Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Reckless Driving Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Reckless Driving Ticket

Sup HT, first of all i got a d16 V-tec Sohc and i have straight piping I/H/E.
I was making a U-Turn and gunned it going down the street 1st, 2nd, 3rd gear.
Then i hear sirens i'm thinking its an ambulance trying to get by but it was a cop telling me to pull over so basically he asks for my license and he comes back with 2 tickets one for a Modified Exhaust, and the other for Reckless Driving. Now this is my first offense and here in VA where i live its a criminal charge and i don't have the money for a lawyer. Could anyone please help me out can i just buy a silencer and install it on the muffler and take pics ?
and will i just get a fine for my first offense for the Reckless driving or will i get a harsher penalty.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Reckless Driving Ticket

sucks for you.. I have to go to court this monday for an exhibition of speed ticket. And I have no money to pay it off either
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Two totally seperate tickets man! Fix your exhuast and have the volume measured to show its within legal limits in your state(google Va auto regulations).

Second, your reckless driving is a little harsh. If it is really your first offense you can probably strike a deal with the prosecutor or request trial by judge and explain your situation. Tell the judge something like "i ripped a hole in my muffler and it exaggerates spirited driving to the ut-most!"

I peeled out at a intersection and accelerated through second around a van that was blocking the intersection due to traffic and just being inpatient and was pulled over by a state trooper and given a reckless driving ticket for FISH TAILING my CIVIC through an intersection and traffic!

HAHHAHAHAHHAAAA, even the officers partner was smerking at the fact that a FWD CAR CAN NOT FISHTAIL.

Went to court, officer did not even show, judge said "Are you sure you want to fight this and not take the plea deal?($370 fine)" I said yes i cetainly do, judge frowned, and said your dismissed!

BAMMMMM MuthaF%ckeRRRRRR!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rokwilder1
Two totally seperate tickets man! Fix your exhuast and have the volume measured to show its within legal limits in your state(google Va auto regulations).

Second, your reckless driving is a little harsh. If it is really your first offense you can probably strike a deal with the prosecutor or request trial by judge and explain your situation. Tell the judge something like "i ripped a hole in my muffler and it exaggerates spirited driving to the ut-most!"

I peeled out at a intersection and accelerated through second around a van that was blocking the intersection due to traffic and just being inpatient and was pulled over by a state trooper and given a reckless driving ticket for FISH TAILING my CIVIC through an intersection and traffic!

HAHHAHAHAHHAAAA, even the officers partner was smerking at the fact that a FWD CAR CAN NOT FISHTAIL.

Went to court, officer did not even show, judge said "Are you sure you want to fight this and not take the plea deal?($370 fine)" I said yes i cetainly do, judge frowned, and said your dismissed!

BAMMMMM MuthaF%ckeRRRRRR!
You think I should try and fight it too? I never had a ticket in my life!! This ticket was 3 months ago, so you think the officer will show up in court? what will happen? I live in cali
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ugh.. Might get a harsher penalty.. Doubt they take first offenses into consideration...
And for raidcaipo, got caught racing?? Also a harsh penalty
Old 08-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, Usually officers dont show up!! Like a 35 percent chance they will! U just gotta have a good story in case u dont get lucky
Old 08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Take into account that an officer usually has to work their shift and report to court after, before or during and you get the point. 3 months later and you have a good chance. Ca is a little harsher than Va or TX(me) though....
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EG'SUS
Ugh.. Might get a harsher penalty.. Doubt they take first offenses into consideration...
And for raidcaipo, got caught racing?? Also a harsh penalty
well I wasnt actually racing.. It was late at night on a sunday at around 11:30pm on an empty road. I decided to test out my car after waiting at a stop light. I looked around to see if there are any cops or cars around.. Noone in site.. As soon as it turned green I took off.. Then A cop car pulls me over out of nowhere.. he was hiding.. he said he heard my tires screeching and didnt actually see me take off but still gave me an exhibition of speed ticket of going 55mph on a 40mph zone. You think I have a good chance? my court date is this monday and I dont have money to pay off the fine
Old 08-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No video footage, is good. Could easily be reduced to a speeding ticket. Good that is was late at night and no one around. If you did not make a big deal about it, even better, less reason for the officer to make note of the inccident. worst case you have to pay. You dont have to pay right away, there are payment plans.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rokwilder1
No video footage, is good. Could easily be reduced to a speeding ticket. Good that is was late at night and no one around. If you did not make a big deal about it, even better, less reason for the officer to make note of the inccident. worst case you have to pay. You dont have to pay right away, there are payment plans.
I heard exhibition of speed is 2 points on your record in Cali.. I DONT WANT 2 points! I never had a ticket in my life or involved in an accident of driving for 7 years!!!! Im also looking at my ticket and it says its a misdemeanor.. what the hell? I dont even have a criminal record or anything on my record!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there is always community service