re-aligned.

You will need a new Bumper or repair yours. If you look at the picture, the holes where the bolts go into the support were ripped open from the impact. You can glue washers where the holes are and use it that way.

And this is without labor, because I'm guessing you don't weld and you will need to tach/spot weld the Core Support, and this is also without the radiator repair/replace. You got more than 650 without paint of parts to buy.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh yeah, don't forget the most important part to buy, new "Tires"

- Edit - Also, if you saw her randomly holding her brakes and were driving behind her, did you think that something could be wrong or thought about being cautious, because you clearly weren't paying attention or aren't that bright if the person in front of you is hitting there brakes and your still on the throttle.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EdSales
Oh yeah, don't forget the most important part to buy, new "Tires"

- Edit - Also, if you saw her randomly holding her brakes and were driving behind her, did you think that something could be wrong or thought about being cautious, because you clearly weren't paying attention or aren't that bright if the person in front of you is hitting there brakes and your still on the throttle.
by any chance, are you his pops?